Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lias Andersson to Captain Team Sweden at the WJC

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Hey now, I'm fine with where he is and I though Chytil should have been in North Bay.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Max Pac and other Canadians were impressed with the kid enough to say they respect him more, after this.

On the flipside, Phil, let's go easy on the expectations. It still seems like you, Dunny and other respectable hockey minds are pushing the development of our 18 y/o C's towards an extremely accelerated pace. I mean, even higher rated prospects such as Marner, Ehlers, Nylander, etc, had at least 1 full year in the A and most first rounders need more than that. Mgmt should not be expecting big contributions from the two, even next year. Like a good cook, when they are ready, they are ready. Don't take them out of the oven raw or overdone (the way AV needs em).
    Terrible examples. Marner and Ehlers never played a single AHL game. They both played one year of juniors following their draft and then straight to the NHL...

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Lias Andersson to Captain Team Sweden at the WJC

Yes, I do have an accelerated expectation. I am fully expecting both to again push for full-time roster spots as soon as next training camp.

It's a young man's game. So let young men compete if they show they're ready to.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    I don't even get why anybody interviewed Max Pac about that?

Lias isn't a Canadien, and Max isn't Swedish so I don't get the connection lol

Future Ranger, Future.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Terrible examples. Marner and Ehlers never played a single AHL game. They both played one year of juniors following their draft and then straight to the NHL...
    Alright alright, my mistake on a detail, I forgot it was juniors, but the point remains the same. Even they got a full year of post draft development before joining the big club.

Phil, it is a young man's game for sure and the kids are coming to the draft better trained. However, as for physical maturity nothing has changed and mentally the kids (in general) are certainly more immature then previous generations. Be that as it may there is a good standard to go by. When the prospect experiences diminishing returns from being in the lower levels it is then time to move them up. If they still would solidly benefit from being in a dev league, then 99% of the time they should stay there until their progress has reached a level where moving up becomes better for their development.

It may be a young man's game, but it is still a man's game.

Dunny, you been so excited following the Pack that I was worried you were getting ahead of yourself regarding the Chytil. Now I realize you selfishly wanted him playing among the long shadows in your favorite roadtrip town of Fort, McMurray, Alberta.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Future Ranger, Future.

Indeed. A young man's game. Young. Man. Both. If a 19/20-year old Andersson or 18/19-year old Chytil can continue their development at a pace that makes the Rangers take note next camp, I have no issue giving either of them a roster spot in the NHL based on the perception of immaturity.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Indeed. A young man's game. Young. Man. Both. If a 19/20-year old Andersson or 18/19-year old Chytil can continue their development at a pace that makes the Rangers take note next camp, I have no zero issue giving either of them a roster spot in the NHL based on the perception of immaturity.
    Agreed. We just don't want another Anthony Duclair level of immaturity.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

I just re-read what I wrote and realized it makes no fucking sense. What I mean is that they're already developing as we talk. Chytil, especially, in a league with the best track record of priming NHL players for the show. I wouldn't to let the assumption of immaturity based solely on age prevent either of them from making next year's roster.

I also doubt they'll be facing another Duclair situation either. Neither of these guys had a black mark on their records like Duclair.

Hopefully that makes more sense than that gargled nonsense that Mike read between the lines of.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I just re-read what I wrote and realized it makes no fucking sense. What I mean is that they're already developing as we talk. Chytil, especially, in a league with the best track record of priming NHL players for the show. I wouldn't to let the assumption of immaturity based solely on age prevent either of them from making next year's roster.

I also doubt they'll be facing another Duclair situation either. Neither of these guys had a black mark on their records like Duclair.

Hopefully that makes more sense than that gargled nonsense that Mike read between the lines of.

I read your first post about 5 times before scrolling down and seeing this explanation. However, I wouldn’t to let what? I think I’m even more confused.

God damned typo. I wouldn't let the assumption of immaturity based on age stop either of them from earning a spot in camp next season.

In other words, teenagers or not, if they can play, they can play.

I'm not even fucking drunk.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    God damned typo. I wouldn't let the assumption of immaturity based on age stop either of them from earning a spot in camp next season.

In other words, teenagers or not, if they can play, they can play.

I'm not even fucking drunk.

[/url]
    Ha, gotcha. If they are ready, they are ready. Can't disagree, sorta what I was trying to say.

I have no assumption about Lias and Chytil's maturity, if anything I'd bet on their character. Obviously they are not done growing physically or even mentally or in their knowledge of thriving in the NHL. No need to speculate though, the team will get to gauge that throughout camp and preseason.

My main point puts all that aside and considers this:
    It is not as important how much talent or skill the kids show, as it is how well they are able to play their projected role in the NHL, on this particular team. That includes a certain level of consistency without too many mistakes or liabilities, which kill you in this league. He'll the kids are already more talented than a number of current Rangers, anyway.

In other words, is the guy ready for the pros or will he clearly benefit from additional learning and development in an environment built to do just that.

So, assume Lias is initially projected to start as a 200' 3rd line C. Let's say he is expected to be our fast defensive C to complement Hayes who is more deliberate and puck possession oriended. He is expected to be fundamentally sound in all aspects and feed his quick wingers in good spots. However, Lias has admitted that he needs to work more on his skating. It is not where it needs it to be, for what he needs to do, at the next level. Mgmt may also see a huge benefit in him working on his defense within the structure that the team plays. The Pack is now set up for this and this coaching staff does not do "on-the-job training" anyway.

Given that and his injury, he is pretty far from being near 'ready' this year. It is also reasonable to assume that camp and preseason will not be quite enough to push him into that full time role as our #3C, this October. Thus, mgmt should not go into the off season assuming he will be a key contributor next season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123