Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: They Need a Goal Scorer and Playmker

Senior Member Mite Division Blueshirts1926's Avatar

They Need a Goal Scorer and Playmker

Need to replace Krieder and get a play maker and goal scorer. Grabner has not done crap in games and tonight he looks like he is passing the puck to Chicago. Nash done is done can't keep up.

They barely beat a horrible Buffalo team and Chicago had won 1 of the last five and they are getting there ass kicked tonight by being outskated.

GM is an idiot and AV can't make the adjustments!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    They're a mediocre team. This is how each season has gone for the last 2-3 years. Not sure what else you expected.

I don't want them to be buyers at the deadline, if that's what you're suggesting.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    They're a mediocre team. This is how each season has gone for the last 2-3 years. Not sure what else you expected.

I don't want them to be buyers at the deadline, if that's what you're suggesting.
    Agreed, inconsistency = mediocre. Same old story

They need something now not by the deadline and there are plenty of teams out of it already. When I played (awhile ago) if we did not go to the net there was a stick crashing on top of my helmet this teams fails to do that. Too many guys just play lack luster like Nash, Grabner( has the talent), Desharnais (hit and miss) Fast, Carey etc. Nine forwards have 9 goals or less on this team and Krieder is still tied for 2nd on the team. Seriously AV puts Smith and Staal and the same D Line, Smith flat sucks.

You will never go deep in the playoffs when Zuc for 2 years straight years and this year is your the team in points. They need a play maker.

Its time they change the story a or change the GM

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueshirts1926 View Post
    They need something now not by the deadline and there are plenty of teams out of it already. When I played (awhile ago) if we did not go to the net there was a stick crashing on top of my helmet this teams fails to do that. Too many guys just play lack luster like Nash, Grabner( has the talent), Desharnais (hit and miss) Fast, Carey etc. Nine forwards have 9 goals or less on this team and Krieder is still tied for 2nd on the team. Seriously AV puts Smith and Staal and the same D Line, Smith flat sucks.

You will never go deep in the playoffs when Zuc for 2 years straight years and this year is your the team in points. They need a play maker.
    But this has always been the case. Their "star" player is their goalie -- and while that's worth something -- you could argue it's their biggest flaw. Does Hank win games? Yes. But who wins cups?

You're right. Zucc is their best player... but this is not new.
    GORTON 2020

I agree Hank is there best player and especially this year I think he has won games for them. In a much as I like Zuc because for a small guy he plays and hustles but he is not the guy to lead this team to a cup. He would flourish/score more under a play maker but until the GM gets his head out of his ass it won't happen. Plus why is Vinneterri ( how ever you spell it) not playing scores a goal first game, kid was fast and went to the net to score so let him play to see what he has or is that a AV thing?

Senior Member Junior Division
    Rick Nash is playing hard, but his lack of production is ultimately going to be the death of this team.

It’s january, and while players like Ovechkin have 26 goals, Nash only has 17 points. It’s absurd.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division

Ok, they need something as you say but you havenít offered up a name and what the Rangers have to give away to get said player.

I don't think things are that bad. The team is in roughly the same shape and producing the same results as last year even though they traded their 1C for a draft pick in the summer. It's quite remarkable that the Rangers are still on course for the playoffs after such a long-term investment in the summer.

Compared to one or two years ago, the Rangers prospect pool is massively improved, the roster is considerably re-juvenated and younger, and they are still a likely playoff team. That's solid work and largely what you would expect from a rebuild 'on the fly'.

Now the big dilemma is the lure of a very strong 2018 draft class versus the closing Hank window. It's a tough call whether to trade Nash or Grabner, but personally I'm in favor of keeping the team intact while not spending any high draft picks.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I said in another thread, they could use a dude that loooooves to shoot
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I'm just shocked they didn't win every game from Christmas to Easter. Unacceptable.

Senior Member Bantam Division

Carey is lack luster? He is a 4th liner, A, and 2, he has 9 points in his last 15 games. Fast, another 4th liner, is having his best statistical season ever. Grabner is on pace for 37 goals.

You're mad Krieder is still 2nd (tied for third after Zib scoring last night)? He's missed three whole games...

Nine forwards have 9 goals or less? How about 9 forwards have 8 goals or more. No, other team has more forwards with 8+ goals. The Rangers are one of 9 teams with four 10+ goal scorers. There are 6 teams with 5 such scorers and 4 teams with six, while 12 teams have 3 or less players with 10+ goals. What is your point here? Are you mad at the Rangers scoring depth?

We were in the cup finals in 2014. Zuc lead the team in scoring with 59 points in 77 games that year...

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    That's great, he's overrated, what's your point? Does he help the team at this point? Are they better with Rick Nash in the lineup or are they worse? I don't understand what you're trying to get at.

He's a FA at the end of the year and they will shed the salary, until that point I don't know why people bitch about it. He was paid for past performance, he's now 33 years old and his game has obviously (d)evolved and he's not going to score 40 goals, it's unfortunate but it's not something he can just change.

Its time they change the story a or change the GM
    What has the GM done wrong, and what would you do if you were the GM?

Quote Originally Posted by RichieNextel305 View Post
    Rick Nash is playing hard, but his lack of production is ultimately going to be the death of this team.

Itís january, and while players like Ovechkin have 26 goals, Nash only has 17 points. Itís absurd.
    I get it. We all wish Nash would still score 30 goals. The only absurd thing here is comparing him to Ovechkin. Nash has had 3 seasons in 15 years where he scored 40+ goals (plus he paced 40 once more but got hurt, and could have potentially got there during the lockout). Ovechkin is a 7 time (would have been 8 if not for the lock out, and on pace to hit it again this year) 50 goal scorer.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    I get it. We all wish Nash would still score 30 goals. The only absurd thing here is comparing him to Ovechkin. Nash has had 3 seasons in 15 years where he scored 40+ goals (plus he paced 40 once more but got hurt, and could have potentially got there during the lockout). Ovechkin is a 7 time (would have been 8 if not for the lock out, and on pace to hit it again this year) 50 goal scorer.
    No, but being on pace for a little bit more than 35 points would be nice. At this rate Fast is going to outscore him

Luckily there aren't too many very good teams in the conference this season, so making the playoffs is entirely possible even with this lineup. Unluckily Tampa is one of them and they are head and shoulders above every other team in the East and will probably glide their way into the Cup finals

Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    No, but being on pace for a little bit more than 35 points would be nice. At this rate Fast is going to outscore him

Luckily there aren't too many very good teams in the conference this season, so making the playoffs is entirely possible even with this lineup. Unluckily Tampa is one of them and they are head and shoulders above every other team in the East and will probably glide their way into the Cup finals
    Again, I get it. He's had a ton of great chances that he hasn't finished. I wish he was finishing. Still ridiculous to compare him to Ovechkin, at any point in his career.

As for Tampa, they benefit from playing in the worst division in the league. They are currently 8-4-2 against the Metro accounting for half their losses and are going to have to go through 2 Metro teams to make the finals.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    Or maybe there are a bunch of good and very good teams, but only one team playing better then very good. Tampa has been excellent all year, have a strong roster at all positions and certainly seem like the clear favorite from the east. This is not the year to covet the 8th seed or second wildcard. Five teams will make it from our division. Fifth place gets the privilege to get smoked by Tampa in Round 1.

If healthy, my pick is a Tampa vs Winnipeg final. Love watching the Jets, but we don't get enough of their games. If just Scheifele was a Ranger, we'd be a first place team and Nash would have way more points. Schiefele and Trouba, would make us Cup favorites. IMO, The Preds, Blues and Kings, as well as the Jets, are the serious contenders for the spot in the west. All 4 teams have the potential to reach great heights this year.

As of now, there only seems to be one potentially excellent team in the east. Tampa may sprint to the finals. Too bad we are two key pieces away. And unfortunately none of us (including Gorton) want to give up futures to trade for them, so we are kinda stuck.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Or maybe there are a bunch of good and very good teams, but only one team playing better then very good. Tampa has been excellent all year, have a strong roster at all positions and certainly seem like the clear favorite from the east. This is not the year to covet the 8th seed or second wildcard. Five teams will make it from our division. Fifth place gets the privilege to get smoked by Tampa in Round 1.

If healthy, my pick is a Tampa vs Winnipeg final. Love watching the Jets, but we don't get enough of their games. If just Scheifele was a Ranger, we'd be a first place team and Nash would have way more points. Schiefele and Trouba, would make us Cup favorites. IMO, The Preds, Blues and Kings, as well as the Jets, are the serious contenders for the spot in the west. All 4 teams have the potential to reach great heights this year.

As of now, there only seems to be one potentially excellent team in the east. Tampa may sprint to the finals. Too bad we are two key pieces away. And unfortunately none of us (including Gorton) want to give up futures to trade for them, so we are kinda stuck.
    You're overstating Tampa. They have Dan Girardi and Braydon Coburn playing top-4 minutes. They haven't had a single injury of consequence, so we don't know what their depth is. Of their top-10 forwards by TOI, they've missed 11 man-games because of injury. 10 are Ryan Callahan. Their top-5 D have missed a total of 2. What happens when 3 of their top-4 volume shooters at forward aren't shooting 17% anymore?

Long story short is that Tampa, like every team in the East, has question marks and if 5th place is, say, the Rangers, there's no guarantee that they'll make a run at anything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast