• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Rangers are Going to Blow it All Up

Shane Falco

Uncle Larry has been reading the boards again :cool:

There is no ambivalence within management. The Blueshirts, we?re told, view the Feb. 26 trade deadline as a unique opportunity to refresh the roster and replenish the organization, regardless of where the club stands in relation to a playoff spot.

The mandate, approved (if not established) in the owner?s suite by Jim Dolan, is to build a Stanley Cup winner rather than to simply extend a seven-year playoff streak that is in jeopardy.

That is the new reality on Broadway after the Rangers? pretty, pretty, pretty good from 2011-12 through 2016-17 just wasn?t quite good enough to win it all.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/26/mcdonagh-nash-zuccarello-rangers-are-ready-to-blow-it-up/

He basically addresses a lot of what's been spoken about here for the past few weeks.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This also says "No. 61, who is believed to have submitted his trade-approval list over the summer," which is in direct opposition to whoever reported that the Rangers haven't asked for it yet yesterday lol.

What a clown show the Rangers' beat is.

Also, he references the Leetch trade, which was a complete disaster for the Rangers. Two prospects, a first- and a second-round pick. They got Maxim Kondratiev, Jarko Immonen, Lauri Korpikoski (24th) and Mike Sauer.

That would be a complete disaster in a trade for either Mac or Zucc.

This is the same guy who said nothing was going on with Stepan hours before he got traded, and then doubled down on his know-nothingness by saying, unequivocally, that the Rangers weren't going to sign Shatty.

Yea, but I'm ready for change

Sign me up

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

:word:

If this is true, then you have to really try to trade Lundqvist. Can't look to win in 2-3 years with an even older Lundqvist trying to backstop a young team. Look at the job that Frederik Andersen is having to do trying to keep the Leafs in it every night.

Doubt it happens at the deadline, but maybe at the draft or right before July 1.

If this is true, then you have to really try to trade Lundqvist. Can't look to win in 2-3 years with an even older Lundqvist trying to backstop a young team. Look at the job that Frederik Andersen is having to do trying to keep the Leafs in it every night.

Doubt it happens at the deadline, but maybe at the draft or right before July 1.

Not necessarily. If Andersson and/or Chytil are ready as soon as next season, and the Rangers parlay this explosion into a top-five pick this year, they'll have added upward of five (or more) first-round picks in two years. Three of which could be available to play at the start of next season. If they break into the top-five, like I'm suggesting, and nab Zadina or Tkachuk, look the fuck out. That is rebuilding on the fly.

Also, he references the Leetch trade, which was a complete disaster for the Rangers. Two prospects, a first- and a second-round pick. They got Maxim Kondratiev, Jarko Immonen, Lauri Korpikoski (24th) and Mike Sauer.

That's not the point. The point is what the return of a 36-year old was, so as to set the stage for what the return on McDonagh might look like. Whiffing on those picks is a secondary issue.

The "Burn it Down" faction needs to review these type of deals from the past and give thought to what the typical result is. The Rangers got nothing for Leetch, although Sauer was off to an excellent start and would probably be around here now but for the injury.

Didn?t the rangers draft Callahan and Dubsinky later in that same draft?

Comes down to this.

Leetch did very little after that and was about done.

It was about gathering as many picks as they could. And he Rangers quickly turned things around with a new generation of players.

I think it?s time to do that again

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That's not the point. The point is what the return of a 36-year old was, so as to set the stage for what the return on McDonagh might look like. Whiffing on those picks is a secondary issue.

I don't care what Larry's point was. I don't even think he had one.

If you're talking about trading a guy for a big return, you should reference one who actually brings something back.

The "Burn it Down" faction needs to review these type of deals from the past and give thought to what the typical result is. The Rangers got nothing for Leetch, although Sauer was off to an excellent start and would probably be around here now but for the injury.

Yea, it's unfortunate for Sauer, he was a good draft pick.

But at the end of the day, if all you get is Sauer for Mac, you've missed badly.

I don't care what Larry's point was. I don't even think he had one.

If you're talking about trading a guy for a big return, you should reference one who actually brings something back.

He did. You just didn't like the result. That's not the same as the return itself not being big. It was. It just didn't end up panning out. But at the time, it was significant.

Yea, it's unfortunate for Sauer, he was a good draft pick.

But at the end of the day, if all you get is Sauer for Mac, you've missed badly.

Yes, but at the end of the day, if the Rangers deal McDonagh for, say, two firsts, a second, and a prospect, that's a solid return. Regardless of whether they fuck those picks up or not.

Yes, but at the end of the day, if the Rangers deal McDonagh for, say, two firsts, a second, and a prospect, that's a solid return. Regardless of whether they fuck those picks up or not.

If you're trading for picks and prospects, you don't know what the return is until like 3 years later. It's potentially a solid return, sure, but you can only grade a trade like that in hindsight. In the moment its no return at all. If you fuck up the picks, then you fucked up the trade.

If you're trading for picks and prospects, you don't know what the return is until like 3 years later. It's potentially a solid return, sure, but you can only grade a trade like that in hindsight. In the moment its no return at all. If you fuck up the picks, then you fucked up the trade.

This is semantic. Yes, that's true, but that doesn't change the fact that at the time of the trade the return was good.

If you buy a home and the equity is through the roof, then a school shooting happens in your town six months later and your property value drops through the floor, those are separate incidents. At the time you bought it, it was a prosperous decision.

This also says "No. 61, who is believed to have submitted his trade-approval list over the summer," which is in direct opposition to whoever reported that the Rangers haven't asked for it yet yesterday lol.

What a clown show the Rangers' beat is.

Yeah. Darren dreger reported it on tsn insider trading. Ever heard of him? He and McKenzie are only the most trusted insiders in the league. That was also four days ago.

If Mike Sauer becomes a top 4 D-and he was on his way- that trade would have worked out. Simply terrible luck on that one. But it is a cautionary tale about how draft picks are far from a sure thing. If you could pry Marmer or Nylander for McD, though, that works. Those guys are finished products.

Not necessarily. If Andersson and/or Chytil are ready as soon as next season, and the Rangers parlay this explosion into a top-five pick this year, they'll have added upward of five (or more) first-round picks in two years. Three of which could be available to play at the start of next season. If they break into the top-five, like I'm suggesting, and nab Zadina or Tkachuk, look the fuck out. That is rebuilding on the fly.

your mouth to god's ear's my friend. I'm all for this.

Archived