Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Kreider Out Indefinitely With Blood Clot

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    It depends how it was caused. If it was from getting hit it would be better than if it were chronic. It'll take 3-4 weeks for it to go away. He probably still has to take thinners for another few weeks and can't play under those meds.
    OK, so three to four weeks for it to go away, plus another few weeks recovery after? We're talking two months. Give or take.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Who?

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Horrible. Hopefully he can recover fully.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    That's some shitty news. Hopefully this doesn't turn into the Dupuis situation where they just kept coming back.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    OK, so three to four weeks for it to go away, plus another few weeks recovery after? We're talking two months. Give or take.
    It can dissolve in 3-4 weeks, but he'd still be on the thinners and you can't play if you're on blood thinners. It's not so much a recovery as it is just preventative after it dissolves.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Also, there's a chance it may never actually dissolve. Wife just said thinners don't dissolve the clots, they just keep the blood flowing.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    @NYP_Brooksie: Similar condition as Vasilevskiy. Kreider expected to miss 6-8 weeks. Tough blow but opportunity for Lettieri.

@NYP_Brooksie: To clarify: Unknown whether Kreider has Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, as did Vasilevskiy (and a pitcher on the Mets). Ongoing medicals.

@NYP_Brooksie: The 6-8 time frame on Kreider is best case scenario.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    Fuck man. Fuck. Excited to see Letteri, but fuck.
    Didn’t realize Vasilevskiy also had blood clots...he’s playing extremely well and he’s playing consistently. I’m hoping for the best for Kreids.
    LGR!

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Damn, hope he’s okay

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    With a blood clot? I've never heard of anyone coming back that quickly, though I suppose it might depend on the severity of the clot. Stamkos was out two and a half months with his. Dupuis and Vokoun lost their careers to theirs.
    Recall David Cone missing about 2 months with a blood clot in his leg. And an MLB pitcher is not going to experience anywhere the contact an NHL winger would.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Recall David Cone missing about 2 months with a blood clot in his leg. And an MLB pitcher is not going to experience anywhere the contact an NHL winger would.
    Cone had an aneurysm in his shoulder and had surgery.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Damn, I hope he is OK. I like CK, he has been playing well too. I hope this doesn't throw off Buch's play too. They play well together. Hoping for a speedy recovery and no long lasting effects.

Senior Member Mite Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    No, AV already saw to that by dropping Buch to the 4th line last game.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    This is...oof. Just hoping he's alright, because that's both all kinds of fucked up for him and unbelievable luck to have caught it before it became something worse.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member Bantam Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Get well Chris.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Never know with blood clots. Blood thinners have their own set of issues to deal with, depending on which one is used. Careers have ended because of them.

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    damn it, CK will be missed

With first Z-bad out and now Kreider it's become REAL obvious we don't have a top line. This game vs buffalo showed that. Big game, lots of energy, and the 4th line gets double shifted.

Now i know what you're all thinking "we've never had a real TOP line" and i know, i get it. But that was kinda something that Ranger fans knew for the last 2-3 years. But every year we had something that resembled a top line. This year it was Kreider, Z, and Buch. Since that line has been broken, you see the effects first off on the PP, its been down hill since then. And now I feel it's affecting games. Other teams don't have to match up against that line, so it opens up putting their top D on whoever they want.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    The super fast ice would’ve been great for Kreider today.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    With first Z-bad out and now Kreider it's become REAL obvious we don't have a top line. This game vs buffalo showed that. Big game, lots of energy, and the 4th line gets double shifted.

Now i know what you're all thinking "we've never had a real TOP line" and i know, i get it. But that was kinda something that Ranger fans knew for the last 2-3 years. But every year we had something that resembled a top line. This year it was Kreider, Z, and Buch. Since that line has been broken, you see the effects first off on the PP, its been down hill since then. And now I feel it's affecting games. Other teams don't have to match up against that line, so it opens up putting their top D on whoever they want.
    They'll have to match up against someone though, and this team at times seems to have 4 lines that can score.
    If they decide for example to match up against Miller Hayes Grabner, that might make life easier for whatever combinations of Zibs, Buchnevich, Nash, Zucc or Fast-Carey-x

I did notice as this game wore on the Rangers had a hard time penetrating and setting up in the O-zone, but part of that I credit to Buffalo working hard on defensive responsibilities.

it will be a challenge without Kreider -- just hoping some players step up and take advantage of the extra minutes they might get. Like Miller did today in front of the net.
    It is what it is, not like we have any control over it; the only plus is it maybe gives more NHL developmental time to Nieves, and a chance for Carey to show what he can do, some of which has been a pleasant surprise. But there is not much substituting for a Kreider -- he's a high-value player.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast