• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brendan Smith Placed on Waivers; Clears; Assigned to HFD

It could be a busy morning in Rangers Town.

Not only did the Rangers re-call defenseman Neal Pionk earlier today, but according to Larry Brooks of the New York Post, veteran defenseman Brendan Smith, who has struggled mightily all season since signing his long-term extension this summer, has been placed on waivers:

Mobile link: https://twitter.com/nyp_brooksie/status/961645973893189633

Read more

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Odd, given he was projected to join the leadership group.

Leaders and assholes have a lot in common. It's just which side of the line. Won't go into it and choose not to believe me. Just saying what I've heard :)

Added: I also find it curious that there were no trade suitors for him, especially this early out from a trade deadline where GM's typically get antsy for extra D help ;)

Leaders and assholes have a lot in common. It's just which side of the line. Won't go into it and choose not to believe me. Just saying what I've heard :)

Added: I also find it curious that there were no trade suitors for him, especially this early out from a trade deadline where GM's typically get antsy for extra D help ;)

Then that's even worse given he'll be going to a rebuilding Pack team who are going to have to suffer his insufferable attitude. At least when Redden was demoted he was a consumate professional.

Why would he be picked up if there were no suitors on the trade market? It's not like he couldn't have been traded for "future considerations".

It was sarcasm, sorry if that didn't come across. I'm trying to articulate that it may be a scenario that they didnt want him around the roster any longer and weren't willing to hold onto him until they could find one.

B/c he has sucked all year AND he has a monstrous contract

Why would he be picked up if there were no suitors on the trade market? It's not like he couldn't have been traded for "future considerations".

Maybe this is some kind of message being sent. Maybe this is something the coach demands. It's definitely very bizarre. I've never heard anything bad about the guy. In fact the opposite was said about him upon his arrival and over the summer.

Something must have happened off ice or with AV. Something stinks here and it's not just his mediocre play. This dude could have been traded. No doubt.

Archived