Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Brandon Dubinsky Out 6-8 Weeks With Broken Orbital Bone

  1. #1
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    82,701
    Rep Power
    374

    Brandon Dubinsky Out 6-8 Weeks With Broken Orbital Bone

    Zack Kassian packs a powerful punch.

    Columbus Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky will miss six-to-eight weeks with an orbital bone fracture sustained in a 7-2 loss to the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night.

    Dubinsky's injury occurred late in the game, when Kassian pummelled him with multiple blows, after which the Columbus center needed help getting to the dressing room.

    Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said the damage Dubinsky suffered to his face hasn't affected the function of his eye or his long-term vision.


    https://www.thescore.com/news/1445473


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #2
    List Maker BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22,459
    Rep Power
    197
    Still dumbing it up.

    Dur. Down by 5. 1 minute left. Let's pick a fight with Kassian. Trumpmockingreporter.gif

  3. #3
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,846
    Rep Power
    42
    I don't think he was expecting Kassian to throw a left. Ouch.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    1,831
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Still dumbing it up.

    Dur. Down by 5. 1 minute left. Let's pick a fight with Kassian. Trumpmockingreporter.gif
    Yep, I'm sure Torts can't be thrilled.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  5. #5
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,189
    Rep Power
    206
    Fake tough guy meet real tough guy

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    7
    And... in exchange, the NYR have Nick Ra$h the 220 lb. marshmallow that rarely throws a punch.

  7. #7
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,182
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    And... in exchange, the NYR have Nick Ra$h the 220 lb. marshmallow that rarely throws a punch.
    Because, he's not...a fighter? Maybe?

  8. #8
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    82,701
    Rep Power
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    And... in exchange, the NYR have Nick Ra$h the 220 lb. marshmallow that rarely throws a punch.
    Since the trade:

    Brandon Dubinsky: 338 games, 63 goals, 207 points. 0.61 P/GP.

    Rick Nash: 346 games, 135 goals, 240 points. 0.70 P/GP.

    Yup, I’m good with him rarely throwing a punch.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,058
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    And... in exchange, the NYR have Nick Ra$h the 220 lb. marshmallow that rarely throws a punch.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    7
    33 points more than B.D. for the so-called elite " power " forward that begged out of Columbus because he didn't want to be part of a rebuild after getting approx. $100 mil. from them. Now he is an " elite " $8 mil. per penalty killer. Watch your manicure Nick Ra$h.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,058
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    33 points more than B.D. for the so-called elite " power " forward that begged out of Columbus because he didn't want to be part of a rebuild after getting approx. $100 mil. from them. Now he is an " elite " $8 mil. per penalty killer. Watch your manicure Nick Ra$h.
    What have Nash done to you? This is clearly hate on a personal level lol

  12. #12
    Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    1,831
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Since the trade:

    Brandon Dubinsky: 338 games, 63 goals, 207 points. 0.61 P/GP.

    Rick Nash: 346 games, 135 goals, 240 points. 0.70 P/GP.

    Yup, I’m good with him rarely throwing a punch.
    The point total is really close I would've expected a bigger discrepancy.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  13. #13
    List Maker BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22,459
    Rep Power
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    The point total is really close I would've expected a bigger discrepancy.
    I think we would all like to see that.
    still, twice as many goals, and thats with a few low-productive years.

  14. #14
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,511
    Rep Power
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    33 points more than B.D. for the so-called elite " power " forward that begged out of Columbus because he didn't want to be part of a rebuild after getting approx. $100 mil. from them. Now he is an " elite " $8 mil. per penalty killer. Watch your manicure Nick Ra$h.
    He didn't beg, he was asked by management. He declined. How many players want to stick around for a rebuild? Probably 0. Some have no choice, others do. Nash did, he chose not to, so what? Truth is, it was a win for both franchises. You champion Ryan Callahan who makes a little less than Nash, and puts up significantly less points Nash does. It's comical.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  15. #15
    Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    7
    That's why I'm laughing at some of the replies. They're comical. I beg to differ; he begged, demanded a trade but only to teams he approved of. Look it up. Some Captain. You know, the dreaded NTC. If Rick Ca$h put up the numbers that most in the NHL expect of him, used his 6'-4" 218 lb. body the way an elite power forward is expected to do, maybe he wouldn't be out killing penalties @ 8 million per. The NYR would be really blessed if he had the grit, moxie and heart of Capt. Cally.

  16. #16
    List Maker BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22,459
    Rep Power
    197

  17. #17
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,511
    Rep Power
    288
    Well yeah, being told the team is going to rebuild, wtf do you expect him to say 10 years into his career and making the playoffs once? Ask Hank the same question and see if he's still on the Rangers next season. He had a ntc for the same reason everyone else has one, so he can pick where he wants to go. Don't act like he's the only player to do it. Callahan wanted one, G had one for the first 3 years of his deal. He's avg .71 ppg since becoming a Ranger, and has had injuries including a concussion. You act like being on the penalty kill and playing in all 3 zones is a bad thing. You applaud Callahan for doing exactly what Nash does, but because he makes a million dollars more than Callahan, that's supposed to mean he's Wayne Gretzky? If you take Callahan and his contract from Tampa over Nash and his contract since he's been here, you'd be a complete fuckin idiot.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  18. #18
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Shane Falco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    11,898
    Rep Power
    102
    Lmao.

    Man I had a long detailed response written out and realized there’s no chance in hell it’d make a difference so I decided to just laugh.

    My goodness.

  19. #19
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,511
    Rep Power
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    Lmao.

    Man I had a long detailed response written out and realized there’s no chance in hell it’d make a difference so I decided to just laugh.

    My goodness.
    I wanna read it
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  20. #20
    Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    1,831
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Well yeah, being told the team is going to rebuild, wtf do you expect him to say 10 years into his career and making the playoffs once? Ask Hank the same question and see if he's still on the Rangers next season. He had a ntc for the same reason everyone else has one, so he can pick where he wants to go. Don't act like he's the only player to do it. Callahan wanted one, G had one for the first 3 years of his deal. He's avg .71 ppg since becoming a Ranger, and has had injuries including a concussion. You act like being on the penalty kill and playing in all 3 zones is a bad thing. You applaud Callahan for doing exactly what Nash does, but because he makes a million dollars more than Callahan, that's supposed to mean he's Wayne Gretzky? If you take Callahan and his contract from Tampa over Nash and his contract since he's been here, you'd be a complete fuckin idiot.
    LMAO !!!!! Callahan over Nash geez come on common sense. As much as I loved Cally he's no Nash.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •