• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

CGY, J?gr Working on Exit Talks; Agent Has Been Given Green Light to Talk to Teams

Phil

:tweet: @FriedgeHNIC: From Headlines: CAL/Jagr working on an exit. Jagr deserves to be treated w/respect and agent has permission to talk to other clubs. Nothing materialized yet, but time in CAL is drawing to an end. There is believed to be European interest.

• 2 weeks later...
Brutal as in team's continued to sign him. Even if he's well past his prime, he's the greatest European player to ever play the game. No matter how you slice it, being put on unconditional waivers is a shitty way for a legend to close the curtain on his career. No matter how much he is also to blame for it or not.

Brutal as in team's continued to sign him. Even if he's well past his prime, he's the greatest European player to ever play the game. No matter how you slice it, being put on unconditional waivers is a shitty way for a legend to close the curtain on his career. No matter how much he is also to blame for it or not.

This is a business though. The team can't nor should they keep him around just because of who he is. He was either injured or couldn't keep up. What would have been the point of him riding pine or in the press box?

I know. I'm speaking to the emotional state of what's happening. It just sucks to see someone as integral to the NHL's history as Jagr is/was go out like this.

I agree. If anything he should have retired last year. If he can continue on playing in Europe though, more power to him.

Archived