Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replacing Kreider Won't Be Easy

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    It's good because it's the likely cause of the restricted blood flow, if the fix works there will be no blood thinners required which means he will be able to come back and play again.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    SHOW ME THE FREAKIN RINGS. SHOW ME THE RINGS.
    Like winning the cup is so easy? Rebuilding is a guaranteed cup?

Of the last 9 cups, Pitt and Chicago account for 6.

Chicago first won in 2009-2010. Prior to that, from 1997 to 2008 (12 years) they absolutely sucked. Record of 343 - 414 - 145. 7th fewest wins in the league. Between 1997 and 2005, they had 8 top 15 draft picks and they still sucked enough to draft Toews #3 in 2006 and Kane #1 in 2007. Is that what you want the Rangers to do? Suck miserably until they luck into drafting a Toews and a Kane?

Pittsburgh first won in 2008-2009. Prior to that, from 2001 to 2006 they had the FEWEST wins in the NHL. 100 - 178 - 50. During those 5 years they drafted #5, #1, #2, #1, #2. They were lucky enough to draft two players better than Toews and Kane in Malkin and Crosby. They got lucky that there was generational talent available to coincide with the beginning of their suckiness.

See Edmonton for what 8 straight top 10 picks will do without generational talent, Buffalo has had 5 straight. Arizona has had 8 picks in the top 8 (including the #7 they traded to us) in the past 13 drafts.

Let's see...Washington had 12 first round picks between 2002 and 2007, to include a #1, #4, and #5. They haven't won a cup or as many playoff games as the Rangers.

What else...The Trashers/Jets are finally having a good year. Since their inception in 1998 - 1999 to 2015 - 2016 they went 518 - 593 - 167. That's second worst in the league for 17 years. They had 2 #1 picks; 3 #2 picks; 1 each #3, #4, #7, and #10; 2 each #8 and #9. That's 13 top ten picks with an overall playoff record of 0 - 8. Fan-fucking-tastic to have to live through that if your a fan of theirs.

Fuck rebuilding, I'd rather watch playoff hockey.
    Last edited by Long live the King; 01-05-2018 at 04:48 PM.

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    I don't see Kreider returning this season No way they'll take a a chance with this.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Though the 26-year-old Kreider was already expected to miss a significant stretch, this might push his time table back further, according to medical experts.

Dr. Tony Wanich, assistant clinical professor of orthopedic surgery at Seton Hall, and Dr. Michael Zervos, thoracic surgeon at NYU Langone Health, neither of whom operated on Kreider and have no knowledge of his specific case, said direct recovery from a rib resection does not actually take that long, as the incisions heal pretty quickly.

The impending rehab process, however, could delay Kreider’s eventual comeback.

There are positive bounce-back stories associated with this procedure. Tampa Bay’s Steven Stamkos had a rib resection in early April 2016 and returned to the ice for Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals seven weeks later. Stamko’s teammate, goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy, underwent the surgery in September 2015 and was back in less than two months as well.

Both doctors said two-to-three months seemed like a reasonable timetable. Wanich estimated Kreider has a 70 percent chance of returning within two months of the operation, and a 90 percent chance within three months.
    https://nypost.com/2018/01/05/chris-...x-blood-clots/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123