• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jeff Gorton, Glen Sather Pen Message to Fans Ahead of Deadline

In case you had any doubts left that the Rangers intend to among the busiest and most active teams at the looming trade deadline, you can safely bury them now.

Mobile link: https://twitter.com/nyrangers/status/961669453804130304

The tl;dr version of this effectively confirms they intend to make multiple trades to rebuild for the future, including losing some "guys we all care about and respect". This is clearly code speak that indirectly confirms many of the reports from the game's insiders that even the likes of Ryan McDonagh, Mats Zuccarello, and/or J.T. Miller could soon be out the door.

Read more

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They dont do this for Nash, Grabner, maybe Holden, or Pavelec. Not even for Miller... this is them telling the fans Zuccarello is a goner... he's the only player fans care about that might fit that description.

McDonagh, too.

In a weird way, I'm kind of excited to watch this team post-deadline. I appreciate that they are going to make the difficult choice to part ways with fan favorites for a better team long term. We've had a lot of success (i get no cup but I feel like we've been a contender basically every year for a while now) and it's going to be time for a new era.

In a weird way, I'm kind of excited to watch this team post-deadline. I appreciate that they are going to make the difficult choice to part ways with fan favorites for a better team long term. We've had a lot of success (i get no cup but I feel like we've been a contender basically every year for a while now) and it's going to be time for a new era.

Yea, top-6 Paul Carey is going to be awesome! lol

It'll be fun to see which young guys are brought up, but the team should be a ton more fun to watch next year. There will probably be a new coach, and everyone will be competing for spots. They shouldn't be anywhere near as lethargic as they have been.

My fiance is going to be broken when she finds out Zucc is being traded lol

dont tell her. See how long it takes her to figure it out.

My wife learned all the players, numbers, etc the first season we were together. Next season, when half the team was different, she got pissed and stopped paying attention.

Yea, top-6 Paul Carey is going to be awesome! lol

It'll be fun to see which young guys are brought up, but the team should be a ton more fun to watch next year. There will probably be a new coach, and everyone will be competing for spots. They shouldn't be anywhere near as lethargic as they have been.

in a sense you're right, but to me it kind of seems like there is no fire in this team right now. Have a team full of guys whose careers depend on what they show for the last bit of the season and who knows what we'll see.

in a sense you're right, but to me it kind of seems like there is no fire in this team right now. Have a team full of guys whose careers depend on what they show for the last bit of the season and who knows what we'll see.

What we will see is more loses, which isn?t a bad thing at this point in time.

Archived