Thread: Rangers Inching Close To Signing Ty Ronning

Junior Member ClearedForContact's Avatar

Rangers Inching Close To Signing Ty Ronning

Rick Dhaliwal of Sportsnet 650 in Vancouver reported on Friday that the Rangers are having "good positive talks" with Vancouver Giants forward Ty Ronning.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Ronning has been a man on fire, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little worried about the time frame they are under to get this done. Him walking as a free agent would suck. Given his size, I can't help but draw a parallel between he and Marchessault. Best not to make that mistake twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    What can the discussion even be?

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I'm not too concerned as I still don't think this is a serious NHL prospect.

I would prefer he was signed and given a full chance at the next level but I'm not sold and still view him as a lottery ticket.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post

I would prefer he was signed and given a full chance at the next level but I'm not sold and still view him as a lottery ticket.
    Fuck that, he's got pedigree, fire and desire. He knows hockey, he gonna make it to the NHL. Sign him.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    He reminds me a lot of Christian Thomas. (Pedigree, undersized, lots of junior goals)

He should be signed and moved to the next level but this isn't a guy we should have penciled in for anything two years from now.

He reminds me a lot of Christian Thomas. (Pedigree, undersized, lots of junior goals)

He should be signed and moved to the next level but this isn't a guy we should have penciled in for anything two years from now.
    Oh, you mean Olympian Christian Thomas? Sign me up lol

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I hate the "pedigree" bullshit. It means absolutely nothing. You're not born with hockey DNA. Could be Christian Thomas. Could be Matthew Tkchuck. Who knows. Sign him and find out. But the Rangers always do this "pedigree" nonsense. It doesn't make a difference.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    This. Wouldn't it just be an entry level deal? Not much to discuss there.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Tons to discuss, he'll be a UFA in 4 months and can sign anywhere he wants if he doesn't see a fit with the Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Tons to discuss, he'll be a UFA in 4 months and can sign anywhere he wants if he doesn't see a fit with the Rangers.
    There may be no better team than the Rangers ATM. He won't make most NHL squads next year. He may have a chance here.
    GORTON 2020

Fair enough forgot the UFA aspect.. this has not been my day.

Well yea, but that means there's no discussion to have. He either wants to be a Ranger, or wants to go UFA. I don't think there's a whole big discussion to be had about terms of his contract and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Price and bonus structures.

I believe minimum is still $575K per and maximum is $925K per, but there's the entire business of Schedule A and Schedule B bonuses.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

I was mainly under the impression that wherever he goes heís getting an entry level deal- didnít realize as a UFA he can get whatever he wants more or less.

Well he can't get anything he wants. He's still subject to entry-level rules given it'll be his first NHL contact. But other teams might offer more in bonuses.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division

Inclined to agree with this. I know people get up in arms about prior comparables, since you're always talking about two different players with different skillsets playing at different times in different systems, but it's a sobering reminder for me at least that 05'09" Nigel Dawes had 47 goals and 23 assists in in 56 games and 50 goals and 26 assists in 63 games in his last two seasons with the Kootenay Ice in the WHL, respectively. He then followed it up with 35 goals and 32 assists in 77 games in his first full season with the Wolfpack. Ronning hasn't even shown us he can succeed at the professional level yet. He's got a long way to go before I'm sold, but he's also come a long way since his draft.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Apparently he signed rangers have it official I can't get the link right now

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk