Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Could John Tavares Land On Broadway In 2018?

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I think we could see Chytil on the wing if Andersson is ready to make the jump next year. Could play a game very similar to Zucc.
    I haven't been paying attention to either Chytil or Andersson, but sure, whoever's ready. If both warrant a spot on the club, even better. There's also Miller who can slot in at center as well.
    So losing Hayes to get JT is a HUGE plus for this team.
    LGR!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    What I was getting at is, while Miller can play center, the team wants him as a wing. He's not expendable. If fact if we sign Tavares, Miller becomes arguably the most talented winger he's ever had.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    I wouldn't start salivating yet.
    I assure you I am not holding my breath lol

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    What I was getting at is, while Miller can play center, the team wants him as a wing. He's not expendable. If fact if we sign Tavares, Miller becomes arguably the most talented winger he's ever had.
    Ahh gotcha.
    LGR!

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    JT would play with Zuccarello.

Tavares has played with some "talented" guys, Eberle now, Schremp, Okposo, Nielsen
    other playmakers like Parenteau, Kuleman, Grabovski,

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    JT would play with Zuccarello.

Tavares has played with some "talented" guys, Eberle now, Schremp, Okposo, Nielsen
    other playmakers like Parenteau, Kuleman, Grabovski,

Yeah, I'd imagine the line would be JT - JT - Zucc.

Eberle plays with Barzal. Tavares plays with Lee and Bailey. The only one of those Isles or ex-Isles that put up multiple 50-60 point seasons without Tavares is Grabovski, but he didn't have great numbers on the Isles. I'd say Okposo is the best winger he's had on the Isles, but based off what Okposo has done in Buffalo, I'd say Miller is better.

Moderator Junior Division
    There's no way Kreider wouldn't be on JT's wing. He's the exact type of player that thrives with JT. Moulson, Okposo, Lee...

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Yup. Kreider, Tavares, Zucc. That's how I start off.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Squirt Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    This is all a pipe dream to me

Senior Member Midget Division
    I truly feel like the “microscope of NY” is only for guys on this board. The NYR will get a back page 3 or 4 times a year and sports radio can’t be bothered with Hockey. Literally no one cares so long as the Knicks are relevant. The jets and giants/ Yankees and Mets will always take priority. In fact, I’d venture to say the average NY sports fan would rather watch any MNF or TNF game over a Rangers/islanders game.

Case and point. The girl I make small talk with every morning in the bagel store would talk to me about Carmelo Anthony and baseball based on just pop culture. The bagel store is on 8th Ave and 53rd. For a while, Henrik Lundqvist lived 100 yards away at 301 West 52nd Street. He would come in there from time to time. She knew I was a big Hockey fan. She didn’t know who he was or where to even make small talk about Hockey lol.

Long story short, the image of NYC as this daunting media frenzy venue is truly a fallacy IMO

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    More writers/reporters in NY, and still more eyes, regardless of how far down it is on the totem pole

Member Mite Division RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    Kreider and Buchnevich have too much chemistry to break up. If some how we get Tavares I put him in between the two of them.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by RJWantsTheCup View Post
    Kreider and Buchnevich have too much chemistry to break up. If some how we get Tavares I put him in between the two of them.
    I think it's Zib that makes those two go, but yea, I'd do this as well.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    I truly feel like the “microscope of NY” is only for guys on this board. The NYR will get a back page 3 or 4 times a year and sports radio can’t be bothered with Hockey. Literally no one cares so long as the Knicks are relevant. The jets and giants/ Yankees and Mets will always take priority. In fact, I’d venture to say the average NY sports fan would rather watch any MNF or TNF game over a Rangers/islanders game.

Case and point. The girl I make small talk with every morning in the bagel store would talk to me about Carmelo Anthony and baseball based on just pop culture. The bagel store is on 8th Ave and 53rd. For a while, Henrik Lundqvist lived 100 yards away at 301 West 52nd Street. He would come in there from time to time. She knew I was a big Hockey fan. She didn’t know who he was or where to even make small talk about Hockey lol.

Long story short, the image of NYC as this daunting media frenzy venue is truly a fallacy IMO
    Compared to the other sports in the city, yes. Compared to other NHL markets, its not. Especially ones where the media don't hold the team or players to the fire. Just ask Dan Boyle.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234