Thread: Indians Will Abandon Chief Wahoo Logo in 2019

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Indians Will Abandon Chief Wahoo Logo in 2019

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    oh man, I feel like this will bring a whole new, positive light to Major League Baseball and bring on a much needed renaissance of team names and logos.

The world is now a better place.

Thank the Lord, and may God Bless You and your families.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Yes, now the healing can truly begin.

Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    pasteurized, homogenized & sanitized "for your protection"
    A very willful boy. A rather.......naughty boy, if I may be so bold.

Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    A very willful boy. A rather.......naughty boy, if I may be so bold.

Jim Thome does not want Chief Wahoo on the cap of his Hall of Fame plaque

There was little question that Jim Thome was going to wear a Cleveland Indians cap on his Hall of Fame plaque. He said today, however, that he does not want the Indians cap he wore for the vast majority of his time in Cleveland to be depicted. Specifically, he does not want Chief Wahoo on his cap. He wants the block-C:

“I know my decision would be to wear the ‘C’ because I think it’s the right thing to do,” Thome said. “I think I need to have a conversation with the Hall of Fame because of all the history and everything involved. I just think that’s the right thing to do.”

Hall of Fame inductees are allowed to voice their preference of the cap for their plaque, but the Hall of Fame gets final say on the matter in order to maintain a semblance of historical accuracy. In the past, that role has been exclusively dedicated to policing the choice of which team’s cap a player who played on multiple teams was wearing in order not to show him wearing a cap of a team for which he only briefly played. I am not aware of an instance in which a player chose to wear an uncommon cap design for a team which, otherwise, would be acceptable on the plaque.
    http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2018/02/02/...f-fame-plaque/
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division

Senior Member Midget Division
    Not being Native American, I can’t really justify my opinion that I think this is stupid. I mean, statistics I’ve seen show that native Americans don’t find these sports logos/names offensive, but who knows?

What I will say, is that Max Kellerman is a complete dweeb. His ongoing fight to get the fighting Irish logo removed is utterly ridiculous. Being married into an Irish family, working with more Irishmen than you can possibly count and growing up in an Italian Irish neighborhood, I can say with out question that the fighting Irish logo is BELOVED by Irish Americans. I’ve seen that logo tattooed on more people than I care to recall, lol. Not to mention to never ending parade of fighting Irish hoodies and tshirts you’ll see on people at local pubs and in any police facility. Max should stop trying to talk for people he has no relationship with.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    The worst part of this situation, regardless of personal feelings, is that the organization sees how this can be disparaging and will remove the logo... after next season.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Josh has it right. If you're going to remove it, remove it immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Josh has it right. If you're going to remove it, remove it immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Too much merch to unload first. Oops!