Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Nash for Picks in the 2018 Draft?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Oh, sorry. I was busy doing stuff.

The decision to trade Nash and Grabner is going to be made based on the standings in about 4 weeks. If all we add between right now and next season is a few extra draft picks the team will be even worse for the foreseeable future.
    How about adding nothing but losing Nash and Grabner?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    How about adding nothing but losing Nash and Grabner?
    Great, that means we're playing playoff hockey.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Hard to believe 14 regulation wins in 43 games.
    Wow !!!! That is pretty bad

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Elliot Friedman just reported on hockey night in Canada that not only would the rangers consider trading all of their ufas but that they’d listen to offers for zucc and mcd.
    Weird how never is history this has happened. Clowns

I guess suggesting McD wasn’t so absurd after all.

Nope. What do we know? All silent from the resident milburys
    Last edited by Fatfrancesa; 01-13-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Nash for Picks in the 2018 Draft?

We all have our opinions, no need hammer others opinions or call them clowns just because they may not match yours. Josh and LLTK are bright guys.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Elliot Friedman just reported on hockey night in Canada that not only would the rangers consider trading all of their ufas but that they’d listen to offers for zucc and mcd.
    Weird how never is history this has happened. Clowns
    Why not if true then Gorton seems to have the pulse of this team

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    We all have our opinions, no need hammer others opinions or call them clowns just because they may not match yours. Josh and LLTK are bright guys.
    That’s fine. But they have no problem being nasty towards my opinion. Pull my head out of my ass and so on. I have no problem with somebody having a different opinion but when you’re being ridiculed by multiple posters more belligerent than the next it’s hard not to respond in kind. Especially less then 24 hours in having these discussions my opinion at the very least is proven reasonable by actual hockey insiders.

Deleted Midget Division
    That’s fine. But they have no problem being nasty towards my opinion. Pull my head out of my ass and so on. I have no problem with somebody having a different opinion but when you’re being ridiculed by multiple posters more belligerent than the next it’s hard not to respond in kind. Especially less then 24 hours in having these discussions my opinion at the very least is proven reasonable by actual hockey insiders.
    Biggest issue with this board. I love the people who run it and some of the community, but I've had to pull back my involvement due to some of the "argument for the sake of argument" ... arguing. With that said, curb your involvement yourself, message a mod, or keep it moving. Not worth derailing a thread.

Fair enough. I’m passionate just like anybody else who decides to waste their time posting about a sports team. Ufas get traded every year at the deadline. Usually it’s the rangers in on the buying. I post they should sell and it’s pessimism and trade the whole team and pull your head out of your ass. Or even better my paragraph structure. Seriously?

That said I’ll pull back.

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    maybe we need to step back how many times we repeat our selves ,but there is alot of truth to what franny is saying,i have seen it from the rangers too many times

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Nope. What do we know? All silent from the resident milburys
    I've always said I'd make a move to upgrade the team. And I also said I didn't want to trade away players for shit picks if we were in a playoff spot. It's not hard to understand. You keep putting words in my mouth to extend the discussion.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    One gives their opinion and if it doesn't agree with another's, that person is ridiculed, demeaned, abased or cursed at and then if the first person responds in kind, or frequently not even in kind, the infraction/warning button is pushed. It would not happen face to face; only on a message board where anonymity prevails. It all makes sense being that everyone on here appears to be a NYR fan.
    Incorrect. When your opinion is disagreed with, provided the objection is about the topic, and not the user, it's left to its own devices to be as fleshed out as both parties are willing to go.

When either party, or both, venture into the territory of insulting one another, warnings and infractions tend to follow.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Fair enough. I’m passionate just like anybody else who decides to waste their time posting about a sports team. Ufas get traded every year at the deadline. Usually it’s the rangers in on the buying. I post they should sell and it’s pessimism and trade the whole team and pull your head out of your ass. Or even better my paragraph structure. Seriously?

That said I’ll pull back.
    Dude, i don't give 2 fucks about your paragraph structure, sentence structure, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, or your use of there, their and they're. When your posts are a brick of 15+ straight lines of text its difficult and annoying to read. Just throw some spaces in there so its easier on the eyes. A)

2) Sorry if, pessimism offends you, but again its literal definition is to believe the worst will happen or have no hope in the future. That was pretty much the theme of your posts, which is fine. You want to see some changes. Cool. It's still a pessimistic view of things. As opposed to the optimistic view, that if get into the playoffs anything can happen. Both are fine. Neither is offensive.

The whole argument isn't about buying or selling. Its about when one of the two will happen...

swamped Midget Division
    Dude, i don't give 2 fucks about your paragraph structure, sentence structure, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, or your use of there, their and they're. When your posts are a brick of 15+ straight lines of text its difficult and annoying to read. Just throw some spaces in there so its easier on the eyes. A)

2) Sorry if, pessimism offends you, but again its literal definition is to believe the worst will happen or have no hope in the future. That was pretty much the theme of your posts, which is fine. You want to see some changes. Cool. It's still a pessimistic view of things. As opposed to the optimistic view, that if get into the playoffs anything can happen. Both are fine. Neither is offensive.

The whole argument isn't about buying or selling. Its about when one of the two will happen...
    This is the crux of the issue, this is not the way to build a consistent cup contender. I'd rather give up a couple of seasons as a wild card team with long shots at the cup, and miss the playoffs for a couple of years if it means rebuilding the team and giving us a much better chance at winning the cup in the future. It's the difference in managing year-to-year (like the Rangers) vs other franchises that have a long term plan.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    This is the crux of the issue, this is not the way to build a consistent cup contender. I'd rather give up a couple of seasons as a wild card team with long shots at the cup, and miss the playoffs for a couple of years if it means rebuilding the team and giving us a much better chance at winning the cup in the future. It's the difference in managing year-to-year (like the Rangers) vs other franchises that have a long term plan.
    This is what my entire argument has been based on. In my opinion, the bolded part here is a pipe dream. I've listed examples of how many teams now: Pitt, Chi, LA, Florida, Buff, ATL/Winn, Arizona, etc. It wasn't missing the playoffs for a couple of years. They were the worst teams in the league for extended periods of time. Multiple, as in 7-10+, top ten picks and the only thing that saved the teams that turned it around and won cups is being shitty and lucky enough to get a top 3 pick in a year with a generational talent.

Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Incorrect? Not hardly, imho. Moderators have unbridled power and use it at their own discretion. There have been many instances on this and other boards where posts have been removed, posters reprimanded and infractions/warnings given for trivial reasons.

Unfortunately, my original statement rings true.
    Yeah? Show me the evidence.

You'd think, you know, considering I run the board, that I know how it operates. Especially regarding discipline. But apparently not.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

This is what my entire argument has been based on. In my opinion, the bolded part here is a pipe dream. I've listed examples of how many teams now: Pitt, Chi, LA, Florida, Buff, ATL/Winn, Arizona, etc. It wasn't missing the playoffs for a couple of years. They were the worst teams in the league for extended periods of time. Multiple, as in 7-10+, top ten picks and the only thing that saved the teams that turned it around and won cups is being shitty and lucky enough to get a top 3 pick in a year with a generational talent.
    Which do you think is of more value to the chance of the Rangers winning a Stanley Cup in the near future — holding onto UFAs like Grabner, Nash, etc. plus keeping McDonagh and Zuccarello, or "judiciously selling" among the group for a myriad of high-level prospects and first-round picks?
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

swamped Midget Division
    Having a generational talent sure helps but having a good young core is essential to be a consistent contender. Chicago is more than Kane, and Pittsburgh is more than Crosby. The Rangers have a tendency to acquire the shiniest past-peak name, instead of building a young core. I'd advocate the approach Phil suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Which do you think is of more value to the chance of the Rangers winning a Stanley Cup in the near future — holding onto UFAs like Grabner, Nash, etc. plus keeping McDonagh and Zuccarello, or "judiciously selling" among the group for a myriad of high-level prospects and first-round picks?
    because our young core of Miller, Zibanejad, Hayes, Vesey, etc isn't good enough (IMO) to be a consistent Cup contender - we need more talent in our top 6 to boost our existing core. And instead of grabbing a temporary past-prime fix for a year or two, we should be looking to get Top 6 players before their prime.

We need to move beyond the strategy of hoping that Lundqvist is the best player on the ice for 4 consecutive rounds of the playoffs - he's 36 years old and 2011-2013 Lundqvist is gone forever. Having the goalie as the best player on the ice hasn't worked for very many teams - Buffalo with Hasek, Montreal with Roy and now Price, LA with Quick. We need to get younger and more talented in our top 6, and if that means sacrificing Nash, Zuccarello, and or McDonagh, that's the price I'm willing to pay.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast