• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brandon Dubinsky Sent Home from Blue Jackets' Road Trip to Deal with Personal Issues

Phil

LAS VEGAS ? Brandon Dubinsky was sent back to Columbus on Tuesday, leaving the Blue Jackets' road trip early to deal with personal issues that have hampered his season and could threaten his career, sources have told The Athletic.

The club would not comment on the report, spokesman Todd Sharrock said, except to say that Dubinsky will be away from the club indefinitely.

It's unclear what may have happened during the Blue Jackets' four-day stay in Las Vegas. The Las Vegas Police Department did not have a police report involving Dubinsky's name.

Dubinsky's agent, Kurt Overhardt, declined to comment via text message when contacted by The Athletic.

It's the second time this season Dubinsky, 31, has been publicly disciplined by the club.

In October, he was stripped of his alternate captain's ?A.? At the time, coach John Tortorella insisted that Dubinsky losing the letter was not a punishment, but rather a reflection of his play.

https://theathletic.com/220381/2018/01/24/brandon-dubinsky-sent-home-from-blue-jackets-road-trip-to-deal-with-personal-issues/

He's just coming off the broken face. Mixing and matching your substances and drink orders is a dangerous mix... not to mention the recently released memoir regarding a certain coach's lack of action and approach to a similar situation in the past.

“Personal issue” and “disciplined by the team” don’t add up. Is the author just assuming it’s team discipline?

Yes. Poor choice of words.

The article says the agent denies disciplinary action, in this case.

I remember seeing Dubi looking cocked a couple of times - once on 24/7 and then once during some player's night thing.

Wonder if he's got some sort of substance problem.

Bingo. Worst kept secret. Same as Galy a local reporter basically blew the lid off it. Then I listened to another Columbus reporter dance around it not being an injury or concussion, but a medical issue of a different type. He said the problem was the real reason the A was stripped and made it seem like Dubi had a relapse or worse. None of it had anything to do with his play. Guys just don't disapear because they had a few bad games.

Blue Jackets: Dubinsky excited to be back after missing 18 games

The veteran center will be in the Blue Jackets? lineup Tuesday night against the Minnesota Wild, coach John Tortorella confirmed after a rare game-day morning skate.

Asked if he expects Dubinsky to play with a chip on his shoulder the rest of this season after a rough first half on and off the ice, Tortorella said:

?He always plays that way. I want Dubi just to play the way we know he can play. The emotion, and some of the energy he brings, I hope it rubs off on some guys that I just don?t think have been consistent with that, as we?ve talked about. But I don?t expect anything different from Dubi. He knows one way to play.?

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20180130/blue-jackets-dubinsky-excited-to-be-back-after-missing-18-games

Archived