• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brandon Dubinsky Out 6-8 Weeks With Broken Orbital Bone

Phil

Zack Kassian packs a powerful punch.

Columbus Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky will miss six-to-eight weeks with an orbital bone fracture sustained in a 7-2 loss to the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night.

Dubinsky's injury occurred late in the game, when Kassian pummelled him with multiple blows, after which the Columbus center needed help getting to the dressing room.

Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said the damage Dubinsky suffered to his face hasn't affected the function of his eye or his long-term vision.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1445473

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

And... in exchange, the NYR have Nick Ra$h the 220 lb. marshmallow that rarely throws a punch.

Since the trade:

Brandon Dubinsky: 338 games, 63 goals, 207 points. 0.61 P/GP.

Rick Nash: 346 games, 135 goals, 240 points. 0.70 P/GP.

Yup, I’m good with him rarely throwing a punch.

33 points more than B.D. for the so-called elite " power " forward that begged out of Columbus because he didn't want to be part of a rebuild after getting approx. $100 mil. from them. Now he is an " elite " $8 mil. per penalty killer. Watch your manicure Nick Ra$h.

What have Nash done to you? This is clearly hate on a personal level lol

Since the trade:

Yup, I’m good with him rarely throwing a punch.

The point total is really close I would've expected a bigger discrepancy.

33 points more than B.D. for the so-called elite " power " forward that begged out of Columbus because he didn't want to be part of a rebuild after getting approx. $100 mil. from them. Now he is an " elite " $8 mil. per penalty killer. Watch your manicure Nick Ra$h.

He didn't beg, he was asked by management. He declined. How many players want to stick around for a rebuild? Probably 0. Some have no choice, others do. Nash did, he chose not to, so what? Truth is, it was a win for both franchises. You champion Ryan Callahan who makes a little less than Nash, and puts up significantly less points Nash does. It's comical.

That's why I'm laughing at some of the replies. They're comical. I beg to differ; he begged, demanded a trade but only to teams he approved of. Look it up. Some Captain. You know, the dreaded NTC. If Rick Ca$h put up the numbers that most in the NHL expect of him, used his 6'-4" 218 lb. body the way an elite power forward is expected to do, maybe he wouldn't be out killing penalties @ 8 million per. The NYR would be really blessed if he had the grit, moxie and heart of Capt. Cally.

Well yeah, being told the team is going to rebuild, wtf do you expect him to say 10 years into his career and making the playoffs once? Ask Hank the same question and see if he's still on the Rangers next season. He had a ntc for the same reason everyone else has one, so he can pick where he wants to go. Don't act like he's the only player to do it. Callahan wanted one, G had one for the first 3 years of his deal. He's avg .71 ppg since becoming a Ranger, and has had injuries including a concussion. You act like being on the penalty kill and playing in all 3 zones is a bad thing. You applaud Callahan for doing exactly what Nash does, but because he makes a million dollars more than Callahan, that's supposed to mean he's Wayne Gretzky? If you take Callahan and his contract from Tampa over Nash and his contract since he's been here, you'd be a complete fuckin idiot.

Well yeah, being told the team is going to rebuild, wtf do you expect him to say 10 years into his career and making the playoffs once? Ask Hank the same question and see if he's still on the Rangers next season. He had a ntc for the same reason everyone else has one, so he can pick where he wants to go. Don't act like he's the only player to do it. Callahan wanted one, G had one for the first 3 years of his deal. He's avg .71 ppg since becoming a Ranger, and has had injuries including a concussion. You act like being on the penalty kill and playing in all 3 zones is a bad thing. You applaud Callahan for doing exactly what Nash does, but because he makes a million dollars more than Callahan, that's supposed to mean he's Wayne Gretzky? If you take Callahan and his contract from Tampa over Nash and his contract since he's been here, you'd be a complete fuckin idiot.

LMAO !!!!! Callahan over Nash geez come on common sense. As much as I loved Cally he's no Nash.

Rick Nash: GP 346 G 135 A 105 P 240 -- .69 ppg -- average salary 7.8

*Notes: 2 way player, plays in all 3 zones, plays pp and pk. Has missed about 54 games due to injury.

Callahan: GP 217 G 37 A 61 P 98 -- .45 ppg -- average salary 5.8

*Notes: Grit and moxie. Has missed about 80 games due to injury and a few healthy scratches.

Since the trade:

Yup, I?m good with him rarely throwing a punch.

My issue is there were a lot of other pieces added from our end. And most importantly, Nash?s playoff performance.

As good as Nash is defensively, I?d still maybe give the X factor to Dubinsky. Point wise they shouldn?t even be close, Nash was an elite player

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived