• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

'The Office', Revival Eyed at NBC for 2018-2019 Season

Phil

NBC is getting ready to put pen to paper on a revival of The Office.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that the Peacock network is eyeing a continuation of the beloved workplace comedy for the 2018-2019 season. The revival would once again be set at Dunder Mifflin?s Scranton, PA., branch, and feature a mix of new and old cast members. Steve Carell, who starred as the branch?s regional manager, Michael Scott, for seven of the comedy?s nine seasons, will not be involved in the new series. The search for a new RM/boss is said to be already underway.

http://tvline.com/2017/12/18/the-office-revival-nbc-2018-new-cast/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

We are trying to start to watch this series. Never really got into it, but people at work are really pushing it... apparently, we have a bunch of people that are similar to the characters. I think we are 2 or 3 episodes in. Not binge-worthy, so it looks like I might have enough time to catch up.

We are trying to start to watch this series. Never really got into it, but people at work are really pushing it... apparently, we have a bunch of people that are similar to the characters. I think we are 2 or 3 episodes in. Not binge-worthy, so it looks like I might have enough time to catch up.

Season 1 is kind of rough, but half-way through season 2 they really hit their stride. It's one of my favorite shows ever.

As for this revival, no Michael Scott is a real bummer though. Season 8 and 9 without Michael were not that great - even though Season 9 had its moments.

I hope they can get enough of the original cast. We saw what happens when you try to re-boot with 24...

I don?t think it?s anywhere near as good as the UK original. But by the end of the first season they pretty much stopped re-making the English original and did their own stuff.

I enjoyed it but for someone reason stopped watching around the wedding, I?m unsure why.

I?d be interested in a re-boot if most of the originals are involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/19/20874115/office-nbc-reboot-peacock-netflix-steve-carell-friends-hbo-max

A version of The Office with some of the original cast may turn out to be impossible for the network. Steve Carell has said before he’s not interested in returning to the Dunder Mifflin setting. He’s also working on a new satirical comedy set in space with Office showrunner Greg Daniels for Netflix.

I actually never watched this show when it was running because I can't stand Steve Carell. I never found him funny in any movie I have seen him. However, I watched a few episodes at work while on my lunch break and found the show to be hysterical so I sucked it up and started watching about 2 weeks ago. I just started season 7 last night, addicted and still going strong.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/19/20874115/office-nbc-reboot-peacock-netflix-steve-carell-friends-hbo-max

I actually never watched this show when it was running because I can't stand Steve Carell. I never found him funny in any movie I have seen him. However, I watched a few episodes at work while on my lunch break and found the show to be hysterical so I sucked it up and started watching about 2 weeks ago. I just started season 7 last night, addicted and still going strong.

About identical situation.

My son has watched twice, and i simply couldn?t walk into any episode and enjoy. Mainly due to never caring for Steve Corell.

3 weeks ago i started and heading into season 5. Brilliant cast and writers

My son has watched twice, and i simply couldn’t walk into any episode and enjoy. Mainly due to never caring for Steve Corell.

Season 5 was amazing. Without giving too much away, one of my favorite episodes was the fire safety episode. OMFG hahaha. I think the episode is somewhere in the 20s. FUCKING HYSTERICAL

The office is possibly one of the greatest shows ever. But do we need to revive it? can't we just let good shows be what they were?

hopefully they do a revival well, but I wonder if it will end up just being a cash grab that lasts a season and people watch because of 'Office' Nostalgia

edit: im also seeing this thread was originally from 2017 and isn't recent news so nevermind

The office is possibly one of the greatest shows ever. But do we need to revive it? can't we just let good shows be what they were?

hopefully they do a revival well, but I wonder if it will end up just being a cash grab that lasts a season and people watch because of 'Office' Nostalgia

edit: im also seeing this thread was originally from 2017 and isn't recent news so nevermind

While the thread was started in 2017 but the link I just posted was from yesterday so it is a recent topic of discussion.

My son has watched twice, and i simply couldn’t walk into any episode and enjoy. Mainly due to never caring for Steve Corell.

The early episodes are slow, and really did not age well; Michael Scott as a character in today's zeitgeist is more cringe than laugh.

It hits a good pace when it stops focusing so much on Michael in or around the middle of Season 3 and runs nicely for a few more seasons.

This and Parks and Rec, I never got into. I watched enough of both to try, but they just didn't do anything for me. Compared with It's Always Sunny and Curb which had similar air dates, they pale in comparison.

Even other network comedies like Community and Scrubs were funnier, with the former being one of the smartest written comedies I've ever seen.

Season 5 was amazing. Without giving too much away, one of my favorite episodes was the fire safety episode. OMFG hahaha. I think the episode is somewhere in the 20s. FUCKING HYSTERICAL

Just watched last night.....had to watch the fire safety intro twice. As good of TV comedy as I?ve seen

Well, of course it's a cash grab, that's how network TV works.

Something starring half the cast could still be fairly funny - Andy, Dwight and Gabe alone can carry a lot of water - but they'd have a hard time capturing any of the original charisma. And besides that, they'd have to cover A LOT of ground to get any of the characters back in the office (heh). Who was even left at Dunder Mifflin? Dwight, Angela, Oscar, Erin and Gabe?

This and Parks and Rec, I never got into. I watched enough of both to try, but they just didn't do anything for me. Compared with It's Always Sunny and Curb which had similar air dates, they pale in comparison.

Even other network comedies like Community and Scrubs were funnier, with the former being one of the smartest written comedies I've ever seen.

Community is criminally underrated, but it didn't have much staying power.

The Office and Always Sunny I think are the two best sitcoms ever. I couldn't pick one.

Just watched last night.....had to watch the fire safety intro twice. As good of TV comedy as I’ve seen

Its one of the episodes that really stick out in my mind. It was hysterical. Its actually one of the episodes that I randomly watched while on break at work which convinced me to give the show a try. I only saw about half of it, when I was able to see the whole thing when I finally got up to it I was on the edge of my seat the whole episode.

I was actually able to get both kids to nap at the same time this afternoon so I got a few extra episodes in today. I left off on the second or third to last episode of season 7, when Will Ferrell's character is introduced. I plan to finish it off when I get home from work tonight.