Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 424

Thread: Nash for Picks in the 2018 Draft?

  1. #81
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,247
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    First off, you're making a comparison because of what you perceive as people's beliefs on this forum. There's your first, and crucial mistake. Secondly, Miller doesn't make Nash money, and will never be the player Nash is, so the expectations are different. For the record, I like both of them. Also, JT will have to finish strong to get 6 mill per. He's probably looking at 3-4 years with around 5 per at the moment.
    How is my "first mistake" a mistake? Do I have to put a vote on it to make it fact? There is definitely a pro Miller camp here that is also very anti Nash. Not very crucial at all. That's the feel of the board. The board is very down on Nash. I'm not. You're not. A very few others aren't. We aren't the majority. I didn't say everyone. I said many and that's not an exaggeration .

    Onto my "second mistake"... Miller could make about 6 million on this up coming contract. That's the going rate. I never said he does make that money. I said he will. I myself don't think Miller is anywhere near the player Nash was or is.

    The comparison is salary vs production, especially in the playoffs. The reason for the comparison is who to continue forward with and where the team goes or expands from there.

    There are A BUNCH of people who feel that Nash is easily replaced. On this roster the guy who would have to replace him is Miller. I wouldn't do that at the salary he can get. I feel he can get 5.5- 6.5. I don't hitch the reigns to Miller for 4-5 years and expect to compete as they do now.

    I mean you don't see this stuff where people are talking down what Nash has done here and what he's currently doing? Then I have to continue to read about how this team needs to keep the younger core and rebuild... How can the two not be compared in this context?

  2. #82
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,247
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Change the status quo of being one of the top teams, consistently?
    Exactly? Recent history was a cup final and a conference final as well..

    ????

    Why are we in need of changing the being very close every year?

  3. #83
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,521
    Rep Power
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    How is my "first mistake" a mistake? Do I have to put a vote on it to make it fact? There is definitely a pro Miller camp here that is also very anti Nash. Not very crucial at all. That's the feel of the board. The board is very down on Nash. I'm not. You're not. A very few others aren't. We aren't the majority. I didn't say everyone. I said many and that's not an exaggeration .

    Onto my "second mistake"... Miller could make about 6 million on this up coming contract. That's the going rate. I never said he does make that money. I said he will. I myself don't think Miller is anywhere near the player Nash was or is.

    The comparison is salary vs production, especially in the playoffs. The reason for the comparison is who to continue forward with and where the team goes or expands from there.

    There are A BUNCH of people who feel that Nash is easily replaced. On this roster the guy who would have to replace him is Miller. I wouldn't do that at the salary he can get. I feel he can get 5.5- 6.5. I don't hitch the reigns to Miller for 4-5 years and expect to compete as they do now.

    I mean you don't see this stuff where people are talking down what Nash has done here and what he's currently doing? Then I have to continue to read about how this team needs to keep the younger core and rebuild... How can the two not be compared in this context?
    Because more is expected of Nash in other people's pov in part of his contract. The Rangers didn't give him that contract, and he certainly deserved it at the time he signed it. Until everyone understands that a contract is goven based off recent performances and no one in management around the NHL has a crystal ball, these debates will always exist. In addition, point production is usually going to drop as the player gets older which makes the contract look worse than what it was. Is Hank an 8 million dollar goalie? Has he been one since signing that deal? Will he be one in the next 3-4 years? I think the answer is no, but he WAS worth that in the years leading up to it. It's almost like guys get a little more because they deserve it for what they've done previously and weren't fully compensated for it at the time. I'm ok with that. I don't agree on paying that much for a goalie, but it is what it is. And I'm not bias here, because my son is a goalie and a top one in his age group and as a coach I'd trade his ass for 2 pure goal scorers in a fuckin minute.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  4. #84
    swamped Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    3,883
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Exactly? Recent history was a cup final and a conference final as well..

    ????

    Why are we in need of changing the being very close every year?
    How is the 2013-4 season that had Stepan, Richards, Brassard, Hagelin, Callahan, Boyle, etc relevant to the Rangers present situation? That's why talking about team accomplishments from that far back isn't relevant.

    Focus on the present roster, or your arguments don't mean jack
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  5. #85
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    38
    The present roster will be in 3rd place in the Metro with a win in AZ tonight.

  6. #86
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,521
    Rep Power
    288
    If the argument is about last year ... This team, minus Stepan and plus Shatty now, lost to a hot Senators team last year in 6 that took the Pens to OT in a game 7 of the ECF. Yes, the Sens were beatable. No, they're not doing that good right now, but in the middle of a hot stretch anyone can win these games and rounds. 2010 Flyers and the 2012 Kings are just 2 examples of how a mediocre club can make a run at the right time. The current Rangers are a lot better than mediocre despite what some may think.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  7. #87
    Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    1,282
    Rep Power
    7


    Must be computer generated.

  8. #88
    swamped Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    3,883
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    The present roster will be in 3rd place in the Metro with a win in AZ tonight.
    We are light years from being competitive in a 7 game series against the Lightning with Stamkos, Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, etc.

    We are forced to hope we get on a hot streak and go on a Nashville Predator style run in the playoffs. Likely not in the cards, but being a fan means rooting for unlikely outcomes.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  9. #89
    Banned Mite Division slgrayson1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    How is the 2013-4 season that had Stepan, Richards, Brassard, Hagelin, Callahan, Boyle, etc relevant to the Rangers present situation? That's why talking about team accomplishments from that far back isn't relevant.

    Focus on the present roster, or your arguments don't mean jack
    You are right

    The 2017-18 personnel is very much better than those 2013-4 guys

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

  10. #90
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,247
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Because more is expected of Nash in other people's pov in part of his contract. The Rangers didn't give him that contract, and he certainly deserved it at the time he signed it. Until everyone understands that a contract is goven based off recent performances and no one in management around the NHL has a crystal ball, these debates will always exist. In addition, point production is usually going to drop as the player gets older which makes the contract look worse than what it was. Is Hank an 8 million dollar goalie? Has he been one since signing that deal? Will he be one in the next 3-4 years? I think the answer is no, but he WAS worth that in the years leading up to it. It's almost like guys get a little more because they deserve it for what they've done previously and weren't fully compensated for it at the time. I'm ok with that. I don't agree on paying that much for a goalie, but it is what it is. And I'm not bias here, because my son is a goalie and a top one in his age group and as a coach I'd trade his ass for 2 pure goal scorers in a fuckin minute.
    Yeah, I kinda hit that point about Nash's contract with my other post..

    At that young age, wouldn't you want the better goalie at that level? Aren't there like 7,000,000,000 goal scorers at that age?

  11. #91
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,247
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    How is the 2013-4 season that had Stepan, Richards, Brassard, Hagelin, Callahan, Boyle, etc relevant to the Rangers present situation? That's why talking about team accomplishments from that far back isn't relevant.

    Focus on the present roster, or your arguments don't mean jack
    So, the last two years don't mean anything either? Just games away from the conference finals? The low seed Ottawa took the eventual cup winner to a 7th game with a Dman who had a broken ankle.... A team the Rangers SHOULD have beaten. Year prior they lose to the Penguins, who dominated the whole playoffs and I believe won the cup. I'd like to think the roster has improved from the past two years, by injecting more youth and a PP QB who has the coaches trust.

  12. #92
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,247
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    We are light years from being competitive in a 7 game series against the Lightning with Stamkos, Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, etc.

    We are forced to hope we get on a hot streak and go on a Nashville Predator style run in the playoffs. Likely not in the cards, but being a fan means rooting for unlikely outcomes.
    The Rangers have beaten them in their only meeting so far this year. 2-1. And that was when they finally turned the season around after sucking donkey dick to start the year. I'm not too scared of Tampa.

  13. #93
    swamped Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    3,883
    Rep Power
    71
    for those that were pointing to 2013-4 i wanted to point out how much roster turnover we have had. if last year’s roster was better than then, we should have been able to beat an average senators team in the playoffs. the only reason for optimism is if you believe in our young core improving to the point that we are competitive for a cup while lundqvist is still capable. i don’t see it because i don’t see enough talent and consistent effort on this roster, but i hope they prove me wrong.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  14. #94
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,182
    Rep Power
    32
    The difference from the 2014 team and the 2017 team is simple. The 2014 team was just one season removed from Tortorella. The 2017 team has been turned to baby shit after years and years of AV's vanilla ways. Is it a coincidence that they've regressed every season they've been under AV?

  15. #95
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,875
    Rep Power
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    The difference from the 2014 team and the 2017 team is simple. The 2014 team was just one season removed from Tortorella. The 2017 team has been turned to baby shit after years and years of AV's vanilla ways. Is it a coincidence that they've regressed every season they've been under AV?
    I think Mac's regression is a way bigger issue and I don't know if you can blame that on AV. . He was, by far, the best player on the ice in the MTL series, and we don't get to the Cup final without him. Otherwise, there's really no difference between that team and the versions that came after it.

  16. #96
    Senior Member Mite Division Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    The difference from the 2014 team and the 2017 team is simple. The 2014 team was just one season removed from Tortorella. The 2017 team has been turned to baby shit after years and years of AV's vanilla ways. Is it a coincidence that they've regressed every season they've been under AV?
    Give that man a CEEE-GARRRRR!!!

    Couldn't agree with you more!

  17. #97
    List Maker BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22,557
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    The difference from the 2014 team and the 2017 team is simple. The 2014 team was just one season removed from Tortorella. The 2017 team has been turned to baby shit after years and years of AV's vanilla ways. Is it a coincidence that they've regressed every season they've been under AV?
    Thats completely inaccurate

    Finals, Conference Finals, 1st Rd, 2nd round

    Wins: 45, 53, 46, 48

  18. #98
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,182
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Thats completely inaccurate

    Finals, Conference Finals, 1st Rd, 2nd round

    Wins: 45, 53, 46, 48
    Completely inaccurate? Are you fucking serious? Final, Conference Finals, 1st rd, 2nd rd. With the exception of last season, its absolutely regression. You can't even argue that.

  19. #99
    Member Mite Division Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    5
    Wow, I just noticed that Fast has the same number of points (17) in 34 games that Nash has in 42. I never have been a Nash-basher and points don't say everything, especially over a half season, but this is getting ridiculous. Are players supposed to be inspired to put up numbers in the last year of their contracts?

  20. #100
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,875
    Rep Power
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Completely inaccurate? Are you fucking serious? Final, Conference Finals, 1st rd, 2nd rd. With the exception of last season, its absolutely regression. You can't even argue that.
    That's every team though. It's the consequence of going to a cup final.

    And, they improved wins and playoff success from year 3 to year 4. So I'm not really sure your point is as direct as you'd like it to be.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •