• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Lose Pavel Buchnevich to Upper-Body Injury [Update: Concussion]

Another one bites the dust. Already reeling at 4-6-0 in their last ten games coming into tonight's losing "effort" against the Toronto Maple Leafs, the New York Rangers' suffering appears to have no end in sight. In fact, it's only gotten worse, with Pavel Buchnevich—the team's second-leading scorer (tied)—now ostensibly on the shelf.

Shortly after taking a hit from Leafs defenseman Jake Gardiner in the second period, the 22-year-old would leave the game with the Rangers later announcing he would not return:

Mobile link: https://twitter.com/nyrangers/status/959242148406325250

Read more

Optimistically? If Buch is out long-term, the hope would be to somehow get back to a playoff position with a semi-skeleton crew, then hope the returns of Kreider, Buch, and Shattenkirk served like deadline rentals might.

Realistically? If he's out long-term, sell, sell, sell.

I think it’s time that we all stop hoping for a magical playoff push and run. Let these guys recover and come back 100% next season, specifically Kreider and Shattenkirk. Don’t know the extent of Buchnevich’s injury to comment on when he should return.

I said the same thing in another thread, my man. I agree. This team ain't doing shit this year. Even if they make the playoffs, where are they going????

What are they gonna do, rush this kid back so dick weed can bench him? Fuck it..let him rest for the remainder of the year. Same with CK and Shatty.

I said the same thing in another thread, my man. I agree. This team ain't doing shit this year. Even if they make the playoffs, where are they going????

What are they gonna do, rush this kid back so dick weed can bench him? Fuck it..let him rest for the remainder of the year. Same with CK and Shatty.

Good stuff Ozzy and where are they really going in the playoffs. What one round and we're out what fuck does that do ?

Archived