Thread: ARI Trades Duclair and Clendening to CHI for Panik and Dauphin

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

ARI Trades Duclair and Clendening to CHI for Panik and Dauphin

@PierreVLeBrun: Believe the trade is: Panik and Dauphin for Duclair and Clendening.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    #TradeCentre ALERT: #Coyotes trade F Anthony Duclair and D Adam Clendening to the #Blackhawks* for F Richard Panik and F Laurent Dauphin. #TSNHockey #NHL tsn.ca/1.964611

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Just glad he didn’t land with NYR. #headcase

He’ll thrive in CHI - they’ve got a few playmakers there. 🤬

Moderator Junior Division
    Interesting that they moved Panik for such a question mark. He was a 20-20 guy last year and is only 26.

I bet ARZ will try him in the top 6 like Chicago did last year to see if they can get the same two-way production and, if they can't, they'll flip him at the deadline.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    @SWhyno

#Coyotes GM John Chayka on Anthony Duclair: "It’s gone back for a few years now where the team wasn’t particularly happy with the player and the player wasn’t particularly happy with the team."

Chayka on Duclair: "There's a lot of things that go into a trade. Some of them are readily apparent. You see Anthony play and his speed and skill is obvious to everyone. There's some thing that I think should stay behind closed doors."

--

There's more to Duclair than meets the eye. There's always been a knock on his work ethic and behind-the-scenes issues have been alluded to in pretty much every organization he's been a part of. So while "head case" might be a little strong, there's plenty of issues that stand in the way of Duclair realizing his full potential.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    This goes all the way back to his draft. It's why he fell to the third round.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Well, the speed part is accurate but the skill aspect is pretty overblown.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    @SWhyno

#Coyotes GM John Chayka on Anthony Duclair: "It’s gone back for a few years now where the team wasn’t particularly happy with the player and the player wasn’t particularly happy with the team."

Chayka on Duclair: "There's a lot of things that go into a trade. Some of them are readily apparent. You see Anthony play and his speed and skill is obvious to everyone. There's some thing that I think should stay behind closed doors."

--

There's more to Duclair than meets the eye. There's always been a knock on his work ethic and behind-the-scenes issues have been alluded to in pretty much every organization he's been a part of. So while "head case" might be a little strong, there's plenty of issues that stand in the way of Duclair realizing his full potential.
    Sounds like a head case to me. Who knows maybe going to Chicago in that locker they can straighten him out if not, he'll be back in the the AHL
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Bantam Division
    It's the reason we were willing to give him up. We wanted Yandle for a while. Zona wanted a top prospect + picks. Once mgmt decided they didn't love Duclair's baggage, they reopen conversations about Yandle and Arizona got excited.

Mikey essentially reported the same thing and had reliable sources. This has all been discussed here before. Wish Mikey would expound on the "douchey" rep, but I heard his work ethic sorta sucks, that he doesn't take every practice seriously and such. I'm guessing he says stupid douchey shit while guys are taking their career and team and work seriously.