Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 110

Thread: Price Set for Nash and Grabner

  1. #81
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Shane Falco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    12,062
    Rep Power
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post


    At this rate they're gonna need to trade just to right the tank!


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Yea, these bums are going to ruin everything with their “inspired” play LOL

    Do something Gorton!

  2. #82
    Senior Member Mite Division Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    6
    Nash's son isn't the only kid who's going to take the trade hard. I watched warmups near the glass last night in MN next to what what was obviously Nash's brother and niece. She had a #61 jersey and a big home made Rangers sign that looked like an involved project. Her dad is the same size as #61 and looks more like Rick than Rick does. Perhaps we could sign him for a lot less than Rick.

  3. #83
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,075
    Rep Power
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Nash's son isn't the only kid who's going to take the trade hard. I watched warmups near the glass last night in MN next to what what was obviously Nash's brother and niece. She had a #61 jersey and a big home made Rangers sign that looked like an involved project. Her dad is the same size as #61 and looks more like Rick than Rick does. Perhaps we could sign him for a lot less than Rick.
    I think fans tend to forget about how difficult getting traded can be on kids and families.

    It's part of the business, so to speak, but I fully get why players want NTCs.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Mite Division Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    6
    I wish that everyone on the board who discusses trades could see Rick's niece's sign.

  5. #85
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    83,166
    Rep Power
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I think fans tend to forget about how difficult getting traded can be on kids and families.

    It's part of the business, so to speak, but I fully get why players want NTCs.
    100%.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  6. #86
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,510
    Rep Power
    218
    Ya know, I just don't feel that sorry for them.

  7. #87
    Team Win BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23,128
    Rep Power
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Ya know, I just don't feel that sorry for them.
    Do you know what it's like for a 3 year old to change babysitters?!?

    "Kinda sucks" - sure

    They get paid enough, and work a few months a year. Not a huge issue in 2018.

  8. #88
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,264
    Rep Power
    73
    They make enough money to keep a babysitter on deck at all times.
    LGR!

  9. #89
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    83,166
    Rep Power
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Ya know, I just don't feel that sorry for them.
    It's not about feeling sorry for them. Just understanding that they're more than chess pieces on a board.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  10. #90
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    83,166
    Rep Power
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    They make enough money to keep a babysitter on deck at all times.
    Spoken like someone who definitely doesn't have kids. They're not dogs. It's not an issue of "coverage". You're talking about life-altering disruption. Pulling them out of school, yanking them away from their friends and everything they know for reasons they can barely understand, let alone rationalize.

    Again, I'm not suggesting not to trade a guy because his kid is gonna take it hard, but that's definitely a factor to at least be cognizant of if you're a human GM.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  11. #91
    Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,054
    Rep Power
    11
    Agreed Phil, hopefully we can persuade Nash to take a hometown discount.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  12. #92
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,264
    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Spoken like someone who definitely doesn't have kids. They're not dogs. It's not an issue of "coverage". You're talking about life-altering disruption. Pulling them out of school, yanking them away from their friends and everything they know for reasons they can barely understand, let alone rationalize.

    Again, I'm not suggesting not to trade a guy because his kid is gonna take it hard, but that's definitely a factor to at least be cognizant of if you're a human GM.
    Spoken like someone who’s not a professional athlete.
    LGR!

  13. #93
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Spoken like someone who definitely doesn't have kids. They're not dogs. It's not an issue of "coverage". You're talking about life-altering disruption. Pulling them out of school, yanking them away from their friends and everything they know for reasons they can barely understand, let alone rationalize.

    Again, I'm not suggesting not to trade a guy because his kid is gonna take it hard, but that's definitely a factor to at least be cognizant of if you're a human GM.
    Why do they have to do any of those things? Daddy's going on a max 6 month business trip. See you on face-time.

  14. #94
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,510
    Rep Power
    218
    Yeah, welcome to my life. For a penny on their dollar.

  15. #95
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    598
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Why do they have to do any of those things? Daddy's going on a max 6 month business trip. See you on face-time.
    Exactly this

    They also don’t seem to have a problem picking up and moving their families when they become a UFA and go to the highest bidder.

  16. #96
    Senior Member Squirt Division Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    13
    I just have a feeling no matter what Gorton gets for these guys, I'm gonna think he could have done better. I'll be shocked and pleasantly surprised if he can do anything that's going to make me happy with the trade deadline results from whatever decision they make this year.

    Short Version: I'm not setting my hopes very high with this team...in any way, shape or form....it just leads to disappointment.

  17. #97
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,075
    Rep Power
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Why do they have to do any of those things? Daddy's going on a max 6 month business trip. See you on face-time.
    You're talking about a rental. In general, guys can be traded with years on their contract. Marian Gaborik just got traded from LA to fucking Ottawa with three years left. If he had kids, they'd have to be uprooted and moved to a different country.

    People don't need to be insensitive on purpose in this context. It sucks for the players and the families when guys get traded. Less as rentals, but it still sucks.

  18. #98
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    You're talking about a rental. In general, guys can be traded with years on their contract. Marian Gaborik just got traded from LA to fucking Ottawa with three years left. If he had kids, they'd have to be uprooted and moved to a different country.

    People don't need to be insensitive on purpose in this context. It sucks for the players and the families when guys get traded. Less as rentals, but it still sucks.
    Insensitive on purpose? If Gaborik had kids in school he'd have the luxury to afford leaving his kids in LA with their mom, in their house, at their school until the year is over. Then they can move during the summer. People move all the time. Kids change schools mid year.

  19. #99
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,075
    Rep Power
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Insensitive on purpose? If Gaborik had kids in school he'd have the luxury to afford leaving his kids in LA with their mom, in their house, at their school until the year is over. Then they can move during the summer. People move all the time. Kids change schools mid year.
    How is it a luxury to just leave your kids? That's hard on kids and I'd imagine hard on a father.

    It sucks for kids who change schools in the middle of the year too.

  20. #100
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Yeah, welcome to my life. For a penny on their dollar.
    Yeah, makes you feel bad for Nash for about a minute, then you see the parents of students lost or injured in Florida. BTW, there is a lot to be said about being very present in your kids lives. If I had to be an absentee parent now, I'd choose a different career.

    Speaking of Nash just getting refocussed on the thread topic...

    One factor not mentioned is for teams strapped for cap like St Louis. They may need the extra time so that more of the Nash's $ is attached to the Rangers. From the time of asking for Nash's list to the deadline, about another million would be the Ranger's responsibility.

    And we shouldn't forget the two top prospects St Louis owns, even though they have no first.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •