Thread: 'The Office', Revival Eyed at NBC for 2018-2019 Season

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

'The Office', Revival Eyed at NBC for 2018-2019 Season

NBC is getting ready to put pen to paper on a revival of The Office.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that the Peacock network is eyeing a continuation of the beloved workplace comedy for the 2018-2019 season. The revival would once again be set at Dunder Mifflinís Scranton, PA., branch, and feature a mix of new and old cast members. Steve Carell, who starred as the branchís regional manager, Michael Scott, for seven of the comedyís nine seasons, will not be involved in the new series. The search for a new RM/boss is said to be already underway.
    http://tvline.com/2017/12/18/the-off...2018-new-cast/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    We are trying to start to watch this series. Never really got into it, but people at work are really pushing it... apparently, we have a bunch of people that are similar to the characters. I think we are 2 or 3 episodes in. Not binge-worthy, so it looks like I might have enough time to catch up.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    We are trying to start to watch this series. Never really got into it, but people at work are really pushing it... apparently, we have a bunch of people that are similar to the characters. I think we are 2 or 3 episodes in. Not binge-worthy, so it looks like I might have enough time to catch up.
    Season 1 is kind of rough, but half-way through season 2 they really hit their stride. It's one of my favorite shows ever.

As for this revival, no Michael Scott is a real bummer though. Season 8 and 9 without Michael were not that great - even though Season 9 had its moments.

I hope they can get enough of the original cast. We saw what happens when you try to re-boot with 24...

Junior Member Mite Division Worle Ranger's Avatar
    I donít think itís anywhere near as good as the UK original. But by the end of the first season they pretty much stopped re-making the English original and did their own stuff.

I enjoyed it but for someone reason stopped watching around the wedding, Iím unsure why.

Iíd be interested in a re-boot if most of the originals are involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk