Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 482

Thread: Nash for Picks in the 2018 Draft?

  1. #161
    List Maker BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22,602
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    General question. Pray tell. What " picks " will Na$h or Grabner actually bring?
    Maybe Nash can get you a late first (probably next year) with another pick or prospect.
    Grabner might get you a 2nd. More likely a later pick and a "change of scenery" prospect

  2. #162
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,389
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    I donít see why itís so farfetched to want to trade Nash or anyone else with an expiring contract for prospects or picks if you believe the team isnít good enough to win the whole thing. It was already said that top heavy seems to win, how else do you get there?

    I personally donít feel they are near close, if they do happen to make their way in the playoffs, I donít see them getting out of the first round. Especially with their blue line, lacking a good centerman and powerplay. But thatís me, heck I would even entertain offers for McD at this point.
    Now we're trading our #1 d-man/captain while we're in playoff position? Talk about giving up on your team. The remaining players would mutiny.

    If they fall out of the playoff picture over the next month then sure, anything is possible. All offers are on the table, although we'd probably get a better return trading McD and Zucc prior to the draft instead of at the deadline.

    But....

    Its just as likely we find ourselves in 2nd place in the division by the end of the month so we'll have to wait and see.

  3. #163
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Now we're trading our #1 d-man/captain while we're in playoff position? Talk about giving up on your team. The remaining players would mutiny.

    If they fall out of the playoff picture over the next month then sure, anything is possible. All offers are on the table, although we'd probably get a better return trading McD and Zucc prior to the draft instead of at the deadline.

    But....

    Its just as likely we find ourselves in 2nd place in the division by the end of the month so we'll have to wait and see.
    Again, whatís wrong with rebuilding? Trading McD has been brought up multiple times and isnít so outlandish as you may think. The only reason this team is where it is, is because of the goaltender, who btw will be 36 in about a month and a half. The roster has major flaws that wonít be easily corrected through free agency in a cap world. In my opinion, the window has closed and itís time to start over. Unfortunately you canít trade Lundqvistís contract, so you start rebuilding with the next best thing - McD, who also isnít getting younger, thereís already a ton of miles and some injuries on those skates.

  4. #164
    Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    1,289
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Maybe Nash can get you a late first (probably next year) with another pick or prospect.
    Grabner might get you a 2nd. More likely a later pick and a "change of scenery" prospect
    So, the NYR give up 2 roster players for a potential might or maybe? I'm surely not a fan of Na$h but giving either away for a potential, who knows what, is foolish, imo.

  5. #165
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    So, the NYR give up 2 roster players for a potential might or maybe? I'm surely not a fan of Na$h but giving either away for a potential, who knows what, is foolish, imo.
    Itís only foolish depending on what someoneís outlook may be for the current state of the team.

  6. #166
    Senior Member Squirt Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    261
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    I donít see why itís so farfetched to want to trade Nash or anyone else with an expiring contract for prospects or picks if you believe the team isnít good enough to win the whole thing. It was already said that top heavy seems to win, how else do you get there?

    I personally donít feel they are near close, if they do happen to make their way in the playoffs, I donít see them getting out of the first round. Especially with their blue line, lacking a good centerman and powerplay. But thatís me, heck I would even entertain offers for McD at this point.
    Exactly my point.

  7. #167
    Senior Member Squirt Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    261
    Rep Power
    6
    I think it’s more foolish to let him walk for nothing. You don’t agree fine. But the responses to this is like you’d be tearing it all down. He’s gone anyway at the end of the season anyway. What is so crazy or pessimistic about that?

  8. #168
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,389
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Again, what’s wrong with rebuilding? Trading McD has been brought up multiple times and isn’t so outlandish as you may think. The only reason this team is where it is, is because of the goaltender, who btw will be 36 in about a month and a half. The roster has major flaws that won’t be easily corrected through free agency in a cap world. In my opinion, the window has closed and it’s time to start over. Unfortunately you can’t trade Lundqvist’s contract, so you start rebuilding with the next best thing - McD, who also isn’t getting younger, there’s already a ton of miles and some injuries on those skates.
    There's nothing wrong with rebuilding. You just don't do it in the middle of the season, when you're in the playoffs.

    Why does Hank's age still get brought up? He's been the best goalie in the league since pretty much the middle of October.

    With the UFA contracts gone, they will have the money to try and sign Tavares (bonafide super star #1 center). If they can and choose to clear more salary from Smith and Staal, they also have the money to sign John Carlson (bonafide top pairing RHD). Two glaring holes filled through free agency in a cap world. They're both still under 30. (Doing so would also mean trading Hayes for those that want to add more to the prospect pool.)

  9. #169
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,389
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I think itís more foolish to let him walk for nothing. You donít agree fine. But the responses to this is like youíd be tearing it all down. Heís gone anyway at the end of the season anyway. What is so crazy or pessimistic about that?
    Pessimistic: tending to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen.

    You've stated multiple times that the team sucks and won't get out of the first round. Pretty much fits the definition of pessimistic to a T.

  10. #170
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    16

    Nash for Picks in the 2018 Draft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Pessimistic: tending to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen.

    You've stated multiple times that the team sucks and won't get out of the first round. Pretty much fits the definition of pessimistic to a T.
    Realist: a person who accepts a situation as it is and is prepared to deal with it accordingly

    Edit: sorry, I thought this post was directed at me
    Last edited by Rangers4Life; 01-12-2018 at 03:33 PM.

  11. #171
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,389
    Rep Power
    39
    Accepts the situation as is? The season is only half over, you're expecting nothing to change over the next 6 weeks leading up to the deadline, which is...what's the word...unrealistic.

  12. #172
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,887
    Rep Power
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Realist: a person who accepts a situation as it is and is prepared to deal with it accordingly
    The Rangers are currently in playoff position with an 8-6-1 record against current Eastern playoff teams. So, being realistic, we should think that the Rangers are capable of having some playoff success.

  13. #173
    List Maker BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22,602
    Rep Power
    198
    buy buy buy!!!

  14. #174
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    There's nothing wrong with rebuilding. You just don't do it in the middle of the season, when you're in the playoffs.

    Why does Hank's age still get brought up? He's been the best goalie in the league since pretty much the middle of October.

    With the UFA contracts gone, they will have the money to try and sign Tavares (bonafide super star #1 center). If they can and choose to clear more salary from Smith and Staal, they also have the money to sign John Carlson (bonafide top pairing RHD). Two glaring holes filled through free agency in a cap world. They're both still under 30. (Doing so would also mean trading Hayes for those that want to add more to the prospect pool.)
    My point about Lundqvist is that heís the only reason we are at this point but with his age, history shows that players decline with age, as good as heís been this year, the decline will begin shortly, in my opinion. Only Tom Brady seems to defy the age aspect.

    As for your scenario, although I think itís a stretch, Iíll bite, but again we are talking about next season. Do we agree this team is not a true contender as its currently constructed? If the contracts are going to be gone anyway, why not try to get something for them this year before losing for absolutely nothing.

  15. #175
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    The Rangers are currently in playoff position with an 8-6-1 record against current Eastern playoff teams. So, being realistic, we should think that the Rangers are capable of having some playoff success.
    Some being the key word. That leads me to believe that even you arenít sold on them being a true contender.

  16. #176
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,389
    Rep Power
    39
    No we do not agree. The goal is to get into the playoffs. Did anyone expect Ottawa to make it to double overtime in game 7 of the conference finals last year? Good thing they didn't give up in the middle of the season.

    You think the leafs should trade JVR and Bozak because Tampa is sooooo scary so they should give up too?

  17. #177
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    16

    Nash for Picks in the 2018 Draft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    No we do not agree. The goal is to get into the playoffs. Did anyone expect Ottawa to make it to double overtime in game 7 of the conference finals last year? Good thing they didn't give up in the middle of the season.

    You think the leafs should trade JVR and Bozak because Tamps is sooooo scary so they should give up too?
    If youíre banking on a defensive system and luck to get you there, have at it. Thereís a reason they are where they are now, just 1 year later. And bringing up the Leafs pretty much ends the discussion for me, apples to oranges.

  18. #178
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,887
    Rep Power
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Some being the key word. That leads me to believe that even you aren’t sold on them being a true contender.
    Sure they are, as much as any team in the East other than Tampa.

  19. #179
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,887
    Rep Power
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    If you’re banking on a defensive system and luck to get you there, have at it. There’s a reason they are where they are now, just 1 year later. And bringing up the Leafs pretty much ends the discussion for me, apples to oranges.
    You're banking on getting lucky in the draft to maybe get to the playoffs years from now.

  20. #180
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,389
    Rep Power
    39
    Apples to oranges? The Leafs don't have their own issues? They can't keep the puck out of their net and have only managed to earn 4 more points while playing 3 more games than the non-contender Rangers.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •