Thread: Cranberries Singer Dolores O'Riordan Dies Aged 46

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Cranberries Singer Dolores O'Riordan Dies Aged 46

The Cranberries lead singer Dolores O'Riordan has died in London at the age of 46, her publicist has confirmed.

The Irish musician, originally from Limerick, led the band to international success in the 90s with singles including Linger and Zombie.

A statement from her publicist said: "The lead singer with the Irish band The Cranberries was in London for a short recording session.

"No further details are available at this time."

It added: "Family members are devastated to hear the breaking news and have requested privacy at this very difficult time."
    http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42696376

--

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    Oh man, RIP
    LGR!

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    I was supposed to see the Cranberries last year but got cancelled due to her health

RIP

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Germanic Ranger Junior Division H-Dreamer's Avatar
    Big part of my Teenage years. So sad. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    I was supposed to see the Cranberries last year but got cancelled due to her health

RIP

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by H-Dreamer View Post
    Big part of my Teenage years. So sad. RIP
    Dreams was the song my wife and I walked back down the aisle to after we got married.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    That's a great choice, Phil.

It was also the only decent song on the entire, double length, ill fated, Woodstock '94 album.

Can't take credit. Was the wife's idea. But I'll take it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    RIP.

Too young.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Same.(
    Were you going to the September/2017 show at Terminal 5?
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Mr. Smith and I were going to get tickets, yeah. Then they cancelled the entire tour.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I want a huge fan of The Cranberries, but you can't not love Zombie. So sad to hear of her passing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out it was suicide or an overdose. They said she was bipolar, on meds for her back issues and I think I read someplace that she was recently divorced.

Report: Cranberries’ Singer Dolores O’Riordan Likely Died of an Intentional Drug Over

The Santa Monica Observer, citing a source within the London Police Department, is reporting that O’Riordan died of an overdose of fentanyl, a synthetic opioid that is reportedly 50 times as strong as heroin. Authorities found counterfeit fentanyl by the singer’s bed, and the LPD source noted that suicide was suspected but that a toxicology report would need to be conducted before determining the official cause of death.

O’Riordan suffered from depression and attempted to commit suicide in 2013. and was later diagnosed with bi-polar disorder.
    http://www.metalsucks.net/2018/01/20...drug-overdose/
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens