Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: [RS] (#43) Rangers vs. New York Islanders // Greiss is Terrible

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    Doesn't seem to be drilling coaches, at all. In fact, saying they're well prepared/geared. Seems like the room is lost/effort isn't there.
    Yes on the players and not the coaches

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Junior Division
    So why did Lundqvist not start today? Didn't have enough time to rest during the 5 day break?

Senior Member Mite Division Progrocker's Avatar
    There's no real accountability for players on this team. No passion, no teamwork, too many party boys and a coach that's lost this team some time ago. Need a shake-up.

Senior Member Squirt Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Coach is a must fire.
    It saddens me to see what has happened to the game I love. In the past getting pasted by your biggest rival at home would result in some passionate physical play to the point of dirty. There wasnít even a pinch, slap, kick, or pull of the hair by these pussies. Even for todayís nhl the rangers are soft. Itís pathetic Iím not sure how they look themselves in the mirror. Iíve been pushing the trade Nash and Grabner idea but I think after todayís lack of pulse and passion it needs to go farther. Open fire sale. We got inventory and itís all for sale. Wouldnít get an argument out of me dealing anyone on the team.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect

[RS] (#43) Rangers vs. New York Islanders // Greiss is Terrible

Fuck.

Wish they would just fire AV, see if the players respond and if they donít (most likely) unloadíem all.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Parsley; 01-13-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar

Ugh.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect

While watching the game today, I kept remembering something Valiquette and Dugay alluded to during an intermission two weeks ago.

They were talking about a moment they kept replaying of Hank and Miller getting in each otherís faces over a play.

They mentioned how that kind of fire is healthy when players are able to get on each otherís cases and communicate. In fact, itís something that should be a part of every team. That kind of passion and fire is good when itís used in a positive manner.

I guess the point Iím getting at is that this team seems way too buddy buddy with each other. Itís cool to be friends and get along on and off the ice, but I would love to see more of that confrontation and accountability. Seeing more players in each otherís faces motivating one another and working through the crap to get the job done.

Real leadership, as has been mentioned many times, is something this team lacks.
    Last edited by Shane Falco; 01-14-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    talking a bout Miller ,he has been a disappointment this season

Member Mite Division Blueshirts1926's Avatar
    Hopefully tomorrow is better. Crosby only has 13 more points then Zuc and for the year he is -11 and Pittsburgh does not want him traded. I think a lot of teams are in the same bind or position as the Rangers based on the standings so who is the first one to make a move? So let's all be Positive and after tomorrow Crosby will be -13 and the Rangers win 5-3. (Sorry it is still Saturday here)

lets not compare Zuc to Crosby

Not comparing just saying Penguins same record and there best player is not at his usual or dominating the league sitting at a -11. The league has a lot of parity and I think it's just going to be tight. Our team has just hit a slump, AV the main leader is lost resulting in the players being lost. Not sure if a portion of them believe in his system anymore. Plus Ruff is the D coach ( correct me if I am wring) he sucks in general as a coach.

i understand what your saying ,but you are talking about Crosby ,who has won quite a few cups and will do anything to win,and will go down as one of the best all time players,not that i am happy about it,fucking Crosby

Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    i understand what your saying ,but you are talking about Crosby ,who has won quite a few cups and will do anything to win,and will go down as one of the best all time players,not that i am happy about it,fucking Crosby
    I agree. I like Zuc as a player and his size makes him a scrappy player but ultimately this team will not win a cup with our leading scorer finishing the year with 59-61 total points. I don't get why Gortin does not see they need for an impact player from the offense side. Shatty was not the guy just trying to shore up the D and for the money he has been average. The obvious is there is turbulence in the club house whether it is Av vs Players, Players vs Players or both. No "team" unity, No "team" desire = average team

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshirts1926 View Post
    I agree. I like Zuc as a player and his size makes him a scrappy player but ultimately this team will not win a cup with our leading scorer finishing the year with 59-61 total points. I don't get why Gortin does not see they need for an impact player from the offense side. Shatty was not the guy just trying to shore up the D and for the money he has been average. The obvious is there is turbulence in the club house whether it is Av vs Players, Players vs Players or both. No "team" unity, No "team" desire = average team
    well said

Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    well said
    Funny thing, was flipping channels on my NHL ticket and caught the last few minutes of the Kings/Ducks ( hate the kings). Guess what, the Kings lost and in there last nine games they have won on 3 and currently on a 3 game slide. They have more points then us. Kopitar in the post game show, Not playing 60 minutes, Not sticking to the game plan/system, Some guys need to step up etc etc. So funny because I heard that earlier today from hmmmm!

This funk we are in is like the flu we need get over it like the Penguins did a few weeks ago, the Kings have the flu like we do. So tonight's game will be a win - LGR!

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueshirts1926 View Post
    I wonder if they really are banking on Tavares.
    Also, I think he might have struck out with Joe Thornton over the summer. There were rumors...

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Tavares? You're kidding, no? He'll sign a lucrative long term deal with the Islanders, imo. Thornton? 38 and slipping. Nope.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    I'd sign Tavares, if possible. No question about it.
    I don't want Thornton, but he's been a target of Rangers management for awhile

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jamsim67's Avatar
    This Rangers team makes it far to easy for the opposition (not just the Isles) to skate out of their own end of the ice. Said it before, they go through funks where they are biggest bunch of pussies, and allow anyone and everyone to push them around. Is it an AV thing? Don't worry about being physical, just try skate past everyone. Can stick check though. I might be rating them a little high when I say they are mediocre. Every Ranger fan who paid for a ticket to yesterday's game, should have got a their money back. The Isles can be dead last, but they always show up to play the Rangers. the Rangers? Not so much. How you play against your crosstown rivals, and fail to show up is beyond me. AV should be feeling the heat!

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.3755155

“We’ve had guys at times playing the way we need to play, but for us to be successful we need everybody buying in. Right now, we don’t want it,” Ryan McDonagh said after the Rangers had what seemed like a longer-than-usual locker-room discussion.
    “Watch your shifts and ask yourself if you’re doing whatever you can to help the team win,” McDonagh said. “Are you leaving your line-mates out to dry? Our goalie? I mean, how many looks are we gonna give them throughout a game? That’s unacceptable.”
    “If we do the same thing, it’s going to be the same result,” McDonagh said. “I hope our guys understand the importance of [Sunday]. It’s a huge game for us and I hope we come ready.”
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast