Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chicago BlackHawks vs. NY Rangers - 8 pm; Madison Square Garden

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieNextel305 View Post
    We sucked and had no business winning the game. But honestly, every time O’Halloran officiates a Ranger game there always seems to be atleast one major call that goes against us.
    There’s two refs on the ice

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Were the NYR playing last nite?

Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Were the NYR playing last nite?
    Great fucking question! They were invisible all fucking night!

//reported Junior Division
    Saw the score on the app and just went through the GDT. Sounds like I missed a crap game.
    On to the next one, I guess.

At the airport in Amsterdam...I can’t fucking wait to see my animals.
    LGR!

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Not much to hang our hats on in this one tonight. Looked to me like they wanted to get outta town and head to sunny Phoenix before the snow storm hit. Not gonna go crazy over this one; it's one of those lackluster efforts we're becoming alarmingly accustomed to, unfortunately.

Anyone seem to think we got out coached in this one??? ....the matchups just seemed a little too favorable for the Hawks; and we had the last change! They did seem a step ahead of us tonight.
    Looked like a lot of losses in the AV era; overpassing, failing to gain the zone, not going to the net, indifference to shooting, defenses standing up at the blue line and no dump and chase. If the 3 tape to tape passes don't work, AV doesn't have a Plan B. They've managed to steal a point here and there by going up tempo in the 3rd in these kinds of games but it's not going to work long term nor in the playoffs. May be bailed out re the playoffs because the Islanders are cratering.

AV is a bit too cool for the room. There isn't a screaming lunatic gear, not to refs nor to his players. Now when you scream 24/7, everything is a crisis and nothing is priority. That gets old quick. But been apparent during his tenure he is not at all inclined to break some stuff between periods nor scream his lungs out. Gorton so far does not strike me as a guy who will make a change in season. Brooks touches on this this morning; does he mortgage some youth at the deadline to take a shot with one of HL's last seasons or does he cut bait.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    They lost a game when they played like shit, it happens. They're fine.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    There’s two refs on the ice
    What does that have to do with anything I said? Well aware of that. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Looked like a lot of losses in the AV era; overpassing, failing to gain the zone, not going to the net, indifference to shooting, defenses standing up at the blue line and no dump and chase. If the 3 tape to tape passes don't work, AV doesn't have a Plan B. They've managed to steal a point here and there by going up tempo in the 3rd in these kinds of games but it's not going to work long term nor in the playoffs. May be bailed out re the playoffs because the Islanders are cratering.

AV is a bit too cool for the room. There isn't a screaming lunatic gear, not to refs nor to his players. Now when you scream 24/7, everything is a crisis and nothing is priority. That gets old quick. But been apparent during his tenure he is not at all inclined to break some stuff between periods nor scream his lungs out. Gorton so far does not strike me as a guy who will make a change in season. Brooks touches on this this morning; does he mortgage some youth at the deadline to take a shot with one of HL's last seasons or does he cut bait.
    The overpassing is what drives me fucking nuts. Not enough guys on this roster who are shoot-first players.

Chicago BlackHawks vs. NY Rangers - 8 pm; Madison Square Garden

What does that have to do with anything I said? Well aware of that. Thanks though.
    Because favoritism against teams doesn’t exist.

Yet again, where did I say anything about favoritism? Just made a statement that games officiated by O’Halloran typically feature a call that goes against us. Just made a statement; not insinuating favoritism.

Wrong Glass on the ice last nite.

Yet again, where did I say anything about favoritism? Just made a statement that games officiated by O’Halloran typically feature a call that goes against us. Just made a statement; not insinuating favoritism.
    You’re insinuating bias against the Rangers by a referee. I can see a referee not going certain players the benefit of the doubt because of reputation but this nonsense of a screw the Rangers button as Boomer will put it, doesn’t exist.

Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Wrong Glass on the ice last nite.
    Yep, the other one is terrible.

Chicago brought it to us hard last night... not a fun game to watch. If Hank didn't stand on his head this is probably a blow out

Glass was half full last nite for the Hawks, completely empty for the NYR.

Quote Originally Posted by leetchy2 View Post
    Refs blew the call. Staal clearly got hooked or crosschecked which caused him to crash into the goal taking the puck with him. Should have been a penalty on Chicago.
    What annoyed me to no end was that the television announcers walked through the replay about 20 times without once mentioning that the reason Staal slid into the goal was that he was hauled down. It was not an instance of two players simply getting tangled while crashing toward the net. It was an obvious penalty.

You mean the NHL shills? Mortal sin, capital crime to speak the truth on these broadcasts.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345