Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NHL Draws Backlash for Kid Rock ASG Nod; Roenick Calls Him “the greatest musician..."

Senior Member Junior Division
    As much as I detest Trump and every atom that comprises the buffoon, what the fuck does it matter that he supports him? It's not like he's supporting bestiality or something (although one can argue that isn't too far off).

I keed, I keed (but not really)

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Because Trump is the least popular first-year president in history, and arguably the most divisive figure in our culture. Outward support of him, like it or not, affects people's perception of you. Especially when you are also an ardent supporter of the Confederate flag, and have made anti-trans overtures on stage.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Kid rock is as washed up and trashy as they come. I’m forever amazed by the NHLs ability to market the game to the absolute wrong demographic lol
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

In other words, it's inability to market itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    They'd be better off with convicted felon Snoop Dogg dropping N bombs on the stage.

Now there's an artist I would like my children to look up to.

At least he doesn't support a battle flag from 150 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    They'd be better off with convicted felon Snoop Dogg dropping N bombs on the stage.

Now there's an artist I would like my children to look up to.

At least he doesn't support a battle flag from 150 years ago.
    They actually would. From a marketing perspective, Snoop Dogg is vastly more relevant than Kid Rock, and is vastly more appealing to a wider audience, including minority groups the NHL wants to bring into the fold.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I'll add, Kid Rock is a horrible choice.

Should have went with a country artist, can't go wrong there and they're, frankly, more the NHL demographic.

Yup, or if you're trying to appeal to the region, find an act that's from Tampa or the Tampa area like they did with the Goo Goo Dolls (who are from Buffalo) for the Winter Classic.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    If the game was in Detroit I can see why they would pick KR.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Last edited by paddynyc; 01-20-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Florida Georgia line

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Would have been a significantly better choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Who gives a crap? Does anyone actually watch the all-star game that aren't hockey fans? And if they do, how many people stick around to watch the in-between period act?

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Who gives a crap? Does anyone actually watch the all-star game that aren't hockey fans? And if they do, how many people stick around to watch the in-between period act?
    I havent been paying attention, is there a group trying to protest the NHL because of Kid Rock?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Because Trump is the least popular first-year president in history, and arguably the most divisive figure in our culture. Outward support of him, like it or not, affects people's perception of you. Especially when you are also an ardent supporter of the Confederate flag, and have made anti-trans overtures on stage.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I havent been paying attention, is there a group trying to protest the NHL because of Kid Rock?
    Who knows? People nowadays protest anything and everything if there feelings are hurt or if someone disagrees with their opinion. I'm just responding to this post...I haven't actually heard anything in my day to day life about it but I certainly don't search this kind of news out.

Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Who knows? People nowadays protest anything and everything if there feelings are hurt or if someone disagrees with their opinion. I'm just responding to this post...I haven't actually heard anything in my day to day life about it but I certainly don't search this kind of news out.
    i

if you really want to protest, do what I do which is DON'T GIVE THESE FARGIN ICEHOLES YOUR MONEY
    A very willful boy. A rather.......naughty boy, if I may be so bold.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Kid Rock got f'n booed in his home state when he was the performer for the Pistons inaugural game at Little Caesars Arena.
    Kid Rock is anti-gay, anti LGBQT, ummmmm isnt the NHL the one sports league that promotes the LGBQT movement? A little contradictory there, NHL. His songs demean women, arent we in a new age where that shouldnt really be promoted at this juncture?

As far as the NHL Game, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, waste of time, i'll find something else to do.
    Last edited by Blue Heaven; 01-22-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I am far from a Kid Rock fan, I think his music is terrible, but I don't think it should matter who supports what political candidate. This is not a politic event, its the Allstar game. We can't go around not allowing performers to play because we disagree with their political views. I honestly hate when any musician goes on a political rant, especially at a live show. Its one of the reasons why I have never gone to see Pearl Jam, Im not paying all that money to listen to Eddie Vedders political thoughts.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Kid Rock got f'n booed in his home state when he was the performer for the Pistons inaugural game at Little Caesars Arena.
    Kid Rock is anti-gay, anti LGBQT, ummmmm isnt the NHL the one sports league that promotes the LGBQT movement? A little contradictory there, NHL. His songs demean women, arent we in a new age where that shouldnt really be promoted at this juncture?

As far as the NHL Game, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, waste of time, i'll find something else to do.
    If lyrics mattered then every single equality/injustice protester should turn their attention to rap artists...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast