Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Nash for Picks in the 2018 Draft?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Yeah let's have a team full of Miller's. That 1 goal in the playoffs is a definite way to go about winning. You're not winning shit with a ton of mediocre home growns. You are seriously down playing the role a player like Nash has on this team.
    My point was not that but that Miller was not a high first round pick and neither was skeij. While neither are generational talents both are very nice players.
    Nash has 17 points in 42 games right now. He’s down playing his own role

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Columbus lost yet again. Let's still throw in towel though.

#pessimistforever

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    No I take everything back. Of course now that Columbus lost last night the cup is ours.

The thing that seems displaced here is that you claim it's a definite this team can't be a contender.

IMO, I think they have as good a chance as any at this time. It's a season where it's really up in the air. There isn't any team that is standing out and looks unbeatable.

This really all depends on how they are playing around the trade deadline. I'm not against trading Nash and Grabner or 80% of this roster if they don't look better and when the decision has to be made. I'd like to see a change at center for that 2nd line, if not a upgrade on the 1st line. I'm fine with dealing Miller, Hayes, Holden, and at this point Smith in any kind of package not including Skjei, Chytil or a first for said type of player.

I think if they give up and deal Nash and Grabner, why not deal anything else of value that isn't an impact player?
    They aren’t a contender. If you really can’t see why or are purposely looking away as to why then that’s ok. I also believe in everyone hearts of hearts her at least those who know what they are watching don’t believe this team can win without an absolute miracle. They just don’t like reading it.
    The problem with what you want to add is that how are you adding those kinds of players? A second line center, who? At what cost? A top line player? Again more of the same. They aren’t available and if they are there is going to be a bidding war and again which has already been discussed. The rangers really don’t have a surplus of “worthless” prospects in which to deal from.
    Trading Holden or Smith is taking out your garbage you pay people to pick up your garbage.
    So here are the rangers sitting here with two players that will be two of the top trade deadline targets. They will fetch a great return for all the reasons people on here don’t want to deal them. They are ufas at seasons end.

Columbus lost last night do never mind get the parade going already
    Last edited by Fatfrancesa; 01-13-2018 at 04:14 AM.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Jack Johnson requested a trade, hmmmmmmm. Nash for Johnson?!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Nash for Picks in the 2018 Draft?

The Rangers have 1 regulation win in their last 10 and we are hanging our hats on a Columbus lost. This team has a very long way to go if they want to be a true contender. There’s a reason most predicted them to be a fringe playoff team.

For those who say they can’t make these trades. The rangers traded their number 1 center for two “ worthless” prospects just this summer. I agreed with trading Stepan. Point is even the rangers know that they had to restock and that their cap was untenable. They got relief and two prospects. Two unknowns to a team with the same designs then as they do now. Thankfully Gorton was able to use his brain. Here’s hoping he does again

“Rebuild on the fly”. Would there be a better example than to trade two expiring contracts?
    Last edited by Fatfrancesa; 01-13-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    For those who say they can’t make these trades. The rangers traded their number 1 center for two “ worthless” prospects just this summer. I agreed with trading Stepan. Point is even the rangers know that they had to restock and that their cap was untenable. They got relief and two prospects. Two unknowns to a team with the same designs then as they do now. Thankfully Gorton was able to use his brain. Here’s hoping he does again

“Rebuild on the fly”. Would there be a better example than to trade two expiring contracts?
    maybe they traded 2 worthless players

Stepan was moved to clear room for free agent contracts.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Junior Division
    My point was not that but that Miller was not a high first round pick and neither was skeij. While neither are generational talents both are very nice players.
    Nash has 17 points in 42 games right now. He’s down playing his own role
    Nash is busting his fucking ass and draws a lot of attention out there, yet is still getting chances and being denied. Very snake bitten. He's been a lil down lately, but hopefully this time off gave him some energy. The guy is in a contract year. Something tells me he's going to have a crazy second half. Dude is fuckin due. Flood gates are going to open.

They aren’t a contender. If you really can’t see why or are purposely looking away as to why then that’s ok. I also believe in everyone hearts of hearts her at least those who know what they are watching don’t believe this team can win without an absolute miracle. They just don’t like reading it.
    The problem with what you want to add is that how are you adding those kinds of players? A second line center, who? At what cost? A top line player? Again more of the same. They aren’t available and if they are there is going to be a bidding war and again which has already been discussed. The rangers really don’t have a surplus of “worthless” prospects in which to deal from.
    Trading Holden or Smith is taking out your garbage you pay people to pick up your garbage.
    So here are the rangers sitting here with two players that will be two of the top trade deadline targets. They will fetch a great return for all the reasons people on here don’t want to deal them. They are ufas at seasons end.

Columbus lost last night do never mind get the parade going already
    How are they NOT a contender? I'm watching the team. They have been up and down, and when they are up they look like a team that can beat anyone. They aren't without fault. They need help to be some kind of juggernaut, but that really doesn't look necessary this year.

Honest question. Who CANT they beat? There's not one single team that scares me. It's so up in the air, that making the decision to give up NOW isn't a very good one.

To get that center. You deal Miller, you deal DeAngelo, you deal Smith ( out of the lineup again today), you deal Holden, you deal Fast. You make a package from these guys and prospects or picks (not a first unless it's a top line guy, in that case you offer Buch as an option) and you get a player that fits.

Whos available? I don't know, but I'd imagine there's top six players to be had from teams like Anaheim, Dallas, Detroit, Montreal, Edmonton, Buffalo, Colorado, Florida, Ottawa, Philly, SJ, Toronto, Vancouver.... Plenty of trade partners that would be looking to be sellers or change things up, or add pieces that this team should be offering. Probably some older players available at half their salary for pennies on the dollar just with more years than you'd want. Like maybe Zetterberg can be had as a salary dump. Getzlaf? Lucic?

Nash is busting his fucking ass and draws a lot of attention out there, yet is still getting chances and being denied. Very snake bitten. He's been a lil down lately, but hopefully this time off gave him some energy. The guy is in a contract year. Something tells me he's going to have a crazy second half. Dude is fuckin due. Flood gates are going to open.
    Hope he does. He is hardly going to crush them if he’s moved. It will hurt but his production won’t be missed his intangibles will

Terrible example. Stepans no trade was about to kick in and his play dropped big time last year. Might be more to it than just that but they needed to make cap room and he was one of the only logical options to deal. Hey look at the highly touted DeAngelo shitting the bed in Hartford. Load up them late first round picks baby! Woooooooeeeeeee!

Columbus has lost 6 of their last ten. They were considered a top contender from the conference. That's kinda why people are mentioning "yet another loss" for them. They are struggling, and Tampa is too. They aren't any better than the Rangers. But you don't see the Rangers as a contender when these teams are in the same boat.

Hope he does. He is hardly going to crush them if he’s moved. It will hurt but his production won’t be missed his intangibles will
    Yeah, Jesper Fast and JT Miller as your top right wingers is seriously going to keep things the same around here. They draw so much attention and do so much with the puck...

It will be just like it is now. JUST LIKE IT.

How are they NOT a contender? I'm watching the team. They have been up and down, and when they are up they look like a team that can beat anyone. They aren't without fault. They need help to be some kind of juggernaut, but that really doesn't look necessary this year.

Honest question. Who CANT they beat? There's not one single team that scares me. It's so up in the air, that making the decision to give up NOW isn't a very good one.

To get that center. You deal Miller, you deal DeAngelo, you deal Smith ( out of the lineup again today), you deal Holden, you deal Fast. You make a package from these guys and prospects or picks (not a first unless it's a top line guy, in that case you offer Buch as an option) and you get a player that fits.

Whos available? I don't know, but I'd imagine there's top six players to be had from teams like Anaheim, Dallas, Detroit, Montreal, Edmonton, Buffalo, Colorado, Florida, Ottawa, Philly, SJ, Toronto, Vancouver.... Plenty of trade partners that would be looking to be sellers or change things up, or add pieces that this team should be offering. Probably some older players available at half their salary for pennies on the dollar just with more years than you'd want. Like maybe Zetterberg can be had as a salary dump. Getzlaf? Lucic?
    Haha. I’m done. Another trade all our garbage for a top line center guy. All we need is you know a top line center and poof we are contenders. It hurts to try and rationalize with mentality. I’m arguing with somebody who lives in a fantasy world. Teams don’t trade top line centers period. So zetterberg would be a fit. Haven’t seen that before. Let’s trade for a forty year old. I’m done discussing unicorns and Bigfoot.

Haha. I’m done. Another trade all our garbage for a top line center guy. All we need is you know a top line center and poof we are contenders. It hurts to try and rationalize with mentality. I’m arguing with somebody who lives in a fantasy world. Teams don’t trade top line centers period. So zetterberg would be a fit. Haven’t seen that before. Let’s trade for a forty year old. I’m done discussing unicorns and Bigfoot.
    says the dude banking on random draft picks

Yeah says the guy who doesn’t think the rangers are getting a top line center by the deadline to make them a contender. You’re right. I’m not banking on draft picks but they are better than losing valuable players for nothing. And no the rangers are not as good as Tampa. That’s laughable. But continue on. You only have the past 80 years as example that the miracle run isn’t happening with a terminally flawed team. But hey why should that matter Trading a player with 17 points surely would be mailing it in. Let’s just also throw aside that the injury of Kreider has no bearing on any hopes they had but why should that matter either. Continue on. It’s funny

Who gives a shit what the organization did 80 years ago. Then, take your head out of your ass, and know which person you are responding to.

I know exactly who I’m responding to

really, because i didnt say any of that shit. continue on. its funny.

The guy who just scored for the isles was drafted in round 1 by the pick the rangers originally owned

Cool.
    Rangers weren't going to draft him, regardless.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast