• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Going to My First Rangers Home Game

torontonyr

Fiance surprised me with tickets and a flight to NYC for Wednesday's game.

We have a hotel in Manhattan right in times square.

Any recommendations for pizza / bagels / food in the area?

Where should I check out in MSG (food, iconic stuff). Also, how do you gain access to the player walk in glass entry way?

Anything else close by I should be checking out?

Watching a game at MSG is a dream come true, real top 3 bucket list sort of thing, so any recommendations at all about my experience would be great.

Fucking lol.

Have a great time dude. There are bars riddled up and down 8th (7th?) ave that are decked out in Rangers gear. You?ll find one. Don?t think you can miss them.

It?s been a while for me, so idk much else, but have a great fucking time. Tell your fiance you love her.

LGR!

Fiance surprised me with tickets and a flight to NYC for Wednesday's game.

We have a hotel in Manhattan right in times square.

Any recommendations for pizza / bagels / food in the area?

Where should I check out in MSG (food, iconic stuff). Also, how do you gain access to the player walk in glass entry way?

Anything else close by I should be checking out?

Watching a game at MSG is a dream come true, real top 3 bucket list sort of thing, so any recommendations at all about my experience would be great.

WOW !!!! that is a great gift how days are you in NYC ?

First, marry that girl!

Mustang Sally?s or Flying Puck just up the block are both fun.

Sorry, access to the tunnel area is with a premium ticket. Unless you bought that there?s no ?ad on.?

This time of year you have to see the tree in Rockefeller Center - and it?s free! Good deals at the TKTS booth in Time?s Square for Christmas Show at Radio City - Rockets and all. One of our other favs is the Nutcracker at Lincoln Center. The Christmas tree growing at the end is utterly amazing.

Dinner for 2 @about $200 at Marc Forgionne (123 Reade St downtown) is quite memorable. On the other hand pizza anywhere in NYC is good.

Empire State Building observation deck? Buy your tickets now online and skip the first line.

Katz?s Deli has ?to-die-for? pastrami or corned beef sandwiches and pickles and kanishes and is other worldly good. Geezus! (I was there last week.)

See ?STOMP? off-broadway for a unique experience. Again, check out TKTS booth for discounts.

The best part though? MSG!!!

Have a great trip. [emoji1303]

First, marry that girl!

Mustang Sally’s or Flying Puck just up the block are both fun.

Sorry, access to the tunnel area is with a premium ticket. Unless you bought that there’s no ‘ad on.’

This time of year you have to see the tree in Rockefeller Center - and it’s free! Good deals at the TKTS booth in Time’s Square for Christmas Show at Radio City - Rockets and all. One of our other favs is the Nutcracker at Lincoln Center. The Christmas tree growing at the end is utterly amazing.

Dinner for 2 @about $200 at Marc Forgionne (123 Reade St downtown) is quite memorable. On the other hand pizza anywhere in NYC is good.

Empire State Building observation deck? Buy your tickets now online and skip the first line.

Katz’s Deli has ‘to-die-for’ pastrami or corned beef sandwiches and pickles and kanishes and is other worldly good. Geezus! (I was there last week.)

See “STOMP” off-broadway for a unique experience. Again, check out TKTS booth for discounts.

Would box seats qualify as premium?

Box as a in ?luxury box?? Those do not include VIP access to the tunnel glass.

Unless you are sitting in the lower bowl and get a wrist band for VIP access then no, you cannot get in there.

Maybe contact MSG ticket sales and see what you can upgrade. I think you?ll be asking for ?Delta Club? access - I forget the name as it?s been a couple of years since we enjoyed that. (Also a gift from a friend.)

Box as a in ‘luxury box?’ Those do not include VIP access to the tunnel glass.

Unless you are sitting in the lower bowl and get a wrist band for VIP access then no, you cannot get in there.

Maybe contact MSG ticket sales and see what you can upgrade. I think you’ll be asking for “Delta Club” access - I forget the name as it’s been a couple of years since we enjoyed that. (Also a gift from a friend.)

Thanks a ton! You've been incredibly helpful!

Tracks Cafe and Raw Bar

https://www.tracksbargrill.com/

Located in Penn Station

Good pre-game place with good food and libations priced at way below any of the Dolan ripoffs inside MSG itself. Plus if the weather is wet or snowy, you can subway down from your hotel to Penn Station, have a nice meal in a NYR fan spot, go to the game at MSG upstairs and subway back.without ever having to deal with the slush, snow or muck outside

First, marry that girl!

Mustang Sally’s or Flying Puck just up the block are both fun.

Sorry, access to the tunnel area is with a premium ticket. Unless you bought that there’s no ‘ad on.’

This time of year you have to see the tree in Rockefeller Center - and it’s free! Good deals at the TKTS booth in Time’s Square for Christmas Show at Radio City - Rockets and all. One of our other favs is the Nutcracker at Lincoln Center. The Christmas tree growing at the end is utterly amazing.

Katz’s Deli has ‘to-die-for’ pastrami or corned beef sandwiches and pickles and kanishes and is other worldly good. Geezus! (I was there last week.)

See “STOMP” off-broadway for a unique experience. Again, check out TKTS booth for discounts.

Frank, good call on Katz's Deli

Just arrived in times square.

Going to head to Katz's for lunch after a quick nap.

As for where we're sitting, we're in the event level suites section. Not sure if it has an exact number yet as we're picking up the tickets at RC.

Apparently close to msg there's a great bagel spot called "best bagel and coffee".

So we might head there at some point.

http://pointsyak.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/seating.jpg

As for where we're sitting, we're in the event level suites section. Not sure if it has an exact number yet as we're picking up the tickets at RC.

Apparently close to msg there's a great bagel spot called "best bagel and coffee".

Nice, behind the penalty box. If you didnt get a wristband then it doesnt include going to the walkway where the players come out.

However you're in the boxes that include the event level suites which is underneath where you're sitting, its like an apartment, a couple of fireplaces, big screen tvs, a bar, plenty of food....its quite a cool experience. My friends firm use to share those exact seats.

Based on my experience, you'll need that nap AFTER the 4 LB 75000 calorie pastrami sandwich at Katzs

Archived