Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 WJC Championship in Buffalo

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect

2018 WJC Championship in Buffalo

Well, it's back again Lads!

And the Rangers actually have some real prospects this time! And Canada is good again, or something like that!

And it's in Buffalo! With extra gimmicks!

Beyond the Ranger 'spects I'm excited to watch my Owen Sound boys in action. Jonah Gadjovich in particular as watching Canadian men beat up NCAA pluggers is pretty neat.

Starts today, get in here!

Also, shitposting is encouraged here. Please be a little loose Mods.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Yes! I totally forgot about this. Thanks!

All game times can be found here:

http://www.buffaloworldjuniors.com/schedule

How to watch/stream the World Juniors

The 2018 World Junior Championships will be broadcast on TSN and the NHL Network. An online stream will be made available on TSNGO.

The sporting news has a breakdown of days and some more info.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news...u1iq9wciijs0uf.

I won't be able to watch till later, but I'm pumped.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Chytil took a helmet straight to his nose right now during a clean check. Came off the ice bleeding. I'm hoping it was just damage to his nose and not a concussion because he's just coming off one of those.

He's back on the bench now thankfully.

Chytil with a goal and an assist, leads Russia 4-2 late in 2nd.

My in laws are still here so I may provide a lot of dunken commentary.

Zachar's speed is deadly. Someone is going to end up drafting him if he has a good tournament.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Are they playing all games in Key Bank, or are some played at Harbour Center ?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Are they playing all games in Key Bank, or are some played at Harbour Center ?
    SWE-BEL is at Harbor. 90% are being played at Key Bank though.

I wish I could be at the outdoor game on Friday at New Era.

The Czechs held on to win 5-4 after quick goals from Russia in the final minutes. I'm not shocked by how well they played. We're going to see a lot of good, young Czech players coming into the NHL over the next couple of years.

Filip Pesan also did a good job of coaching. I wonder if his team has a good showing whether or not he'll take the next step in coming to North America to coach. The Rangers had him come to development camp this past summer to do some work. He currently coaches Liberec in the Czech Extraliga, but they're having a bad season after back to back finals appearances. He's already won a Cezch championship. Time to move on to bigger things.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    The Czechs held on to win 5-4 after quick goals from Russia in the final minutes. I'm not shocked by how well they played. We're going to see a lot of good, young Czech players coming into the NHL over the next couple of years.

Filip Pesan also did a good job of coaching. I wonder if his team has a good showing whether or not he'll take the next step in coming to North America to coach. The Rangers had him come to development camp this past summer to do some work. He currently coaches Liberec in the Czech Extraliga, but they're having a bad season after back to back finals appearances. He's already won a Cezch championship. Time to move on to bigger things.
    What even is the natural next step in NA? Junior? AHL? I don't really know how coaching in one of the Euro leagues would really translate to success in NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    What even is the natural next step in NA? Junior? AHL? I don't really know how coaching in one of the Euro leagues would really translate to success in NA.
    He's held in high regard in the Czech Republic and Europe. He's a smart, young coach. The next step is probably a head coaching gig in junior or an assistant gig in the AHL.

You can say the same thing for success not translating for players just as it can for coaches. If you're looking at it that way then you might as well never look abroad. The better coaches and players can be successful both in North America and Europe. He's considered one of the better coaches in Europe right now.

Nearly midway through the second period in SWE-BEL. Tied 1-1. Andersson is on the top line but he's having a quiet game. He's not on either of Sweden's powerplay units. Should note that he's skating very well.

SWE-BEL is at Harbor. 90% are being played at Key Bank though.

I wish I could be at the outdoor game on Friday at New Era.
    I figured they would play a few mop up games in that rink. There's enough seats to host one of those games as long as you don't have 2 teams with a huge following there. That building is so sick, they never have to step foot outside if they don't want to from arrival to departure of their entire stay.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Nearly midway through the second period in SWE-BEL. Tied 1-1. Andersson is on the top line but he's having a quiet game. He's not on either of Sweden's powerplay units. Should note that he's skating very well.
    How are you watching that game? I wanna watch the game on that rink. It's cool to watch a game like that on a rink my kid has played on a dozen times.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

How are you watching that game? I wanna watch the game on that rink. It's cool to watch a game like that on a rink my kid has played on a dozen times.
    I have a Swedish VPN I also use for SEL games. There's probably a Canadian stream somewhere. I'll check and PM a link if I find.

Moderator Junior Division
    I think this is a big tourney for him.

He doesn't need to produce, but he needs to look a step better than other guys on the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I think this is a big tourney for him.

He doesn't need to produce, but he needs to look a step better than other guys on the ice.
    Sweden is one of the favorites and he's captain. It would be unfortunate if he didn't produce. That team is stacked when it comes to offensive firepower.

I have a Swedish VPN I also use for SEL games. There's probably a Canadian stream somewhere. I'll check and PM a link if I find.
    Thanks. There's another rink directly behind the Sweden goaltender, maybe 20' away. Too small to host a game like this though. And to the right of the Swede goalie maybe about 50' away are the doors and elevator that take you right into Key Bank. All the rinks are actually in the hotel. Awesome building.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Thanks. There's another rink directly behind the Sweden goaltender, maybe 20' away. Too small to host a game like this though. And to the right of the Swede goalie maybe about 50' away are the doors and elevator that take you right into Key Bank. All the rinks are actually in the hotel. Awesome building.
    That's sick. One of these years I want to go when they host nearby again. I contemplated making a quick trip just to make the outdoor game.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast