Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: AV! His Seat Getting Hot?

Senior Member Squirt Division Ozzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I like his system.. when the guys actually play it.
    Its fast, up-tempo, generate scoring opportunities, counter-punching system

We've been one of the top scoring teams in the league.

The last thing I want to see is the "hockey" Renney brought, or what Torts "5 in the box" defense-only systems.
    I get where you're coming from Josh, but I think what they're playing is pond hockey out there. There is very little puck support and as his record will demonstrate it's not a system that is viable in a playoff series. I know they're not supposedly playing the correct way right now, but their shot totals haven't really been very impressive, considering they're supposed to be a fast break, up tempo offense.

Aside from his "system" though, what do you see in terms of:

Matching lines/getting the most out of our last change at home
    Adjustments to opponent strategies mid game
    Playing "outside the rules"/retaliation/standing up for teammates
    Consistently poor starts to games/Preparation
    Player management (benchings/playing kids & favorites)

These are the things I criticize him for....(actually I kill him for). But sometimes I think I'm missing something because he got here, and they're paying him a ton.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I get where you're coming from Josh, but I think what they're playing is pond hockey out there. There is very little puck support and as his record will demonstrate it's not a system that is viable in a playoff series. I know they're not supposedly playing the correct way right now, but their shot totals haven't really been very impressive, considering they're supposed to be a fast break, up tempo offense.

These are the things I criticize him for....(actually I kill him for). But sometimes I think I'm missing something because he got here, and they're paying him a ton.
    I don't know that I agree with any of these things directly relate to coaching and losing.

The system is designed to have a ton of puck support. The whole point is to give puck carriers, at least in the d-zone, a quick outlet by overflowing the puck side. This is why we used to see Stepan take a short pass on the right boards and spring Kreider streaking up the left.
    He matches lines all the time - see Hayes, Kevin.
    He doesn't adjust more or less than 90% of the coaches in the league. They aren't just going to start playing dump and chase hockey.
    The retaliation thing is a personal preference, not really an indictment of the coach.
    Poor starts are on the players, not the coach. I know some disagree, but they are professional athletes and AV delegates that to the leadership group.
    He's been more than fair in limiting ice time to young players, and been consistent. The whole Buch thing is blown way out of proportion.

The indictment of AV should be that he doesn't get more out of his team than the talent allows for, which puts him on par with almost every coach in the league, perhaps he's more talent dependent than others. For that reason alone, I'd move away from him this offseason, but the rest is just a bunch of minutiae that could be blamed on coaching, players, or a mix of both.

Senior Member Squirt Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Puck support? Did I miss something?

Anyone see the article in the post? Av called hank as the reason for the slide. Are you Fucking kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post

Anyone see the article in the post? Av called hank as the reason for the slide. Are you Fucking kidding me?
    I just read that article and now I can truly say I want this guy out! Hank is the reason this team is not dead last in the league. He is constantly barraged with high quality shots that the skaters give up. AV should them the heavens that he has Hank on this team or he would have been fired years ago. AV is deflecting blame right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I don't know that I agree with any of these things directly relate to coaching and losing.

The system is designed to have a ton of puck support. The whole point is to give puck carriers, at least in the d-zone, a quick outlet by overflowing the puck side. This is why we used to see Stepan take a short pass on the right boards and spring Kreider streaking up the left.
    He matches lines all the time - see Hayes, Kevin.
    He doesn't adjust more or less than 90% of the coaches in the league. They aren't just going to start playing dump and chase hockey.
    The retaliation thing is a personal preference, not really an indictment of the coach.
    Poor starts are on the players, not the coach. I know some disagree, but they are professional athletes and AV delegates that to the leadership group.
    He's been more than fair in limiting ice time to young players, and been consistent. The whole Buch thing is blown way out of proportion.

The indictment of AV should be that he doesn't get more out of his team than the talent allows for, which puts him on par with almost every coach in the league, perhaps he's more talent dependent than others. For that reason alone, I'd move away from him this offseason, but the rest is just a bunch of minutiae that could be blamed on coaching, players, or a mix of both.
    We're going to respectfully disagree on a few of these, Future. We simply just see it differently, that's all.

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post

Most of those complaints are when guys aren't playing the system, though.
    That happens in every system, and most of those issues were much worse under Renney and Tortorelal.

Team Win BSBH Rookie

Maybe at the start of the season?

Is it a Brooks article? If not, please post

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Maybe at the start of the season?

Is it a Brooks article? If not, please post
    Was that when they were contending, destined to win the cup?

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar

yep,my son showed it to me from the post,fuck you AV

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    he will get a couple of wins and get off the hot seat once again

I mean how can that guy really put the blame on hank? He’s the only reason we are not sitting here talking about Dahlin. The fact that that comes out of his mouth is enough to fire him. He really hasn’t seen the gong show of turnovers, high danger chances, odd man rushes, just pathetic zone converse? Or is it just his system that relies on the goalie to be superhuman to have a chance? The media largely gives this guy a pass and it shouldn’t. Being a nice guy means nothing. With that said passing blame and passing it to the guy who has single handedly gave you all your success is pathetic and shows what kind of guy he is.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    AV is clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    I mean how can that guy really put the blame on hank? He’s the only reason we are not sitting here talking about Dahlin. The fact that that comes out of his mouth is enough to fire him. He really hasn’t seen the gong show of turnovers, high danger chances, odd man rushes, just pathetic zone converse? Or is it just his system that relies on the goalie to be superhuman to have a chance? The media largely gives this guy a pass and it shouldn’t. Being a nice guy means nothing. With that said passing blame and passing it to the guy who has single handedly gave you all your success is pathetic and shows what kind of guy he is.
    Between that and saying that this team is playing better than their record indicates, it’s enough to make one think he’s in full denial or straight up looney tunes.

Get this mf out of here.

He basically said that the team was playing better hockey than people think but their goaltending is the reason they haven’t won those games. He has to be dillusional.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Even if you argue that what he said wasn't as bad as it's been made out to be—and that's a viable argument—you simply have to question the timing of it. The Rangers just made a public declaration of a rebuild and Gorton wouldn't give AV a vote of confidence when asked to. Now is the time you choose to criticize your franchise goaltender? Seriously?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division

Link to article - https://nypost.com/2018/02/09/ranger...nsistent-play/
    LGR!

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Fuck this guy. I can't wait until his wart faced candy sucking ass is out of here.

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    It's a hack job of an article, but glad you guys are it up.

....I'm waiting....Impatiently, but it's gotta happen sooner or later!

Please dear Lord,

Forget about starving kids,
    Forget world peace
    Forget the sick and the old

We have a REAL catastrophic situation going on here!

I know you're listening to me this time!! You didn't last year, and you let these brain dead scholars re-sign this chump for 3 more years!
    I told you I wasn't going to like this....and guess what....I was right!!!!

Now can you please fix this crap before I hang myself in the closet watching this shit!!!!!

Thank you,
    Love your favorite prayer buddy,
    Ozzy

(gotta find some entertainment in this somewhere!!!)

Sexxxy beast Pee-Wee Division skunkman's Avatar
    Why is AV still here?

Isn't getting shit canned by our arch enemy enough?
    Hidden Content

The Skunk Has Spoken!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik
    "well, women do have a higher tolerance for pain than skunks"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast