• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lias Andersson to Captain Team Sweden at the WJC

Ranger Lothbrok

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Must be you. He's been doing well.

Good news Drew.

With Zibanejad a concussion risk (one of several on the team?), it's reassuring to hear Anderson is making progress again...even if he's developmentally still a ways to go to being a top-6 NHL center for a team that aspires to contend.

And how did I miss this?: (Don't answer that!)

11/8/17 | 5:15PM: Andersson said that he and Ciaccio focused a lot on his skating and that for Andersson to take then ext step he has to "improve it." (Hockey Sverige)

Ciaccio has also spoken with assistant coaches for Frolunda about things that Andersson should continue to work on. (Hockey Sverige)

10/30/17 | The Rangers have sent their skills coach Marc Ciaccio over to Sweden so that he can work with Lias Andersson on "skill development and skating improvements." (Frolunda)

Ciaccio said that the Rangers would "love" to see Andersson in the NHL next season and they want to put all of their efforts, "off-ice training, on-ice training, nutrition," into him so that he can be prepared for training camp next year. (Frolunda)

He said that the Rangers monitor Andersson's play in Sweden by watching video as well as communicating with Andersson and the staff for Frolunda, including their GM, former Ranger and Ciaccio's very good friend, Freddy Sjostrom.(Frolunda)

Ciaccio is in his fifth season working with the Rangers and previously spent 12 seasons working with the Coyotes as well as time with MODO in the Swedish League.

https://www.sny.tv/rangers/news/the-rangers-sent-their-skills-coach-to-sweden-to-work-with-lias-andersson/260184208

Won't hold that game against him. The majority of Sweden's team plays in either the AHL or SHL. They have 6 kids (if you include Dahlin) drafted in the top 17.

And who is he playing against in the A? Imposters? Playing well against all levels against competition is what makes a player who he is. I'm certainly not down on him after 2 games played in the WJC, I'm just calling it for what it is at the moment. He may come out and bury 1 or 2 tomorrow, who knows ?

And who is he playing against in the A? Imposters? Playing well against all levels against competition is what makes a player who he is. I'm certainly not down on him after 2 games played in the WJC, I'm just calling it for what it is at the moment. He may come out and bury 1 or 2 tomorrow, who knows ?

That wasn't what I was saying. In the A, he has pro line mates playing against other pros. While overall this is a junior tournament, against Sweden he had junior line mates playing against pros.

That wasn't what I was saying. In the A, he has pro line mates playing against other pros. While overall this is a junior tournament, against Sweden he had junior line mates playing against pros.

Again, not down on him at all and would like to see him get another chance this year, but I won't be upset if he doesn't because he has a long way to go and develop. With that said, good players make their lineys better, while they do rely on one another the better ones step up in big moments. He has games left, lets see what happens.

Eh, seems overblown. He's a teenager and acted on his impulses after another emotional defeat

No one gives a shit who comes in second. They don't give out a consolation prize after the SCF is over

If anything it shows the guy cares about winning above all else, and as Rangers fans that's really the only thing we should care about.

Archived