Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rangers Lose Kevin Hayes to Lower-Body Injury

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Points or not, he's been horrible since his return.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    What are the chances the Rangers look for a legit #1 center in the off season? I know for the time being Zibanejad is the defacto #1, but he doesnt fit the bill IMO. Maybe in regards to offensive production at certain times he does but Hayes does a better job being a shutdown center. A top C that doesnít necessarily play against the opposing teams top lines is a problem imo.

I donít know the stats so let me tackle that right now. This is all from the ever so popular eye test.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Sucks that Chytil is at the WJC. Now would be the most perfect time to insert him in as the defacto 2nd line center.

Maybe a Bozak deal now needs to be made? I'd be ok with giving Nieves a look there, but Desharnias is probably going to just get more playing time or Miller jumps to center and they play the shit out of Fast on the bottom two lines.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    What are the chances the Rangers look for a legit #1 center in the off season? I know for the time being Zibanejad is the defacto #1, but he doesnt fit the bill IMO. Maybe in regards to offensive production at certain times he does but Hayes does a better job being a shutdown center. A top C that doesn’t necessarily play against the opposing teams top lines is a problem imo.

I don’t know the stats so let me tackle that right now. This is all from the ever so popular eye test.
    I think there might be 1 upcoming FA that fits the bill...
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Yeah, it's just not the one everyone wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I think there might be 1 upcoming FA that fits the bill...
    I don't want to get my hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yeah, it's just not the one everyone wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    While more assists would be nice, he is, since last year, used in a defensive roll. Starts 59% of his 5 on 5 shifts in the D zone. Taken by far the most D zone faceoffs. Top PK minutes on the team for forwards. If you think Hayes won't be missed because you're only looking at 8 assists you're sorely mistaken. As bad as they are defensively, they'll be even worse without Hayes.
    Completely agree -- looking at Hayes in terms of purely numbers right now is a mistake. Certainly if he can bring back a better player in a combination one has to be open, but he's not the kind of guy you sell.
    He's the kind of player you want when you're in a better position a couple of years from now by which time he should be hitting his stride on all cyclinders.

Look how long it took Jon Audy-Marchessault,(https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2018...-that-got-away )-- we let a bona fide point a game center get away there (we weren't the only ones, though, Columbus and Florida and Tampa did Too), with lousy organizational talent management. hayes is talent in hand and I am convinced there is more upside to come, injuries permitting. of course, I'm the worst jinx when I say these things, but ya gotta have an opinion and that's mine.

This year is looking more problematic by the day. If I'm selling, it's Nash first, not Hayes,
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Senior Member Mite Division Progrocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Of course he'll be missed. There's no one to fill his role - maybe Nieves can? There's no center to call up. They'll probably have to shift Miller back to center.

I'm just saying if people are wondering why the Rangers are mediocre - that's a stat to look at. Our 2nd line center has 17 points on the season. Defensive role or not, you need at lease SOME offense from that position.

Bigger point to me is that Vesey, Hayes and Miller are all the same player - Miller being the most well rounded - do we need all three?
    Think they might be calling up Peter Holland from Hartford.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    He certainly deserves the opportunity (Holland).
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Pack get Chytil back, Holland should be called up. Vastly superior offensive player to Nieves.

Last edited by Progrocker; 01-09-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Agreed, I'd play Holland over Boo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12