• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

In Wake of Injuries, Rangers Recall F Vinni Lettieri

In speaking with the media following last night's loss to Nashville, Alain Vigneault said he expected another callup, and another callup he got. Following the loss of two more of his roster regulars, the Rangers again re-called forward Vinni Lettieri from the Hartford Wolf Pack:

Mobile link: https://twitter.com/nyrangers/status/960178936842997760

Lettieri was sent back to Hartford ahead of the Rangers' bye week in January, but had since caught the eye of Vigneault:

“He wasn’t going to play right now. I wanted to get Cody [Mc Leod] in,” said Alain Vigneault, referring to the veteran winger claimed off waivers from the Predators. “I wanted him [Lettieri] to play big minutes in Hartford. Saw real good upside. I liked his pursuit ability, I liked his shot, he’s not afraid to shoot it, shoot it from different areas. Got a good young talent there. It’ll take some time to develop, but I liked his potential.”

Read more

Hey Future, Here goes that 10 game rule!!

Well, whatever...I love this freaking kid anyway!! Hopefully we can keep him long term anyway.

I don't know why, but I see a whole lot of Reggie Leach in him. Dude shoots everything!!! Now we just need him to find the net and we'll be all good to go!! Keep shooting Vinny!! No one else on this team does!!!

Well, whatever...I love this freaking kid anyway!! Hopefully we can keep him long term anyway.

I don't know why, but I see a whole lot of Reggie Leach in him. Dude shoots everything!!! Now we just need him to find the net and we'll be all good to go!! Keep shooting Vinny!! No one else on this team does!!!

I believe he's hit two fucking crossbars.

That doesn't apply to Lettieri. He is not a candidate to have his contract slide. Too old.

Yep. I was impressed with Letteri the one time I saw him live this season. He has an absolute cannon of a shot. If the Rangers can insert a few more kids into this lineup in the next few weeks, it'll actually be fun to watch their games again.

Yep. I was impressed with Letteri the one time I saw him live this season. He has an absolute cannon of a shot. If the Rangers can insert a few more kids into this lineup in the next few weeks, it'll actually be fun to watch their games again.

31, yeah man! I love watching the kids as well. With this season pretty much slipping by the wayside, I find myself being more patient and not wanting the Rangers to "go for it". They really just don't have the horses, and it's best to watch and see what we may have for the future.

The minus side to that is that I really don't wanna see them under this regime...but you can't have everything. I keep getting the feeling that they'll learn the wrong things and the wrong way under this marshmallow we have right now. If this guy gets canned, which I don't see happening until possibly season's end, I think I'll be ecstatic!

I agree with Phil's point in the other thread; get the kids in here and put them with a coach that's going to mold them a lot better. This guy had his shot, and I hope he's at the end of his rope.

I love his shoot-first mentality.

The DD goal happens solely because Vinni puts the puck near the net. It wasn't even on net, but he pushed it toward the net on his backhand.

Great play all around including the breakup in the NZ.

100% dead on the money!

The kid's going to be a good one! He played a pretty solid game last night.

It's cool Shane, as much as I love watching this kid play, I really don't want him subjected to playing under our current cupcake coach. Too many teams taking liberties with our players, and I don't wanna see him get banged up. That and I don't want him learning this passive bullshit, pass-first style from this guy.

I love the fact he's a shooter. I can see this kid being a first line sniper down the road. He just needs the right setting, linemates, and instruction from a solid, no-bullshit coach.

It's cool Shane, as much as I love watching this kid play, I really don't want him subjected to playing under our current cupcake coach. Too many teams taking liberties with our players, and I don't wanna see him get banged up. That and I don't want him learning this passive bullshit, pass-first style from this guy.

I love the fact he's a shooter. I can see this kid being a first line sniper down the road. He just needs the right setting, linemates, and instruction from a solid, no-bullshit coach.

He's a first-line sniper if he's complimenting two other legit first liners. He's like Radim Vrbata playing with the Sedins. On his own, not a first-liner, but, with the right guys, can score 30 in that role.

But yea, like 31 said, he needs to hit the net before we have that discussion lol

He's a first-line sniper if he's complimenting two other legit first liners. He's like Radim Vrbata playing with the Sedins. On his own, not a first-liner, but, with the right guys, can score 30 in that role.

But yea, like 31 said, he needs to hit the net before we have that discussion lol

He's not a first liner. Let's let him develop into a complete player and add accuracy to his shot, so he can be a very good 3rd liner.

He needs to play, I'd keep him here at this point. He needs to learn the speed of the pro game, smart positioning, better D, better forecheck, let him develop. He can make his mistakes this year. like they did with some kids in Toronto. Next year it will be Chytil and Lias and maybe our top 5 pick learning on the job.

You know who else needs to play. DeAngelo. He isn't going to get shit out of playing in the A any longer. I'd say his last stint down there was helpful, now he needs to develop here.

Same story, more experience, round out his game, better positioning, blah blah. Let him makes the mistakes now. Kid has skills and speed and a little fire. Play him with Skjei for the rest of the year.

Yeah I'm in no rush to put the cart in front of the horse. The point is the kid's gonna be a good one for us. My balls are the same as everyone else's; they ain't made of crystal, that's for sure!! But I love this kid right from day 1. He's a glimmer of hope in a very dark pool of muck this year!

Archived