• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sens Ask Karlsson, Others for No-Trade Lists

Phil

The Ottawa Senators have 10 players with no-trade clauses in their contracts and plan to ask each to provide a list of teams they would not be dealt to, according to Sportsnet?s Elliotte Friedman.

Among those players is Senators captain Erik Karlsson, but don?t read into that just yet.

?I was told that does not mean 100 per cent that Erik Karlsson is getting traded. It just opens the option,? Friedman said during the Headlines segment of Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday.

The tactic is similar to what the Senators did in 2011, said Friedman, when they asked for players? no-trade lists before dealing away Mike Fisher, Chris Kelly and Alex Kovalev.

Karlsson, 27, is set to become a free agent following the 2018-19 season. He made headlines last week after telling the Ottawa Sun: ?When I go to market, I?m going to get what I?m worth, and it?s going to be no less, no matter where I?m going.?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators-ask-no-trade-lists/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Skjei, 1st, 2nd, Conditional 1st (Triggered either by re-sign or making the Cup Final).

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I?d sooner move McDonagh for a long-term-locked-up EK65. It?s really unfortunate he?s having a bad year, so not sure what the deal actually is.

(Also under the premise that Skjei is top LHD next year, which is a big presumption.)

I’d sooner move McDonagh for a long-term-locked-up EK65. It’s really unfortunate he’s having a bad year, so not sure what the deal actually is.

(Also under the premise that Skjei is top LHD next year, which is a big presumption.)

McD actually makes a lot of sense given 1) the value 2) what our future will likely be and 3) what they're looking for (see Brassard).

If you flip Mac for Karlsson you're mitigating the value that Karlsson brings because it does nothing to solve the depth problem. If you flip for Karlsson in the offseason and unload Mac, you're still probably looking at Marc Staal or Nick Holden in your top 4 AND you've now got two RHD who need high OZS to really be effective. That's awfully tough to work with and expensive to boot. Talking about EK is fun, but it really makes no sense.

Sean Day is going to be better than EK anyways.

(I kid, I kid)

Just looking at CapFriendly, and I'll take Borowiecki to replace Kampfer, and OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT PHANEUFF CONTRACT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Would anyone want Brassard back? I don't like the 5 Mill hit next year, but you could easily flip him, again, over the summer.

I would take Brass in a heartbeat, and I don't even particularly love his game. I don't think he's been very good this year though. He was hot to start the season but he's got 0 goals and 7 assists in the last 20 games. He's a -9 in their last 4 lol. For someone who sees as much ice time as he does, he's not even getting shots.

That could actually drive the price down quite a bit, and he's obviously a better fit for this system than Ottawa's. Wonder what the price would be? I'd be stoked about this forward group going into the playoffs:

Kreider - Zib - Buch

Miller - Hayes - Vesey

Nash - Brass - Zucc

Grabner - Boo - Fast

You can play around with that middle-6 a bit, but that's a pretty strong group.

Just offer our 1st, then flip him again in the summer for a 2nd.

There's not much meat on the Ottawa carcas, and with the vaunted parity there may not be many more chances. Could be smart to move quickly.

No way I'd give up a first for him - and I don't think that's what it would take to get him anyways.

I’d be interested in Hoffman.

Hoffman makes sense if they plan on also flipping Nash or Grabner at the deadline.

Depending on how they want this roster to look in the playoffs, a 1-for-1 flip of Hoffman for either of those guys could be a real good thing.

Hoffman's not really a Nash or Grabner replacement.

Unfortunately for Rangers fan, if this team is in the playoff hunt, Nash and Grabner aren't they types of players you trade off for a deep run. They bring much more well-rounded games, and will be 3rd/4th line role players that can net points.

Hoffman is a 1-dimensional forward. And expensive.

Archived