Thread: Ahead of Bye Week, Rangers Re-assign Vinni Lettieri to Hartford Wolf Pack

Junior Member ClearedForContact's Avatar

Ahead of Bye Week, Rangers Re-assign Vinni Lettieri to Hartford Wolf Pack

With the Rangers' beginning their Collective Bargaining Agreement-mandated bye in which they aren't scheduled to play again until Saturday's tilt against the New York Islanders, Vinni Lettieri has been assigned to the Wolf Pack.

//reported Junior Division
    Question: Is there anything from preventing another call-up? Can they call-up and re-assign as many times as needed?
    LGR!

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Nope. He doesn't require waivers in either direction. This is just housekeeping to keep him playing this week.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    He's good. I'd like him to stay around for the remainder of the season.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    He's good. I'd like him to stay around for the remainder of the season.
    This.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    'Pack have an odd Wednesday game this week.

Senior Member Squirt Division
    I love this kid!!!

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Good offensively, responsible defensively. Good things!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division
    He looks like a keeper. Here's hoping he keeps that intensity/effort once the NHL adrenaline wears off.

Looks unanimous, except I'm not sure where Dunny stands. Dunny, you like the Italian kid?

Senior Member Mite Division Progrocker's Avatar
    I watch him play in Hartford a lot. Kid's got a nose for the net and he hustles.

Hey Prog, how is Graves doing, in your opinion? Pionk?

Lettieri is one of those prospects that has a little of that Zuc factor. Gonna use effort, smarts and energy to get every edge he can. Also tries to attack every aspect of the game, from what I can see. Zuc and Fast approach the game like this. As mentioned in another thread, so does Marchessault. Maybe Lettieri can be a faster developing Marchessault.

Senior Member Mite Division Progrocker's Avatar
    I like Graves. Good size, decent speed and has some grit. Looks better than Tony D. to me and should get some time in the bigs. Pionk's a very good skater, puck handler and has a nice shot. I'd play Gravesie over Brendan Smith right now. Would work out a trade package with Smith and/or Tony D. plus a forward/draft pick for a top notch forward if available. Tambellini and Gilmour show me something too. More of these American league guys should get a shot.
    Last edited by Progrocker; 01-08-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    He looks like a keeper. Here's hoping he keeps that intensity/effort once the NHL adrenaline wears off.

Looks unanimous, except I'm not sure where Dunny stands. Dunny, you like the Italian kid?
    I've always said no hockey team is truly complete without an Italian. Woodbridge, Ontario: Italian hockey capital of the world!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    lol dudes probably pissed he got his time in Vegas with the boys cut down. Have seen him at bars with the Hayes, Vesey, Shattenkirk, Skjei crew so I have to imagine they're taking to him
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    lol dudes probably pissed he got his time in Vegas with the boys cut down. Have seen him at bars with the Hayes, Vesey, Shattenkirk, Skjei crew so I have to imagine they're taking to him
    Which bars the reason I'm asking my son ran into Hayes and Skjei at Houston Hall last year? He said they were both nice and Skjei took a photo of him and Hayes bought him a beer.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I've always said no hockey team is truly complete without an Italian. Woodbridge, Ontario: Italian hockey capital of the world!
    Haha, how ironic, I always said something similar. Even with a lineup filled with drinking Irishmen, no upper northern NJ midnight team is truly complete without a few Italian stoners.

Thankfully Vinni hails from neither Woodbridge, NJ nor Woodbridge, Ont, but the Italian hockey mecca of Excelsior Minnesota. Greats roots stemming directly to another great Italian American (Ontario born), Lou Nanne. The man who put the NHL on the map in Minnesota. Of course Nanne grew up playing hockey in Ontario with his famous Italian buddies, Phil and Tony Esposito, before defecting to be a Gopher.

Remember what a great GM and coach, Vinni's granddad was during the late 70's and 80's. Ranger fans were envious. Also the guy who recognized Craig Patrick and Herb Brooks should run the 1980 squad. Neat that his grandkid is a Ranger.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 01-09-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Progrocker View Post
    I like Graves. Good size, decent speed and has some grit. Looks better than Tony D. to me and should get some time in the bigs. Pionk's a very good skater, puck handler and has a nice shot. I'd play Gravesie over Brendan Smith right now. Would work out a trade package with Smith and/or Tony D. plus a forward/draft pick for a top notch forward if available. Tambellini and Gilmour show me something too. More of these American league guys should get a shot.
    I'm with you, I like Graves. Yet, he needs to be on the left side.

If Staal was as awful as last year, I'd be pining for a call up. I'm not sure if he even needs another full year in the A. His game should translate to the NHL and he could hold his own as a 3rd pairing guy, IMO. His development would accelerate faster in the bigs, at this point.

Unfortunately, AV is the coach. He prefers the vets, nor does he seem to want to teach the kids. Like most NHL coaches, unless they are obvious stars, he wants them handed to him completely ready.

I wish we could see what we have in both, though Pionk may benefit from a full year with the Pack. Graves could be a part of the future here, but guys who will not are blocking him. I have a feeling Dunny still disagrees with me, but if this team goes south this season, I hope he gets some burn in NY.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Which bars the reason I'm asking my son ran into Hayes and Skjei at Houston Hall last year? He said they were both nice and Skjei took a photo of him and Hayes bought him a beer.
    Yea they all hang out in the same area I usually do so it's not uncommon to run into them. They go to Village Tavern and Blue Haven quite a bit, so definitely makes sense that he saw them at Houston Hall
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone