Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Formally Request Rick Nash's No-Trade List

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I'm reading that his list includes ALL Canadian teams. LOL. Nobody with a choice wants to live here. Wonder why?
    Well, let's do some thinking. Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa, and Montreal are all not making the playoffs. Calgary is currently out of a playoff spot. That leaves Winnipeg and Toronto. Winnipeg has a rabid fan-base, is cold as fuck, and has no parks.

And Toronto is just a frenzied media market, with a team with huge expectations. Plus, he's from Ontario, so that just makes matters worse. We know how he does under pressure.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Its not even a year. Its 3.5 months tops, if he's lucky enough to land on a team that will go that far.
    He might figure he wants to get the jump on learning the coach, players, system, city. Basically he gets to try out one of his possible destinations and see if it fits.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    How much fun will it be if Nash is taking off the bench tonight because he’s traded mid game

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    He might figure he wants to get the jump on learning the coach, players, system, city. Basically he gets to try out one of his possible destinations and see if it fits.
    Ok. He still isn't forced to be anywhere longer than a few months.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    How much fun will it be if Nash is taking off the bench tonight because he’s traded mid game
    I LOVE when they take guys off during the trade deadline. I watch 3 screens during the last week to see it. And the guy that got pulled last year (Cammalerri?) I missed it!
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

This guy is going to be in the top 5 scorers in the playoffs....watch!
    I've said it before and officially in this thread.

He'll flourish under any other coach but this guy.

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    I agree that Nash is a class act and that he would not purposely name 12 teams that would never trade for him. I also agree that he started off the playoffs extremely well last year and only tailed off when playing injured. As for what it will take to sign him. I'd say four years at $5m per. Rebuild or not, I would pay him $4m per for three, but he won't sign for that, so I think he's gone, and that's all there is to it. And yes, I hope he has a great playoff and wins the Conn Smythe.

I'll be rooting for whatever team he plays for. He's been as classy a player you can ask for.

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    There are still 3 weeks until the trade deadline, so I can't imagine the Rangers rushing into this to quickly as a lot could change until then.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Moderator Junior Division
    He could just switch benches.

He'd be a really good fit in Dallas lol

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post

Weight for Tikkanen Part II.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Weight for Tikkanen Part II.
    No Ranger fan at that time wanted to see the Rangers move Doug Weight. What a surprising and stupid move.

St Louis would be a good fit, but they don't have a first. Is there a kid we should be targeting there instead?

Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    There are still 3 weeks until the trade deadline, so I can't imagine the Rangers rushing into this to quickly as a lot could change until then.
    Imagine if mgmt leaked this to light a fire under the team. It is possible because Columbus hasn't played a good game of hockey for longer than the Rangers, Philly is slumping again, Carolina can't even rally for a new owner and the Isles are defenseless w/o dmen and goalies.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    No Ranger fan at that time wanted to see the Rangers move Doug Weight. What a surprising and stupid move.

St Louis would be a good fit, but they don't have a first. Is there a kid we should be targeting there instead?
    Tage Thompson, Kryou (?), Kostin are top prospects, probably. Barbashev is up with the team now.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Just about to post that josh. It doesn’t have to be a first. I’d also throw Vince Dunn in the mix

Off the top of my head...Robby Fabbri, Klim Kostin.

They could think that Fabbri is a bit expendable since he's been out all year, and Kostin is a strong prospect. Neither alone is enough of a return for Nash, and both is probably wishful thinking, but I'd be all for something like Nash and a 3rd for both.

Elliotte Friedman on Sirius just said the Tampa is far and away front runner for mcd if a deal could be made.

As far as Nash he says Nashville, St. Louis, Dallas, even the kings as the teams that would have high interest

First time in my life I could ever remember the rangers have a legit liquidation sale. It feels weird.

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post

Ha yes, was thinking the same thing. Dallas could probably get some secondary scoring with him. I don't know enough about their lineup, but somewhere in their top 9, surely they could put Ricky. Though, idk if I want to root for Dallas for the rest of the season. I want Vegas or Winnepeg to come out of the West, but really VEGAS WITH A CAPITAL GOLDEN KNIGHT.
    LGR!

Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Ha yes, was thinking the same thing. Dallas could probably get some secondary scoring with him. I don't know enough about their lineup, but somewhere in their top 9, surely they could put Ricky. Though, idk if I want to root for Dallas for the rest of the season. I want Vegas or Winnepeg to come out of the West, but really VEGAS WITH A CAPITAL GOLDEN KNIGHT.
    He fits in their top 6 easy. Roussel - Faksa - Pitlick was their second line I think in their last game.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast