• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Peter Holland Called Up/Boo Nieves Sent Down to Hartford

ThirtyONE

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good move, Nieves is garbage.

I get what they're trying to do with Nieves but it's best he learns in the AHL.

on the wing, maybe.

I don't mind him, it's not his fault everyone sucks in front of him. No leaders to learn from.

He's 24. He's not going to progress his game enough in the AHL to be an effective NHL player, at this point in his career.

It was certainly forced on them by process of elimination. Which is the staffs fault, anyways.

Who else could it be? With Andersson not looking ready (totally fine, expected) and their desperate attempt to wish cast Chytil as a solution, it fell to Boo.

I bet Nieves will be a 100 game+ NHL guy, but he's not really helping right now, and it can't hurt to have a look at Holland.

This is grasping at straws. Makes little to no difference. Lack of structure and allowing countless grade a scoring chances are the problem. This move does nothing but give people something to discuss other than their horrible play.

Maybe they are trying to raise Hollands stock to sell off for picks at the deadline...

This is grasping at straws. Makes little to no difference. Lack of structure and allowing countless grade a scoring chances are the problem. This move does nothing but give people something to discuss other than their horrible play.

While it makes little to no difference in regard to our current troubles, Holland has 243 games of NHL experience. If he plays well, maybe adds a couple points, he'll have some trade value. Depth forwards are good tp have for playoff teams in case of injury. Even if its only a mid to late round pick, we really have no other use for Holland going forward.

Nieves is not a very good NHL player. Not only does he make a lot of mistakes, but most of them are magnified. At 24 and a forward, he's running out of time to be a regular in a NHL line up. We stink right now, we're hurt, and we need help in the middle. What's the worst that can happen ?

Mikey37, what are you talking about? Nieves has been on the ice for 5 goals against in 28 games. And he?s 4th in plus/minus on the team. You do realize you have to keep the other team from scoring right.

Carey is 29 and a -3 , he has an avg. of .35 pts per game to Nieves? +6 and .32 pts per game.

Oh, and Carey has been on the ice for 15 goals against in 31 games.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Mikey37, what are you talking about? Nieves has been on the ice for 5 goals against in 28 games. And he’s 4th in plus/minus on the team. You do realize you have to keep the other team from scoring right.

Carey is a -3 is avg. .35 pts per game to Nieves’ +6 and .32 pts per game.

Oh, and Carey has been on the ice for 15 goals against in 31 games.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Thank you for pointing that out.

Good move, Nieves is garbage.

I get what they're trying to do with Nieves but it's best he learns in the AHL.

I wouldn't say he's garbage. It's his rookie season, and has been on the fourth line or in the stands. I actually like him and think he bring more than expected to the table. I'd have liked to see him given an offensive role just to see how he does with good wingers. Ah well. I'm interested in seeing Holland.

Archived