Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chris Kreider Out Indefinitely With Blood Clot

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    @NYRangers: OFFICIAL: #NYR* forward Chris Kreider will undergo surgery to have his rib resected. Following the surgery, he will remain sidelined indefinitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Didn't they say he was going to have the surgery like 10 days ago? Why the delay in getting it done?

Also, this is what Stamkos did. He had surgery on April 4 and played May 26. That's about 7 weeks.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Didn't they say he was going to have the surgery like 10 days ago? Why the delay in getting it done?
    Was wondering the same.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect

Also, this is what Stamkos did. He had surgery on April 4 and played May 26. That's about 7 weeks.
    Im not a dr. or anything close to that, but maybe it has to do with CK probably having to go on blood thinners.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Im not a dr. or anything close to that, but maybe it has to do with CK probably having to go on blood thinners.
    Good thinking. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Good point, could be.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    By the time CK is "ready to return", I think the team would have to really give some serious thought to whether or not to take a chance and let him finish out this season. It may be best for the kid to get everything set and make a go of it for next season instead. I think bringing him back this season is risky with that type of ailment....and god knows we only know the basic information.

I'm no doctor either, but I can't see bringing him back to this squad and risk further injury or god forbid, career ending/life ending damage.

I sure as hell wouldn't rush him back, and I'd be fine letting him stay on the sideline the rest of the year in this type instance.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    By the time CK is "ready to return", I think the team would have to really give some serious thought to whether or not to take a chance and let him finish out this season. It may be best for the kid to get everything set and make a go of it for next season instead. I think bringing him back this season is risky with that type of ailment....and god knows we only know the basic information.

I'm no doctor either, but I can't see bringing him back to this squad and risk further injury or god forbid, career ending/life ending damage.

I sure as hell wouldn't rush him back, and I'd be fine letting him stay on the sideline the rest of the year in this type instance.
    He's not going to be cleared to return if he's not healthy, or it poses any sort of damage to his health.
    He's out for so long due to the medication he is being put on... and once he is removed from that medication (after the condition is cleared up), theres an observation period. They'll do the necessary checks.. this isnt like coming back from a knee injury.

If he's healthy enough to return, put him back in the lineup. With a kid that age, a few weeks of playing at the end of the season will get that motivation and drive back for the summer, as opposed to sitting out, being depressed and discouraged. Any player will tell you - its an awful way to end your season
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Josh, the most important point you make is that once the condition is clear, it is the medication and observation that keeps him sidelined. Once the medication stops, not much else should stop him from rejoining the team. Particularly if they are meaningful games at the end of the season and/or playoffs. Just like Stamkos did last year.

Meaningful games is what I was aiming at. Sorry Josh...I wasn't clear in what I was trying to get at. It's going to be a tough call too! This team is a bubble type team where it could bounce either way at this point; They're not really a dominant 1st place finisher, and they're not a bottom feeder either.

I think they'll do what they always do: Trade for a miracle at the deadline, toss away assets and go for it.

I just hope they don't subject this kid to trouble down the road, because 4 years from now, this season is going to mean nothing.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    He's not going to be cleared to return if he's not healthy, or it poses any sort of damage to his health.
    He's out for so long due to the medication he is being put on... and once he is removed from that medication (after the condition is cleared up), theres an observation period. They'll do the necessary checks.. this isnt like coming back from a knee injury.

If he's healthy enough to return, put him back in the lineup. With a kid that age, a few weeks of playing at the end of the season will get that motivation and drive back for the summer, as opposed to sitting out, being depressed and discouraged. Any player will tell you - its an awful way to end your season
    Agreed. Kreider trains hard in the off season anyway. He works out with coaches from my son's advisor agency, and they rave about his work ethic. We're going up there this summer to work out for some prep schools, I love watching those guys train. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see him up there with a few other MA guys. They don't let the prep school and midget kids skate with college and pro guys, so I'm not sure if we'll cross paths.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Agreed. Kreider trains hard in the off season anyway. He works out with coaches from my son's advisor agency, and they rave about his work ethic. We're going up there this summer to work out for some prep schools, I love watching those guys train. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see him up there with a few other MA guys. They don't let the prep school and midget kids skate with college and pro guys, so I'm not sure if we'll cross paths.
    How old is your son?
    We went out there and looked at a few schools when I was around 7th/8th grade. They were the first few schools we visited, I was like a deer caught in the headlights - hindered the experience a bit. You looking to send him, or just a summer program?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    How old is your son?
    We went out there and looked at a few schools when I was around 7th/8th grade. They were the first few schools we visited, I was like a deer caught in the headlights - hindered the experience a bit. You looking to send him, or just a summer program?
    He's a late 02, just turned 15. 98% of his teammates are always a grade higher. He's a true freshman, so if I send him I won't have him repeat yet. The agency runs a bunch of skates in the offseason to let schools and coaches get a look. He was scouted last year and picked up some steam at a showase in MA this past August. Long fuckin way to go, we'll see what happens lol. So Kreider, Vesey, and a few other NHL guys (I think the Hayes brothers, but not sure) train in the same circles as scouts in his agency, so it'll be an awesome experience if he gets to be around them this spring.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Meaningful games is what I was aiming at. Sorry Josh...I wasn't clear in what I was trying to get at. It's going to be a tough call too! This team is a bubble type team where it could bounce either way at this point; They're not really a dominant 1st place finisher, and they're not a bottom feeder either.

I think they'll do what they always do: Trade for a miracle at the deadline, toss away assets and go for it.

I just hope they don't subject this kid to trouble down the road, because 4 years from now, this season is going to mean nothing.
    If they stay on the bubble for the next two months, Kreider is essentially the piece they bring in at the deadline.

It's a really good sign if this team stays in a playoff spot without him.

If they stay on the bubble for the next two months, Kreider is essentially the piece they bring in at the deadline.

It's a really good sign if this team stays in a playoff spot without him.
    This is true, Future. I'm just concerned for the guy, since he's going to be a big piece of this franchise, hopefully for many years to come. I wouldn't want to see him risk his career for a team, or better yet a coaching staff that won't win. Kreider has all the talent, speed and size to be a top 10 player in this league. This team in my opinion isn't a "bubble team" because we don't have the talent....

https://nypost.com/2018/02/13/raring...gers-im-ready/

Possibly skating at practice on Wednesday

He was coughing up blood and didn't think to mention it?

That's crazy. No young guy who doesn't smoke and didn't just have a nose bleed should be coughing up blood. Yikes, what these guys play with, thats nuts

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    https://nypost.com/2018/02/13/raring...gers-im-ready/

Possibly skating at practice on Wednesday
    He really sounds like a dumb kid lol

"Oh, Im coughing blood for 2-3 weeks... Must be part of the game"

"Oh, I cant feel my arm... Must have slept wrong"

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    He was coughing up blood and didn't think to mention it?

That's crazy. No young guy who doesn't smoke and didn't just have a nose bleed should be coughing up blood. Yikes, what these guys play with, thats nuts
    I understand these guys are tough but when you are coughing up blood ya think he'd say something
    Last edited by paddynyc; 02-14-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

//reported Junior Division
    Yeah. That was a tough read. Silly Kreider.
    LGR!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast