• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL Draws Backlash for Kid Rock ASG Nod; Roenick Calls Him “the greatest musician..."

Phil

The NHL created a whole lot of backlash Tuesday with its announcement of Kid Rock as the featured 2nd intermission performer at the upcoming All-Star Game on Feb. 18.

Kid Rock, or Robert James Ritchie, has earned five Grammy nominations and sold over 25 million albums in the U.S., and he does have a new album to promote (Sweet Southern Sugar, released in November). But Ritchie has also garnered a lot of political attention with his endorsement of Donald Trump, his right-wing speeches at concerts, and even his brief flirtation with running for a U.S. Senate seat.

Roenick then talked about his friendship with Ritchie, saying ?When I talk to people about you, I say, ?Kid Rock is the most talented musician, I think ever, on the planet, because you can put any instrument in your hand or on your mouth and you can play anything and rock a house and sing any kind of genre.? Ritchie replied with a self-deprecating ?Jack of all trades, master of none.?

http://thecomeback.com/nhl/nhl-kid-rock-all-star-game-jeremy-roenick.html

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder which previous all star game intermission performer was Hemal Jhaveri's favorite.

I couldnt name a single one. I remember the guy putting the cup down the wrong way, but i thought that was for some other shit.

I've never been a fan of KR music, but for JR to say ‘Kid Rock is the most talented musician, I think ever, on the planet," it is quite obvious he doesn't know shit about music.

lol, very true

But I think he's actually pretty well respected amongst music people. He's been successful, to some degree, in 3 different genres. That's not very common.

Agreed, I'm not a Kid Rock fan but you have to (or try, perhaps) respect what he has done in his career even if his music which has changed over the years isn't to your liking. I could care less if he is a Trump fan. People get bent over anything and everything these days.

Agreed, I'm not a Kid Rock fan but you have to (or try, perhaps) respect what he has done in his career even if his music which has changed over the years isn't to your liking.

I could care less if he is a Trump fan. People get bent over anything and everything these days.

No you don't.

never a huge fan, but I did love the ending of The Shield series premiere with Bawitdaba blasting. (tried to post, removed from youtube) One of my favorite scenes of all time.

He definetely has a few good songs.

Then again, this is coming from a guy that thinks Limp Bizkit has a ton of good songs. :pbjtime:

Because Trump is the least popular first-year president in history, and arguably the most divisive figure in our culture. Outward support of him, like it or not, affects people's perception of you. Especially when you are also an ardent supporter of the Confederate flag, and have made anti-trans overtures on stage.

Archived