Thread: CGY, Jágr Working on Exit Talks; Agent Has Been Given Green Light to Talk to Teams

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

CGY, Jágr Working on Exit Talks; Agent Has Been Given Green Light to Talk to Teams

@FriedgeHNIC: From Headlines: CAL/Jagr working on an exit. Jagr deserves to be treated w/respect and agent has permission to talk to other clubs. Nothing materialized yet, but time in CAL is drawing to an end. There is believed to be European interest.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Retire. You're done, man.

Never. I hope he plays in a wheelchair. He'd probably still score 20 goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    Twitter reporting he retired.

Looks like false alarm. People freaked out over nothing

Who is "Twitter"? Sounds like bunk to me.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    1 goal in 22 games... think it might be safe to say he's done at this point

Guy is a freaking legend though

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Just not a good fit in CGY. The guy can still be productive elsewhere.

Junior Member BlueShirtsEnforcer's Avatar
    Hell no he shouldn’t retire. He’s still got more left in the tank, he just needs a better opportunity. Truly hope he gets it and goes out with a bang!

Team Win BSBH Rookie

Senior Member Midget Division
    :in Kanye voice: yo, imma let you finish, Jaromir Jagr had one of the greatest careers of ALL TIME!

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Jaromir Jagr on unconditional waivers to pave way for contract termination to allow him to pursue career options in Europe.

--

Brutal way for his legendary career to end.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    "brutal" as in still played 5 seasons after he was done?

Brutal as in team's continued to sign him. Even if he's well past his prime, he's the greatest European player to ever play the game. No matter how you slice it, being put on unconditional waivers is a shitty way for a legend to close the curtain on his career. No matter how much he is also to blame for it or not.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Brutal as in team's continued to sign him. Even if he's well past his prime, he's the greatest European player to ever play the game. No matter how you slice it, being put on unconditional waivers is a shitty way for a legend to close the curtain on his career. No matter how much he is also to blame for it or not.
    This is a business though. The team can't nor should they keep him around just because of who he is. He was either injured or couldn't keep up. What would have been the point of him riding pine or in the press box?

I know. I'm speaking to the emotional state of what's happening. It just sucks to see someone as integral to the NHL's history as Jagr is/was go out like this.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I know. I'm speaking to the emotional state of what's happening. It just sucks to see someone as integral to the NHL's history as Jagr is/was go out like this.
    I agree. If anything he should have retired last year. If he can continue on playing in Europe though, more power to him.

Deleted Midget Division
    If you commit to tanking, sign him and cash in on the farewell tour.

Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    If you commit to tanking, sign him and cash in on the farewell tour.
    Cody McLeod is saving the season. No chance.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens