• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Should Look at Options on UFAs, May Be Willing to Listen on Zucc, McD

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everything here makes sense. They're effectively obligated to move their UFAs, especially as they continue to slip on their wild card positioning. Dealing Zuccarello or McDonagh would be sizable, though. Especially the latter.

Why? He holds tremendous value. If the Rangers can convince another club to give up a first-round talent, or pick and a top prospect, why shouldn't they consider it?

I don't think you would get 1st round pick for him but I could be wrong. That means you are dealing your leading scorer of the team for the last 3 of 4 years. plus I see him as one of the few that actually play and hustle. Today was just one of those games.

I really think AV has this teams game plan as to tight on the offense side and if he opened it up they would have to skate or look completely bad and then you can blame the players 100%. It adjustment's that AV does make unkike the head coach as Alabama the completely changed the game plan at 1.2 time down by 10.

I strongly believe we need to get something for Nash, Grabner and I'd like to see a Zucc trade for an NHL Ready prospect however we will probably go beat the Penguins tonight and these same networks, reporters etc. will be talking about who can the Rangers go get to become a cup contender in their next segment.

I'd think the deal would be more similar to the Brassard deal (player and pick) than the Stepan deal (pick, prospect)

I've mentioned trading McDonagh before. You can get a sizable return.

Zuccarello, I don't know. That contract. Would need to be a massive overpayment.

Yeah. Trade a top line roster player - one of the few that shows some spunk - for an unknown prospect. Maybe even two or three or four or more. Now that REALLY makes sense. How about the players go out and play the game the way they did to get to the NHL! Now, that would really be a novel idea. Hit somebody for example. Shoot the puck, for example. Get angry, for example. The players, at this time, are a microcosm of the coaching staff. The top player on the team, comes off the bench and gives a " pep " talk to the bench in front of thousands of viewers, and the team doesn't respond. The Capt. calls them out over and over; no positive response. Says it all. Don't play physical against the Pens and you have a recipe for disaster. Philly as well.

Guys, that clip might as well be a video of us here talking about our opinions. There is not one source, not even a mention of an anonymous source. It is one person's thoughts. Just like our beloved Nash thread with people's thoughts. That is not reporting. That is a talk show, like Ellen or Oprah.

The thread starter (or Phil) should change the headline. The headline should be, "Friedman sees Isles smoke Rangers and now THINKS the Rangers might try to trade UFAs. He also THINKS they'd listen to offers Mac and Zuc too, but he has not heard one thing to substantiate his thoughts."

Not news, let's not treat it as news. It is conversation and rank speculation by hockey talking heads to keep viewers interested.

I know everybody has now forgotten the difference between journalism and reporting versus bullshiting, given we have the ultimate bullshit artist leading the free world. However, let's not lower our standards and suffer fools. We are better than Fox and friends. I mean this is Mac n Zuc we are talking about, not some trivial shit like the FBI, North Korea, the 'good people' saving statues in Charlottesville, net-neutrality, drilling on every east coast state's shoreline, etc.

Guys, that clip might as well be a video of us here talking about our opinions. There is not one source, not even a mention of an anonymous source. It is one person's thoughts. Just like our beloved Nash thread with people's thoughts. That is not reporting. That is a talk show, like Ellen or Oprah.

The thread starter (or Phil) should change the headline. The headline should be, "Friedman sees Isles smoke Rangers and now THINKS the Rangers might try to trade UFAs. He also THINKS they'd listen to offers Mac and Zuc too, but he has not heard one thing to substantiate his thoughts."

Not news, let's not treat it as news. It is conversation and rank speculation by hockey talking heads to keep viewers interested.

I know everybody has now forgotten the difference between journalism and reporting versus bullshiting, given we have the ultimate bullshit artist leading the free world. However, let's not lower our standards and suffer fools. We are better than Fox and friends. I mean this is Mac n Zuc we are talking about, not some trivial shit like the FBI, North Korea, the 'good people' saving statues in Charlottesville, net-neutrality, drilling on every east coast state's shoreline, etc.

Exactly, its him basically chiming in on the Nash for Picks thread. He "thinks". Yea, no shit. I think they will listen to offers on everyone too. But it all depends on how the next 4 weeks play out.

Why? He holds tremendous value. If the Rangers can convince another club to give up a first-round talent, or pick and a top prospect, why shouldn't they consider it?

So Nashville's 1st in 2018 and a 3rd in 2019 excites you? Excites enough to trade Zuc and throw away competing for the rest of this year, next year and possibly the year after? Cause that is about when we could begin to see a late 2018 first contribute here. That is assuming we make an excellent choice from the remaining prospects.

Exactly, its him basically chiming in on the Nash for Picks thread. He "thinks". Yea, no shit. I think they will listen to offers on everyone too. But it all depends on how the next 4 weeks play out.

Yeah, this is a problem when people like Friedman and McKenzie start opining a bit - people take it as a rumor they heard or some kind of truth.

Friedman is just giving an opinion here about what he thinks the Rangers should do.

So Nashville's 1st in 2018 and a 3rd in 2019 excites you? Excites enough to trade Zuc and throw away competing for the rest of this year, next year and possibly the year after? Cause that is about when we could begin to see a late 2018 first contribute here. That is assuming we make an excellent choice from the remaining prospects.

In what mathematical world does first-round pick and top prospect equal first-round pick and third-round pick the following season?

Zucc to Nashville? Their first in 2018 and Eeli Tolvanen excites me, yes.

Yeah, this is a problem when people like Friedman and McKenzie start opining a bit - people take it as a rumor they heard or some kind of truth.

Friedman is just giving an opinion here about what he thinks the Rangers should do.

Their speculation isn't uninformed, though. These are the industry leaders regarding news breaking and insider information. Even when they're opining about what they think will happen, it's A, incredibly informed, and B, probably based on a few connected dots.

Their speculation isn't uninformed, though. These are the industry leaders regarding news breaking and insider information. Even when they're opining about what they think will happen, it's A, incredibly informed, and B, probably based on a few connected dots.

In my incredibly informed opinion, I think that's wishful thinking. We should be able to separate Friedman the rumor mill from Friedman the TV/HNIC commentator.

But its still just want they think. Maybe Gorton has been making calls already, but you honestly think that if the Rangers win 6 out of the next 7 he's still going to trade everyone?

Archived