• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kevin Shattenkirk Out Indefinitely With Torn Meniscus

Blue Heaven

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:tweet:@NYRangers: Shattenkirk said he's been dealing with the knee injury since late September and into October. He said he tried to play through it but felt he's "come to a point now ... [that] it's the right time to get the surgery."

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaatheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaatheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck?

lol, ask and Shatty answers...

:tweet: @NYRangers: "It's tough. I think thinking about this year, you want everything to go perfectly. I think I've been trying to battle through this for a lot of reasons and when it came down to it ... you have to think about yourself." - @shattdeuces on injury.

More Shattenkirk on injury: "I think this is the first step to get back to where I am and come back and have a meaningful impact on this team down the stretch." #NYR

What is the timeline on such an injury?

Again, really wish the guy grew up an Islander fan. I get why they signed him but he looks like he's on same diet I am, I don't see how this ends well here.

Had my left done, will have my right done probably in April.Depending on how severe or small a tear, could be as little as 8 weeks.Pretty much he can start rehabbing within a few days of surgery once the swelling goes down.

Timing makes sense if they expect to make the playoffs. Get the surgery now, be back in late March, early April. Get a few games in before the playoffs.

And then lose in the first round.

Or simply shut him down and protect the asset knowing this may be a lost year.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Or simply shut him down and protect the asset knowing this may be a lost year.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think there's just no chance they've already decided to be sellers. I guess I could be wrong, but I really doubt it.

More likely is that they're going to look at it as an excuse to embrace the tank if the team struggles, or, if the team still wins some games approaching the deadline, hold assets and look at Kreider and Shatt as your deadline acquisitions.

Archived