Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Does Islanders News Open Door on Tavares?

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Time is ticking for the Islanders.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    It’s gotta be Islanders or Leafs. The rest of those teams will suck in 4-5 years, and unable to make moves during to cap restraints.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    It’s gotta be Islanders or Leafs. The rest of those teams will suck in 4-5 years, and unable to make moves during to cap restraints.
    I cant see TB sucking in 4-5 years, Stevie Y can work some GM magic, he'll be forced to trade a couple of players but they have a bunch of young players that can step right in along with their youngsters that will just get better.

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    The lack of word may be good for Islanders. If he had informed the Islanders that he is not returning, word would have leaked out. If he is going back to the Islanders, they would be busy working out the small details of the contract and they would probably not announce it until 11:00 tonight, when it is signed and about to be faxed to the league.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    The lack of word may be good for Islanders. If he had informed the Islanders that he is not returning, word would have leaked out. If he is going back to the Islanders, they would be busy working out the small details of the contract and they would probably not announce it until 11:00 tonight, when it is signed and about to be faxed to the league.
    So if he’s not returning, word would have leaked out, but not the other way around? Actually, if he wants the 8 years with the Isles, he has to sign by midnight tonight. So the longer there’s no word, the worse it is for the Isles.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    So if heís not returning, word would have leaked out, but not the other way around? Actually, if he wants the 8 years with the Isles, he has to sign by midnight tonight. So the longer thereís no word, the worse it is for the Isles.
    No he doesn't. He can get the 8 years from NYI at any time. The re-signing team can offer 8, other teams can max 7.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No he doesn't. He can get the 8 years from NYI at any time. The re-signing team can offer 8, other teams can max 7.
    Not according to the NHL writers/insiders. Everyone has been saying that in order to qualify for the eighth year, he must sign tonight. Because he only remains their property until then. If he hits July 1, he is considered a free agent, and can only get seven years. From anyone.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Yeah, seems like today is the 8-year cutoff.

Doesn’t make sense, so I assume that’s the rule #nhl
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Well, it makes technical sense. You own players "rights". Once you become a UFA, your rights are unrestricted, so why should the team you used to play on be given special treatment on the open market? That treatment was their option prior to you making it to market.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Yeah, the fact he didnít sign by end of play last night is seen as a pretty good indication heís heading into free agency.
    Unlucky Lou.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Not according to the NHL writers/insiders. Everyone has been saying that in order to qualify for the eighth year, he must sign tonight. Because he only remains their property until then. If he hits July 1, he is considered a free agent, and can only get seven years. From anyone.
    That's the first time I've ever heard that

CapFriendly confirmed it last night. He can only sign for seven years.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I'm not saying I don't believe it. I'm saying it's the first time I've ever heard it.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    bet you a round of golf
    Where we playin?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Time is ticking for the Islanders.
    BOOM!

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    The hockey gods work in strange ways. Without Tavares and probably de Haan, the Islanders will be well positioned in the Jack Hughes sweepstakes next year, so this may ultimately benefit them. Toronto may end up with a cavalcade of stars but forced to hollow out their roster below that for cap reasons in coming years. We shall see, but it will be nice to see a genuinely bad Islanders squad dragging its sorry tail between the basketball arena in Brooklyn and the AHL rink in Uniondale.

Senior Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Gotta feel a little bit for Trotz. One minute he's cruising in a Maserati, then all of a sudden he's stuck in the right lane in a Ford Focus.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Where we playin?
    what's up man

Fuck toronto

Where we playin?
    Garrison golf course overlooking the hudson river ,got t time there for Wed the 4th at 850 am open slot

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678