Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 85

Thread: Jeff Gorton, Glen Sather Pen Message to Fans Ahead of Deadline

  1. #41
    Team Win BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23,240
    Rep Power
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueshirts1926 View Post
    Trading Zuc is a bad idea considering the last 3 of 4 years he lead this team in scoring. He would be valuable to the young guys.

    Need to go: Nash, Smith, Holden, Pavelic and Grabner, Staal, Fast, Desharnais, Carey, Kampfer, need to go.

    Next to stay: Zuc, Hank ( mentor to the young backup) Vesey, Shatternkirk, Skjei, Krieder (on short leash), Zibanejad, MIller, Hayes, Buchnevich, Holden ???, DeAngelo (will be better). The rest gets filled in to make the team youth and FA's.

    Even of you tank the rest pf the season they will not get Dahlin. He is going to Arizona or Bujffalo. Best they could get is 5,6,7
    Not getting too much for those guys. Other names are being floated because they will return significant assets that may help the team, long-term

  2. #42
    Senior Member Mite Division Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    6
    I have misgivings about this letter. It seems to be telegraphing punches and does not enhance bargaining positions. Obviously, this means the sale is going to go well beyond the UFAs, which means McD & Zuch.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    2,088
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    I have misgivings about this letter. It seems to be telegraphing punches and does not enhance bargaining positions. Obviously, this means the sale is going to go well beyond the UFAs, which means McD & Zuch.
    It would be a shocker if both of them were still around at the start of next season.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  4. #44
    Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    1,397
    Rep Power
    7
    Is this so-called letter authentic? All of a sudden the NYR front office wants to mollify the fans by forewarning them of up and coming deals? Hmmmm......

  5. #45
    Team Win BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23,240
    Rep Power
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Is this so-called letter authentic? All of a sudden the NYR front office wants to mollify the fans by forewarning them of up and coming deals? Hmmmm......
    This was released by NY Rangers, online and through twitter


    I'm going to assume you dont read twitter.
    It's an extremely fragile bunch.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Junior Division
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,939
    Rep Power
    75
    Gorton did a press conference as well.

    I’m always skeptical of management, but I’ll tell you, I think Gorton is doing this the right way. Never seen a letter and presser before the deadline. I’ve got faith. It’s been a good run but I’m excited to see this new era.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

  7. #47
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,887
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    I have misgivings about this letter. It seems to be telegraphing punches and does not enhance bargaining positions. Obviously, this means the sale is going to go well beyond the UFAs, which means McD & Zuch.
    Idk, I'm sure teams either know the position we are in anyway or would find out when we start calling around the league shopping our best players. I don't think this changes how other teams will approach us in negotiations.
    __________________________________

  8. #48
    Senior Member Junior Division
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,939
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    Idk, I'm sure teams either know the position we are in anyway or would find out when we start calling around the league shopping our best players. I don't think this changes how other teams will approach us in negotiations.
    26 scouts in the building last night is what Sather said. Teams are circling like sharks. If anything it creates more competition.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

  9. #49
    Senior Member Squirt Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    463
    Rep Power
    8
    I could careless if they lower prices. As a 14 year season ticket holder they have rewarded our loyalty with increase after increase to now dynamic pricing. Well what’s dynamic about this team? Their continued spite for the season ticket holder is going to come back to bite them in the ass now. I had long ago decided to not renew and it had nothing to do with performance. I’ll be expecting the phone calls and emails soon proclaiming their renewed love and appreciation for me. Too late I’ll watch this circus from home

  10. #50
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,887
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    26 scouts in the building last night is what Sather said. Teams are circling like sharks. If anything it creates more competition.
    Didn't show them much did they eh?
    __________________________________

  11. #51
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,887
    Rep Power
    63
    I'm just hoping we don't trade Jesper Fast.
    __________________________________

  12. #52
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    10,020
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    Didn't show them much did they eh?
    Nash scored a goal!!!! A little boost to his trade value

  13. #53
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,278
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    They dont do this for Nash, Grabner, maybe Holden, or Pavelec. Not even for Miller... this is them telling the fans Zuccarello is a goner... he's the only player fans care about that might fit that description.
    The first person I thought of was Lundqvist actually.

    Dude wants to win a cup, we all know that. He only has 3-4 more seasons left and maybe 1-2 of those at a highly competitive level. If we can get a decent return for him I am all for it. Just dont "Leetch" it up please.

  14. #54
    Senior Member Junior Division
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,939
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    I'm just hoping we don't trade Jesper Fast.
    Oh god, what? Fast? Who cares? No one is untouchable.

    I will say, however, if Hank is traded, I'll be shocked and a little sad. They need change for sure but that would make me sad.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

  15. #55
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,887
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Oh god, what? Fast? Who cares? No one is untouchable.

    I will say, however, if Hank is traded, I'll be shocked and a little sad. They need change for sure but that would make me sad.
    but he does it "the right way!"
    __________________________________

  16. #56
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    10,020
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    The first person I thought of was Lundqvist actually.

    Dude wants to win a cup, we all know that. He only has 3-4 more seasons left and maybe 1-2 of those at a highly competitive level. If we can get a decent return for him I am all for it. Just dont "Leetch" it up please.
    Lundqvist said he wants to be part of the process, and even if he wanted to be traded, there really isnt a contending team that could use him.

  17. #57
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,110
    Rep Power
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    I'm just hoping we don't trade Jesper Fast.
    Why? What's the point of keeping him when everyone else is going to be terrible?

    Plus, he'll be a UFA after 19-20.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Junior Division
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,939
    Rep Power
    75
    The most damning thing Gorton said was "we don't have an identity." It's so nice to hear the management be brutally honest for once.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

  19. #59
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,887
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Why? What's the point of keeping him when everyone else is going to be terrible?

    Plus, he'll be a UFA after 19-20.
    cuz I've been tempted to buy a Jesper Fast jersey and that would be a waste if he's traded. In line with my Blair Betts jersey for underappreciated guys
    __________________________________

  20. #60
    Team Win BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23,240
    Rep Power
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Why? What's the point of keeping him when everyone else is going to be terrible?

    Plus, he'll be a UFA after 19-20.

    pffft, these name, Fast, Zibenajad, Skjei. F-that. Trade them all.












    Just not Kreider or Lundqvist!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •