Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 523

Thread: Nash for Picks in the 2018 Draft?

  1. #81
    Banned Mite Division slgrayson1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    How is the 2013-4 season that had Stepan, Richards, Brassard, Hagelin, Callahan, Boyle, etc relevant to the Rangers present situation? That's why talking about team accomplishments from that far back isn't relevant.

    Focus on the present roster, or your arguments don't mean jack
    You are right

    The 2017-18 personnel is very much better than those 2013-4 guys

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

  2. #82
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,825
    Rep Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Because more is expected of Nash in other people's pov in part of his contract. The Rangers didn't give him that contract, and he certainly deserved it at the time he signed it. Until everyone understands that a contract is goven based off recent performances and no one in management around the NHL has a crystal ball, these debates will always exist. In addition, point production is usually going to drop as the player gets older which makes the contract look worse than what it was. Is Hank an 8 million dollar goalie? Has he been one since signing that deal? Will he be one in the next 3-4 years? I think the answer is no, but he WAS worth that in the years leading up to it. It's almost like guys get a little more because they deserve it for what they've done previously and weren't fully compensated for it at the time. I'm ok with that. I don't agree on paying that much for a goalie, but it is what it is. And I'm not bias here, because my son is a goalie and a top one in his age group and as a coach I'd trade his ass for 2 pure goal scorers in a fuckin minute.
    Yeah, I kinda hit that point about Nash's contract with my other post..

    At that young age, wouldn't you want the better goalie at that level? Aren't there like 7,000,000,000 goal scorers at that age?

  3. #83
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,825
    Rep Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    How is the 2013-4 season that had Stepan, Richards, Brassard, Hagelin, Callahan, Boyle, etc relevant to the Rangers present situation? That's why talking about team accomplishments from that far back isn't relevant.

    Focus on the present roster, or your arguments don't mean jack
    So, the last two years don't mean anything either? Just games away from the conference finals? The low seed Ottawa took the eventual cup winner to a 7th game with a Dman who had a broken ankle.... A team the Rangers SHOULD have beaten. Year prior they lose to the Penguins, who dominated the whole playoffs and I believe won the cup. I'd like to think the roster has improved from the past two years, by injecting more youth and a PP QB who has the coaches trust.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,825
    Rep Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    We are light years from being competitive in a 7 game series against the Lightning with Stamkos, Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, etc.

    We are forced to hope we get on a hot streak and go on a Nashville Predator style run in the playoffs. Likely not in the cards, but being a fan means rooting for unlikely outcomes.
    The Rangers have beaten them in their only meeting so far this year. 2-1. And that was when they finally turned the season around after sucking donkey dick to start the year. I'm not too scared of Tampa.

  5. #85
    swamped Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    4,082
    Rep Power
    78
    for those that were pointing to 2013-4 i wanted to point out how much roster turnover we have had. if last year’s roster was better than then, we should have been able to beat an average senators team in the playoffs. the only reason for optimism is if you believe in our young core improving to the point that we are competitive for a cup while lundqvist is still capable. i don’t see it because i don’t see enough talent and consistent effort on this roster, but i hope they prove me wrong.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  6. #86
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,408
    Rep Power
    35
    The difference from the 2014 team and the 2017 team is simple. The 2014 team was just one season removed from Tortorella. The 2017 team has been turned to baby shit after years and years of AV's vanilla ways. Is it a coincidence that they've regressed every season they've been under AV?

  7. #87
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,363
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    The difference from the 2014 team and the 2017 team is simple. The 2014 team was just one season removed from Tortorella. The 2017 team has been turned to baby shit after years and years of AV's vanilla ways. Is it a coincidence that they've regressed every season they've been under AV?
    I think Mac's regression is a way bigger issue and I don't know if you can blame that on AV. . He was, by far, the best player on the ice in the MTL series, and we don't get to the Cup final without him. Otherwise, there's really no difference between that team and the versions that came after it.

  8. #88
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    523
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    The difference from the 2014 team and the 2017 team is simple. The 2014 team was just one season removed from Tortorella. The 2017 team has been turned to baby shit after years and years of AV's vanilla ways. Is it a coincidence that they've regressed every season they've been under AV?
    Give that man a CEEE-GARRRRR!!!

    Couldn't agree with you more!

  9. #89
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,274
    Rep Power
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    The difference from the 2014 team and the 2017 team is simple. The 2014 team was just one season removed from Tortorella. The 2017 team has been turned to baby shit after years and years of AV's vanilla ways. Is it a coincidence that they've regressed every season they've been under AV?
    Thats completely inaccurate

    Finals, Conference Finals, 1st Rd, 2nd round

    Wins: 45, 53, 46, 48
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  10. #90
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,408
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Thats completely inaccurate

    Finals, Conference Finals, 1st Rd, 2nd round

    Wins: 45, 53, 46, 48
    Completely inaccurate? Are you fucking serious? Final, Conference Finals, 1st rd, 2nd rd. With the exception of last season, its absolutely regression. You can't even argue that.

  11. #91
    Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    307
    Rep Power
    11
    Wow, I just noticed that Fast has the same number of points (17) in 34 games that Nash has in 42. I never have been a Nash-basher and points don't say everything, especially over a half season, but this is getting ridiculous. Are players supposed to be inspired to put up numbers in the last year of their contracts?

  12. #92
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,363
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Completely inaccurate? Are you fucking serious? Final, Conference Finals, 1st rd, 2nd rd. With the exception of last season, its absolutely regression. You can't even argue that.
    That's every team though. It's the consequence of going to a cup final.

    And, they improved wins and playoff success from year 3 to year 4. So I'm not really sure your point is as direct as you'd like it to be.

  13. #93
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,363
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Wow, I just noticed that Fast has the same number of points (17) in 34 games that Nash has in 42. I never have been a Nash-basher and points don't say everything, especially over a half season, but this is getting ridiculous. Are players supposed to be inspired to put up numbers in the last year of their contracts?
    Nash has played really inspired hockey until about 3 weeks ago.

    He's been more invisible in the last 8 games or so than his entire Rangers tenure. His point totals didn't bother me when he was playing well and generating chances, because that's just the way it goes sometimes. But I'm real concerned about how he hasn't been impactful at all, of late.

    Having said that, he's playing on a line with Paul fucking Carey, so idk what to expect lol.

  14. #94
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,274
    Rep Power
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Completely inaccurate? Are you fucking serious? Final, Conference Finals, 1st rd, 2nd rd. With the exception of last season, its absolutely regression. You can't even argue that.
    I color coded so its easier to understand.
    Let me know if you are colorblind and I will put them on a graph for you.

    Finals, Conference Finals, 1st Rd (lost to cup champs), 2nd round

    Wins: 45, 53, 46, 48
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  15. #95
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,408
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I color coded so its easier to understand.
    Let me know if you are colorblind and I will put them on a graph for you.

    Finals, Conference Finals, 1st Rd (lost to cup champs), 2nd round

    Wins: 45, 53, 46, 48
    Let me quote myself again in case you're too dense to understand. Clearly I am talking playoff exits.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Completely inaccurate? Are you fucking serious? Final, Conference Finals, 1st rd, 2nd rd. With the exception of last season, its absolutely regression. You can't even argue that.
    Bolded, because you must have missed it the first time. Pretty straight forward. 4th round, 3rd round, 1st round, 2nd round. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF LAST SEASON ITS A CLEAR CUT REGRESSION.

  16. #96
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,363
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Let me quote myself again in case you're too dense to understand. Clearly I am talking playoff exits.


    Bolded, because you must have missed it the first time. Pretty straight forward. 4th round, 3rd round, 1st round, 2nd round. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF LAST SEASON ITS A CLEAR CUT REGRESSION.
    But by leaving out last seasons, you're ignoring the team that most closely resembles this one and cutting out a third of the sample size. I think everyone understands that the team has regressed, but you're kind of exaggerating it by basing it on playoff exits.

  17. #97
    In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,676
    Rep Power
    128
    I'm sick of early exits.

    This team isn't one piece from a Cup. It's one piece from winning a round. If Nash, Grabner, Kreider, or basically anyone not named Skjei/Zib on our current roster gets us a piece that lets us think about the Cup next year, I'm all for it.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  18. #98
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,274
    Rep Power
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    I'm sick of early exits.

    This team isn't one piece from a Cup. It's one piece from winning a round. If Nash, Grabner, Kreider, or basically anyone not named Skjei/Zib on our current roster gets us a piece that lets us think about the Cup next year, I'm all for it.
    decent point.

    but why zib?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  19. #99
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,676
    Rep Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Nash has played really inspired hockey until about 3 weeks ago.

    He's been more invisible in the last 8 games or so than his entire Rangers tenure. His point totals didn't bother me when he was playing well and generating chances, because that's just the way it goes sometimes. But I'm real concerned about how he hasn't been impactful at all, of late.

    Having said that, he's playing on a line with Paul fucking Carey, so idk what to expect lol.
    Future, that is spot on. He's been very good until recent weeks. During this stretch, Nash is getting DD as his C, resulting in him covering defensively for his centerman.

    I've talked incessantly about how McD needs a partner, but Nash and that 2nd line needs a quality two-way C to produce more points and mesh with Nash and our group of top 6 wingers. The league is getting faster and dramatically more talented. The kids are ready sooner and there is more of them from the US and other countries, then ever before. A 31 y/o DD is not part of top 6 for a Cup contender. Or even a top 9 on this team. And now it appears the 4C can be held down by Lettieri or Nieves and some even even say a guy from Hartford, making DD practically expendable.

    It is not that he hasn't tried to fit, and he's contributed here and there. Like Carey, he also makes for a great vet to be able to bring off the bench when injuries hit. But he does not make enough of an impact for such a key role and unlike some of the smaller players we like, he is pushed off the play or puck, too often. Add that he is below average defending and you have to wonder if he should be here.

    My take - once Zib and Hayes are fully healthy, rather than send down Lettieri or sitting Nieves, I'd trade or sit DD. Frankly, we need a 2C like RNH centering for Nash. Edm is still sucking and Chiarelli has been known to make a shitty trade every now and then.

  20. #100
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,676
    Rep Power
    69
    There is also something to be said about AV not knowing how to best utilize this version of Nash on this team. The right C could do wonders.

    Besides RNH, there are other guys around the league who would complement Nash's game and fit our system. Imagine Scheifele or McKinnon or Kopitar or Barkov or Trocheck or Kuznetsov or Marchessault or Barzal or Couture or Point among others. The first four are 1Cs, but look at the talent and speed of those 2Cs. It is a key missing piece on this team.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •