• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MFK: Miller, Nash, Grabner

josh

Pick 1 to keep  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Pick 1 to keep

I'm justifying it through a long-term lense, knowing Miller can bring back a serious haul to complement the same hauls from Grabner and Nash. Like three firsts, two top prospects, and one or two ancillary picks/prospects.

Draft another Miller with one of them.

I would trade Miller in a heartbeat. I don't think he's ever going to anything close to consistent. I think Grabner would be the one that would offer next year's Rangers more than either of the other so I'll go with him coming back.

Plus, he'd probably be the cheapest.

What has Miller a bottom six guy ever done to justify a haul coming back this way?

What am I missing about what he's done so far in his career?

He's one of the top point-producing 3rd liners in the league. Maybe he can do more given more responsibility?

He can also play wing or center on any line. That's worth something. Plus, he's the youngest of the trio, and, maybe a bit more untapped potential? If we are "rebuilding", maybe give him an extended look in the top 6? I think he could be a great complementary player, just have to find that other guy.

OK agree to disagree, to me he's wildly inconsistent and borderline head case. Toe Blake doesn't make him much more than he's shown. What he's shown again tonight is a guy that mails it in and coasts and for a guy that's been recently benched that's inexcusable.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

OK agree to disagree, to me he's wildly inconsistent and borderline head case. Toe Blake doesn't make him much more than he's shown. What he's shown again tonight is a guy that mails it in and coasts and for a guy that's been recently benched that's inexcusable.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I dont disagree with any of this, and completely understand.

I always complain the Miller only shows up for one month a season!

Money aside, I?d take Nash since he offers more than the other two at both ends of the rink.

Money consideration counts? I?d take Miller IF, and only if he plays wing. That implies we get a C.

While Grabner appears to be the choice based on money, he doesn?t bring that physical play when needed. Miller gives you that.

I would obviously move Miller for the right deal. I saw a Penguins fan on another forum who suggested "JT Miller for Sprong+Gustavsson+Hunwick (cap)+2018 1st+2019 2nd" No doubt we would do it in a heartbeat, and its probably an overpayment the pens won't do, but atleast it means that other fans (and maybe GMs) value Miller a lot higher then some people in here.

I voted keep Miller despite knowing he has shit for brains, and will likely have the worst attitude in the dressing room in times like this.

Why? I don't know.

I'm convinced he'd play better for a different coach. Yeah he's shown signs of stupidity but the guy has fire, and he plays a tough game. That's what you need in a playoff series....a guy that can grind.

Now, I'm not going to pay 4.5 - 5 million a year for a 3rd liner, so yeah, I'd keep him but for at most 3 million a year....(THE MOST!!!!). Anything more than that and see ya!

What has Miller a bottom six guy ever done to justify a haul coming back this way?

What am I missing about what he's done so far in his career?

I'm with ya. He's been mostly mediocre as a Ranger, with a flash or two of hope of being a top six forward. Imo he's been really bad this season. I was hoping he would pick up the the slack of the loss of Kreider and the eventual loss of Nash, but he's been pretty bad. I don't blame it on the shift to center either. He doesn't have wheels this season and is certainly not physical at all. Is he injured?

I deal him for a youngish D man. Probably could have gotten a guy like Vatanan for him. Shit, they probably still can. Go for it. He's not looking good for Jersey.

Archived