• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New Canes Owner, Dundon Inviting Hurricanes Fans to Fill Seats

Phil

New Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon has put a priority on filling the lower level for games, saying it provides a better game atmosphere and hopefully more of a home-ice advantage for the Canes. Add in the suites and there are 12,038 seats to fill.

For Tuesday?s game, those who have seats in the upper deck will be invited to take an assigned a seat in in the lower bowl, or placed in suites if there?s an overflow. That could mean the owner?s suite, if needed, Dundon said.

?I want the lower bowl to be energetic and packed,? Dundon said in an interview. ?It?s obvious it?s sort of a playoff push now.

?We?re going to let the people who want to come down and get a better experience. I think we?re going to run out of tickets so we?re going to have to open up suites ? to make sure we take care of as many people as we can.?

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes/article197386249.html

Don't agree with you, Future.

Watching hockey and cheering in a packed section > watching hockey with no one around.

Well I agree, which is why I said potentially.

But a lot of the lower bowl crowd is different than the 300-level crowd. Completely changes the experience. And going to a Canes game is basically like going to a minor league baseball game. If you're just there to hang out, it's not fun being around serious fans.

Smart move. Unlike cheap ass Karmanos, he is trying to build the brand by getting asses in the seats. Those same people pay for parking, beer and jerseys. If they don't get more consistent attendance, the lower level season ticket holders won't have a team to cheer for in the future.

Canes are a decent goaltender and veteran away from being a consistent playoff team. They need to make the playoffs to bring more excitement around the team. Maybe it becomes the new home of Rick Nash!

Archived