Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Nash for Picks in the 2018 Draft?

In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Would you guys be open to trading Nash and/or Grabner within the division? I could see NJ putting up a pretty penny for Nash, and Penguins being all over Grabner. (Even though Nash will sign with the Penguins during the offseason)
    Open to trading within the division, sure, but for a premium. I'm not helping anyone in our division win anything without going for the jugular and getting a player that hurts them in the long run.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    A lot of debate in this thread. In my opinion, there are only two logical paths. You either go for it or you rip the entire team apart. No in between. It would be incredibly pointless to make only one trade that would almost certainly cripple any kind of playoff chances this year. You don't trade Nash, Grabner, Zuccarello, or McDonagh unless your goal is to trade them all. Moving Nash and Grabner for 2nd round picks is not worth missing a playoff spot. Moving just Zuccarello or McDonagh, rather than both, is not committed enough to rebuilding and the return for just one of them would not be worth missing a playoff spot.

I just hope Gorton picks a direction and goes all in with it. The in-between stuff will hurt us badly short term and not help us as much long term. We can't have it both ways.
    That's kinda what I think. If they are giving up on the season I trade anyone that brings back a serious return (ie 1st round picks AND top prospects). I don't want to add more mediocre picks to the remaining semi mediocre roster with no Nash and Grabner. I don't hand the reigns over to Miller and Hayes to fill that gaping hole. Poor Zib and Kreider. This team is going to stink.

I guess tear it down...... If it's ok with Lundqvist...

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    A lot of debate in this thread. In my opinion, there are only two logical paths. You either go for it or you rip the entire team apart. No in between. It would be incredibly pointless to make only one trade that would almost certainly cripple any kind of playoff chances this year. You don't trade Nash, Grabner, Zuccarello, or McDonagh unless your goal is to trade them all. Moving Nash and Grabner for 2nd round picks is not worth missing a playoff spot. Moving just Zuccarello or McDonagh, rather than both, is not committed enough to rebuilding and the return for just one of them would not be worth missing a playoff spot.

I just hope Gorton picks a direction and goes all in with it. The in-between stuff will hurt us badly short term and not help us as much long term. We can't have it both ways.
    In your scenario, they make a push for the playoffs with the current group only to either a) miss the playoffs while losing Nash and Grabner in the offseason for nothing or b) lose in the 1st or maybe (big maybe) the 2nd round while losing Nash and Grabner in the offseason for nothing. That doesnít make sense to me.

This team is not a contender as currently built, anyone can sugarcoat the what ifís all day but I just donít see it. The light bulb isnít going to magically go on here.

Nash for Picks in the 2018 Draft?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    That's kinda what I think. If they are giving up on the season I trade anyone that brings back a serious return (ie 1st round picks AND top prospects). I don't want to add more mediocre picks to the remaining semi mediocre roster with no Nash and Grabner. I don't hand the reigns over to Miller and Hayes to fill that gaping hole. Poor Zib and Kreider. This team is going to stink.

I guess tear it down...... If it's ok with Lundqvist...
    So youíre basically prolonging the inevitable of them stinking without Nash and Grabner just to say they made the playoffs? Why?

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    So you’re basically prolonging the inevitable of them stinking without Nash and Grabner just to say they made the playoffs? Why?
    The east is wide open. Much like last season any team can go far. Why not the team with the most playoff experienced goalie as well as a group of experienced young players? Add a 2nd line center and NHL caliber D man, and this team can compete. Don't? Then sell. This point has been beaten to death. It's fine that some disagree. I and a few others aren't sold on the season being an impossible challenge.

I don't want Miller as the teams top singer going forward. I'm sorry I don't see how that helps anything in either direction.
    Last edited by The Dude; Today at 03:35 PM.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    The east is wide open. Much like last season any team can go far. Why not the team with the most playoff experienced goalie as well as a group of experienced young players? Add a 2nd line center and NHL caliber D man, and this team can compete. Don't? Then sell. This point has been beaten to death. It's fine that some disagree. I and a few others aren't sold on the season being an impossible challenge.
    How wide, exactly? Do you envision the Rangers or any other clubs beating the Lightning?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Nash for Picks in the 2018 Draft?

I don't want Miller as the teams top singer going forward. I'm sorry I don't see how that helps anything in either direction.
    Basically youíre betting it all on the stars aligning perfectly. Might want to change your handle to Lloyd Christmas then. I do agree that this thread has been beaten to death though.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    How wide, exactly? Do you envision the Rangers or any other clubs beating the Lightning?

I could see Columbus, Pittsburgh, Washington, Boston, Leafs, beating them. I think Philly would be competitive.

Sorry NJ.

I guess I just don't share the same confidence.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Odds are someone will beat the Lightning, it's quite possible they've already spent their wad and will role to the finish rather unspectacularly.

These aren't linear things, yet seem to continue to be treated as such.

As fast as it's all there for you it disappears.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Odds are someone will beat the Lightning, it's quite possible they've already spent their wad and will role to the finish rather unspectacularly.

These aren't linear things, yet seem to continue to be treated as such.

As fast as it's all there for you it disappears.
    They almost certainly blew it all early and are just now dealing with their first meaningful injuries of the year, we'll see how they respond. The West is bad, but it's way ahead of the East in terms of top teams and the Central might have 4 best teams in hockey right now.

Small sample, but TBL has lost 5 out of 8 and given up at least 30 shots 7 times in that span and got outshot in all 3 of their wins. That's pretty much exactly the same run the Rangers were on a couple weeks ago.
    Last edited by Future; Today at 05:39 PM.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    They almost certainly blew it all early and are just now dealing with their first meaningful injuries of the year, we'll see how they respond. The West is bad, but it's way ahead of the East in terms of top teams and the Central might have 4 best teams in hockey right now.
    Right now being the operative term. Prior to winning 10 in a row the Aves were 1 game over.500, and despite 10 straight wins are still fighting for a wild card spot. How long can they sustain it? The team that wins the cup will most likely be the team that finishes March playing the way Tampa started and Colorado currently is...

@HockeyStatMiner: #NYR* Since December 10th (last 19 games):
    - 3 regulation wins
    - 13 times allowing 35+ SOG
    - just 1 regulation win in 9 games against top-16 NHL teams (3-4-2).
    - have been outshot in 8 of those 9 games

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425