Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What To Do With Henrik Lundqvist?

Senior Member Midget Division
    You know what? After reading this, I'M IN!!

This rejuvenated my Rangers spirit this season. If this guy can stand the challenge then I have to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    You know what? After reading this, I'M IN!!

This rejuvenated my Rangers spirit this season. If this guy can stand the challenge then I have to support it.
    Blue Kool-Aid? Maybe. But how can you dismiss that drive? That will to succeed? I have to give him that.

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I think he and AV both said it, before the season started.

But Henrik's numbers are better when he gets more starts. He's so dependent on rhythm that he needs to be playing to maintain a high level.
    Its true. I play much better myself when I get a few games in a week rather than one or when we have weeks off.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBoy89 View Post
    Henrik. Fucking. Lundqvist. He will easily go down as my favorite Ranger of all time. The passion and commitment to this team, it's beyond words. Holy hell my man crush grows by the damn day.
    He does have those pretty grey eyes

I feel the time for Lundqvist to leave and get a cup has passed. He could leave to a contender, but at this point, it may be as a back up just to get that ring...and that's not the Lundqvist we know. If he wants to win the cup, you know HE wants to do it. He wants to be the guy making the big save, keeping his team in it, closing out the game. Etc. Not as a back up. And what contender out their thinks that goal tending is their answer? That doesn't seem to be the answer to win the cup anymore.

And the Rangers chance of him allowing a "trade" and them getting something in return has passed as well. No one is going to give up a lot anymore, he hasn't shown that kind of ability to win a cup on his own for 4 series.

So it seems he's content. Maybe just riding out. Why not? So you don't win a cup. He will be remembered as one of the greatest Rangers ever. A cup would have made him a legend, but maybe staying with the team, despite a rebuild, and retiring as a Ranger will do the same thing. How many great players can say that?
    especially playing for New York. Even Leetch ended up getting traded.

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    I am posting this here instead of making a new thread simply because its nothing confirmed. Its more of a "I know a guy who knows a guy" type of scenario. I have my own doubts about believing this one but I am just posting it to spark some more discussion. A friend of mine whom reads several Ranger blogs sent this to me:
    "Henrik will no longer be a Ranger after this season either by agreeing to be traded or retirement. Sergei Bobrovsky and Artemi Panarin are both wanting out of Columbus and want to come to NY and the Rangers will get one of the two. Igor Shetyorkin is not the heir apparent to Henrik as the Ranger FO is not as high on him as some believe. Rangers will sign Bobrovsky as a bridge until Olof Lindbom (Who Rangers FO love) is ready."
    And here is where the whole "friend of a friend of a guy who knows a guy" BS starts...
    Ok … so have to admit I heard this from my friend who speaks regularly to Bobrovsky’s agent who also represent Kravtsov. All of the above came from a conversation my friend had with the agent recently. Bob and Panarin both want out and the Tortorella extension was the "last straw" for them. Take this for what its worth but this is the same friend who told me the Rangers were looking to take Kravtsov at #9 weeks before the draft and it was spot on.
    He then goes on to explain how his buddy ran into Kravtsov and his agent in NYC going to meet with Gorton and asked if the rangers were looking at taking him in the late first round and they said no, at #9.

Again, I see plenty of kinks in the prediction myself, just posting for discussion.

In my view, where does Hank go?
    Lets start with the retirement option. We all know his competitive nature. He can still play. Unless he suffers some career ending injury I don't see him retiring after this season.
    Possibly waiving his NTC? Well, to go where? There is no way he waives it to be sent to CBJ in the trade for Bob to go play for Torts again. So unless this becomes some multiple team deal that sends him elsewhere, I don't see it happening.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    I am posting this here instead of making a new thread simply because its nothing confirmed. Its more of a "I know a guy who knows a guy" type of scenario. I have my own doubts about believing this one but I am just posting it to spark some more discussion. A friend of mine whom reads several Ranger blogs sent this to me:

And here is where the whole "friend of a friend of a guy who knows a guy" BS starts...

He then goes on to explain how his buddy ran into Kravtsov and his agent in NYC going to meet with Gorton and asked if the rangers were looking at taking him in the late first round and they said no, at #9.

Again, I see plenty of kinks in the prediction myself, just posting for discussion.

Lets start with the retirement option. We all know his competitive nature. He can still play. Unless he suffers some career ending injury I don't see him retiring after this season.
    Possibly waiving his NTC? Well, to go where? There is no way he waives it to be sent to CBJ in the trade for Bob to go play for Torts again. So unless this becomes some multiple team deal that sends him elsewhere, I don't see it happening.
    I'm not saying it's BS< just saying Hank isn't gonna retire and leave money on the table. Maybe he'll get gear herpes, like Hossa...

Other thing is that Bob isn't going to just keep the seat warm for another guy to get it in 3-4 years. He's gonna want a max deal and we'll be paying for his declining years.

Last thing is Panarin doesn't make a ton of sense, right now.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie

Sounds like he should stop.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    IF Lundqvist would waive his no trade clause, he would most likely get to choose where he would want to go, so that would mean a potential winner. How many of possible winning teams need a goalie that can afford his cap hit? Leafs, but then they have some of their younger guys that they will need to sign. Minnesota, St. Louis? Very limited where Lundqvist can go if traded. We're stuck with him until he retires, which he will not do unless its injury related.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    as far as a 'friend of a friend' goes, there's always a lot of talk. Most of the hear-say will be the easy, comfortable choices that are easy to say. When its decision time, all that changes.

Also, you won't hear anything from an agent about where a player wants to sign, especially if they are signed by a different team at that time.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Thanks for the post, I remember you posting the info on Kravtsov and there is probably some truth here. Panarin seems to want to play here and the Rangers have decided to be very active with Russian players.

As far as goalies, I'm certain the Rangers are in a wait-and-see mode with all the prospects, as well as how Hank performs this year. Anything could change people's (Hank's) mind including Hank putting up a 2.12 GA versus a 3.62 GA. Or the Rangers winning 35-40+ games or barely 25 this year.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG LONG LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Let's see now. a distant friend of a really distant acquaintance of a nearly close friend actually told me about the existence of the possibility that a long lost friend of a far away relative has inside scoop that the aforementioned info pertaining to the events leading up to the latest supposed quote from the soon to be decorated King of NYC, told me that more data will be forthcoming in the not too distant future as to what will actually occur. Meanwhile, back to reality... Go Rangers!!

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    4 more years at 8.5 per season for Lundy.....somehow we need to shed that if possible next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    4 more years at 8.5 per season for Lundy.....somehow we need to shed that if possible next few years.

Hank has two more years after this season...

Moderator BSBH Prospect

What To Do With Henrik Lundqvist?

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Copy
    For some reason i thought it was 4
    So three more years

I didnít realize hank was the first 100 million dollar goaltender (last two contracts)

Last edited by Puck Head; 09-21-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Copy
    For some reason i thought it was 4
    So three more years

I didnít realize hank will be the first 100 million dollar goaltender (last two contracts)

Edit: Luongo also

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Lundqvist wonít retire, wouldnít that still go against the cap?
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Lundqvist won’t retire, wouldn’t that still go against the cap?
    No. That’s only for 35+ contracts.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    No. Thatís only for 35+ contracts.
    So many rules
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Sensible people don't give up that kind of $. Lundqvist is still a good NHL goalie and at a loss why he would not keep playing

The Tortarella stuff is plausible(players not enjoying his MO) but really, this is not news.It could be every story everyone writes about CBJ . Still doesn't explain all that. And not buying NYR think little of Igor, from everything we have heard since the day he was drafted, though doesn't preclude them liking Linbolm too. So with 2 good young goalies in the pipeline, they will somehow dump Lundqvist and then pivot to Bob also at top cap room $ and Panarin too? That's a lot of moving parts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast