Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Should Look at Options on UFAs, May Be Willing to Listen on Zucc, McD

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect

Rangers Should Look at Options on UFAs, May Be Willing to Listen on Zucc, McD

Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Everything here makes sense. They're effectively obligated to move their UFAs, especially as they continue to slip on their wild card positioning. Dealing Zuccarello or McDonagh would be sizable, though. Especially the latter.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Squirt Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Hope this isn’t all fluff. This team as is needs change which sucks to say because I’m a fan of many on the roster. But something has to be done.

Senior Member Mite Division Blueshirts1926's Avatar
    Dealing Zuc is a bad idea

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueshirts1926 View Post
    I agree but I think that’s just because I love him so much.
    LGR!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshirts1926 View Post
    Why? He holds tremendous value. If the Rangers can convince another club to give up a first-round talent, or pick and a top prospect, why shouldn't they consider it?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    we need some change ,if it going to help this team in the near future ,i would deal anyone

Senior Member Mite Division Blueshirts1926's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Why? He holds tremendous value. If the Rangers can convince another club to give up a first-round talent, or pick and a top prospect, why shouldn't they consider it?
    I don't think you would get 1st round pick for him but I could be wrong. That means you are dealing your leading scorer of the team for the last 3 of 4 years. plus I see him as one of the few that actually play and hustle. Today was just one of those games.

I really think AV has this teams game plan as to tight on the offense side and if he opened it up they would have to skate or look completely bad and then you can blame the players 100%. It adjustment's that AV does make unkike the head coach as Alabama the completely changed the game plan at 1.2 time down by 10.

With a year left at $4.5M, pacing 60+ points again, he's absolutely with a first-round pick, plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    i am with you Phil,get what ever they can

Montréal no longer makes sense, but I'd try to target a team in must-win mode to pry loose a first-round pick and a top Prospect. Create a bidding war and they can get even more.

Just ring up the GMs on the hot seat and offer them a solution. At market cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Winter's Avatar
    I strongly believe we need to get something for Nash, Grabner and I'd like to see a Zucc trade for an NHL Ready prospect however we will probably go beat the Penguins tonight and these same networks, reporters etc. will be talking about who can the Rangers go get to become a cup contender in their next segment.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I'd think the deal would be more similar to the Brassard deal (player and pick) than the Stepan deal (pick, prospect)

I've mentioned trading McDonagh before. You can get a sizable return.
    Zuccarello, I don't know. That contract. Would need to be a massive overpayment.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Midget Division
    Guys, that clip might as well be a video of us here talking about our opinions. There is not one source, not even a mention of an anonymous source. It is one person's thoughts. Just like our beloved Nash thread with people's thoughts. That is not reporting. That is a talk show, like Ellen or Oprah.

The thread starter (or Phil) should change the headline. The headline should be, "Friedman sees Isles smoke Rangers and now THINKS the Rangers might try to trade UFAs. He also THINKS they'd listen to offers Mac and Zuc too, but he has not heard one thing to substantiate his thoughts."

Not news, let's not treat it as news. It is conversation and rank speculation by hockey talking heads to keep viewers interested.

I know everybody has now forgotten the difference between journalism and reporting versus bullshiting, given we have the ultimate bullshit artist leading the free world. However, let's not lower our standards and suffer fools. We are better than Fox and friends. I mean this is Mac n Zuc we are talking about, not some trivial shit like the FBI, North Korea, the 'good people' saving statues in Charlottesville, net-neutrality, drilling on every east coast state's shoreline, etc.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Guys, that clip might as well be a video of us here talking about our opinions. There is not one source, not even a mention of an anonymous source. It is one person's thoughts. Just like our beloved Nash thread with people's thoughts. That is not reporting. That is a talk show, like Ellen or Oprah.

The thread starter (or Phil) should change the headline. The headline should be, "Friedman sees Isles smoke Rangers and now THINKS the Rangers might try to trade UFAs. He also THINKS they'd listen to offers Mac and Zuc too, but he has not heard one thing to substantiate his thoughts."

Not news, let's not treat it as news. It is conversation and rank speculation by hockey talking heads to keep viewers interested.

I know everybody has now forgotten the difference between journalism and reporting versus bullshiting, given we have the ultimate bullshit artist leading the free world. However, let's not lower our standards and suffer fools. We are better than Fox and friends. I mean this is Mac n Zuc we are talking about, not some trivial shit like the FBI, North Korea, the 'good people' saving statues in Charlottesville, net-neutrality, drilling on every east coast state's shoreline, etc.
    Exactly, its him basically chiming in on the Nash for Picks thread. He "thinks". Yea, no shit. I think they will listen to offers on everyone too. But it all depends on how the next 4 weeks play out.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    So Nashville's 1st in 2018 and a 3rd in 2019 excites you? Excites enough to trade Zuc and throw away competing for the rest of this year, next year and possibly the year after? Cause that is about when we could begin to see a late 2018 first contribute here. That is assuming we make an excellent choice from the remaining prospects.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Exactly, its him basically chiming in on the Nash for Picks thread. He "thinks". Yea, no shit. I think they will listen to offers on everyone too. But it all depends on how the next 4 weeks play out.
    Yeah, this is a problem when people like Friedman and McKenzie start opining a bit - people take it as a rumor they heard or some kind of truth.

Friedman is just giving an opinion here about what he thinks the Rangers should do.

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    So Nashville's 1st in 2018 and a 3rd in 2019 excites you? Excites enough to trade Zuc and throw away competing for the rest of this year, next year and possibly the year after? Cause that is about when we could begin to see a late 2018 first contribute here. That is assuming we make an excellent choice from the remaining prospects.
    In what mathematical world does first-round pick and top prospect equal first-round pick and third-round pick the following season?

Zucc to Nashville? Their first in 2018 and Eeli Tolvanen excites me, yes.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Yeah, this is a problem when people like Friedman and McKenzie start opining a bit - people take it as a rumor they heard or some kind of truth.

Friedman is just giving an opinion here about what he thinks the Rangers should do.
    Their speculation isn't uninformed, though. These are the industry leaders regarding news breaking and insider information. Even when they're opining about what they think will happen, it's A, incredibly informed, and B, probably based on a few connected dots.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast